LaoTzu21

Meditation and demons

Hi i was speaking to my teacher about meditation and he was saying demons are very real things. he also said you can reach a point where your own personal demons will manifest and come out infront of you and hopefully by that time you will know what to do about them. i would like to ask can someone give me more information about this topic as im a little warry when i practice meditation now. im a bit on edge because of it. please answer asap

Hi i was speaking to my teacher about meditation and he was saying demons are very real things. he also said you can reach a point where your own personal demons will manifest and come out infront of you and hopefully by that time you will know what to do about them. i would like to ask can someone give me more information about this topic as im a little warry when i practice meditation now. im a bit on edge because of it. please answer asap

Well I'm not sure if he meant metaphorically or not, but I have noticed when I do the inner smile, I tend to dig up a bunch of gunk to deal with that I often did not even realize was there.

he said you could actually see them clear as day infront of your face when you become a certain level.

Well then I suppose being at a low level has its advantages sometimes lol :P

Edited by dmattwads

I don't have personal experience in this, so take this for what you will. However, I've read many variations on a theme related to this that seem fairly reasonable and talked with several teachers who have experienced similar things.

First, to be able to experience something like this, a person has generally to be really, really experienced.

Second, what a person experiences varies according to the person's personality and psychological make up, plus the tradition they are in.

Thus, based upon what your teacher is telling you, this might be something that is related to your tradition.

From my reading, these types of phenomenon may occur when a person is able to get pretty well into what is called the subtle realm. Also from my reading, these phenomenon do appear real to whomever is experiencing them. I have also met people who appear quite sane who tell me about beings materializing in front of them while they are meditating, then opening their eyes and they are still there and then proceed to give them a teaching. However, I question whether a person observing this would be able to see whatever had appeared to the person or not.

Thus, at present I take the safe route and work with teachers who know how to keep me out of this sort of situation and avoid any sort of work that has to do with "entities". Just my choice, maybe I'm just a woosey.

its just freaking me out a bit im thinking about it alot and im wondering why i want to think about it because thinking about it will invite them.

I don't think negative thought forms (what he calls demons) are a big deal. Easy to just ignore. They go away when you focus on positive things.

But here is something to think about: why are you meditating? Are you seeking wisdom? If you want to know the truth or have enlightenment, then you may have to face everything that exists, and not keep anything hidden.

If you are just meditating to reduce stress, then you might want to be sure of the type of meditation you're doing. Some people may not want to open up, and that's fine.

i want to firstly meditate to heal my i.b.s (irratble bowel syndrome) and then for spiritual purposes such as breaking the circle of life.

yes they are real. I will tell you this they can attack you, influence you or people around you(which is demonic oppression), and they can infect you with what i can best describe as a dense ball of negative energy that makes you tired, angry, and depressed. I have removed these negative energy balls or seeds from people and myself. All that i have just said comes from personal experience and not theory or believe. If your third eye is open you see them as dark shadows following people.

yeah, i used to worry about that too. Here's the thing though, the more you fear them the more you feed them, it's a cache22. In reality I believe we are WAY more powerful than any demon and that we give away our power through negative emotions. The best demons can do is tempt through intimidation, bribery etc. they truly are weak cowards seeking to drain the power of those they can affect. As scary as they may appear or seem to be, it's just a bravado. There's simple logic that will dispell the idea that they may be more powerful than us and it goes as follows. If they are truly more powerful than us and wish to destroy us then they would have done so already. the fact that they haven't proves that they can't and when you begin to show that they have no power over you by reclaiming your own power then they will retaliate. They want you to be like cattle, stupid and under control so they can feed off us. They wage war using illusion. The first big illusion is that we're weaker then them. If we believe this then they will use fear to control us. The best attitude to have is that of minor annoyance, like your bratty little sister is disrupting your meditation, because in reality the situation isn't that different. However if a demon materializes outside of you then thats good, i believe that means you're letting it go. If it's no longer inside you then it's likely a final attempt before it finally leaves you for good.

If you can't believe in your own power then it may help using a mantra or praying to the deity you wish to protect you. Most people who experience "demons" find this easier. Though personally I think it's better to use your own power if you can.

This response is just based on my knowledge and minor experience.

-Astral

yeah, i used to worry about that too. Here's the thing though, the more you fear them the more you feed them, it's a cache22. In reality I believe we are WAY more powerful than any demon and that we give away our power through negative emotions. The best demons can do is tempt through intimidation, bribery etc. they truly are weak cowards seeking to drain the power of those they can affect. As scary as they may appear or seem to be, it's just a bravado. There's simple logic that will dispell the idea that they may be more powerful than us and it goes as follows. If they are truly more powerful than us and wish to destroy us then they would have done so already. the fact that they haven't proves that they can't and when you begin to show that they have no power over you by reclaiming your own power then they will retaliate. They want you to be like cattle, stupid and under control so they can feed off us. They wage war using illusion. The first big illusion is that we're weaker then them. If we believe this then they will use fear to control us. The best attitude to have is that of minor annoyance, like your bratty little sister is disrupting your meditation, because in reality the situation isn't that different. However if a demon materializes outside of you then thats good, i believe that means you're letting it go. If it's no longer inside you then it's likely a final attempt before it finally leaves you for good.

If you can't believe in your own power then it may help using a mantra or praying to the deity you wish to protect you. Most people who experience "demons" find this easier. Though personally I think it's better to use your own power if you can.

This response is just based on my knowledge and minor experience.

-Astral

thank you astral its cleared a few things up. i just still feel a bit on edge like im being watched by some sort of demon i notice things move when there is no air circulating like wind. things just fall for no reason and they always have done. and its casuing me stress to think about it for some reason i cant let go and enjoy my meditation at the moment and a aprt of me wants to meet them which i strictly know is not a good thing. so your basically saying that i have to increase my own power through meditation. ive only recently started again but i am a sensitive soul so everything seems amplified when i do spiritual things. or even when i think about things. i just want to relax and be at peace and know i will have a safe journey.

yes they are real. I will tell you this they can attack you, influence you or people around you(which is demonic oppression), and they can infect you with what i can best describe as a dense ball of negative energy that makes you tired, angry, and depressed. I have removed these negative energy balls or seeds from people and myself. All that i have just said comes from personal experience and not theory or believe. If your third eye is open you see them as dark shadows following people.

how do you open your third eye?

Another reason not to get caught up with "scenery". IMO and small experience.

If you'd prefer a "non-esoteric" explanation (same thing, different words to describe it) that could perhaps calm you down.

I mentioned on the other thread that qi-gong helps me to not freak out (well, not too much;-)) and I'll add that have a solid mastery of your breathing can be counted on to relax you and handle whatever comes your way. I believe those Tibetans referred to it as a "lung horse"? Anyone?

thank you astral its cleared a few things up. i just still feel a bit on edge like im being watched by some sort of demon i notice things move when there is no air circulating like wind. things just fall for no reason and they always have done. and its casuing me stress to think about it for some reason i cant let go and enjoy my meditation at the moment and a aprt of me wants to meet them which i strictly know is not a good thing. so your basically saying that i have to increase my own power through meditation. ive only recently started again but i am a sensitive soul so everything seems amplified when i do spiritual things. or even when i think about things. i just want to relax and be at peace and know i will have a safe journey.

Yeah just focus on raising your "power level" (dbz referance :D :D :D ) through inner alchemy. The meditation that efflang gave in your "Meditation" post was GOLD that I actually ended up paying money for :P, lol, but o well.

As a recap of what he said: no ejaculation or sexual stimulation, focus on lower dan tien in lotus (or half lotus with index fingers touching), natural or reverse breathing. Do this until you feel heat/vibration in lower dan tien. It should start moving after awhile.

This is level 1 in Kunlun and a few other arts, it's the basis for most alchemy. Demons will try to stop you doing anything that will allow you to regain all of your power, even the buddha had a whole army of demons try to disrupt his meditation, he silenced them with a single gesture :). There's a saying in Falun Dafa "One good repels a thousand evils". Work on meditation for energetic development and work on your mind to recognize negative influences and reclaim control of your mind. Meditation will open your third eye, like i said, when the heat is established it moves, usually up the spine, and when it reaches your third eye it will open. Of course from that point you may want to use some exercises to develop that opened third eye; but focus on opening it first. Every decent alchemy system starts with meditation. It may have some physical exercises to help increase the active energy, but meditation is what takes everything to a whole new level.

If you're looking for a guaranteed safe travel I would find a "Master" that you trust who can help you in that sense. I would ask around the forum for such a source. However if you continue meditation you may find a "master" in another realm who may help protect you. If not there are deities you can pray to prior to meditation to watch over you.

Lastly...alright this is rather controversial and I cannot back this up with anything other than my personal exp and a few "masters", but a vegetarian/vegan diet seems to prevent certain demonic influences. Personally i believe this is a VERY underrated and overlooked practice and it's helped me immensely in the dealing of negative entities and thoughts. You may want to experiment with it and see if it helps.

-Astral

From time to time I've wondered how much outside spiritual influences make problems in my life, but for the most part I feel like overcoming myself is far more of a challenge than anything like demons are.

ya know somedays im just glad to be a taoist

somedays it just feels like this

and not some witch or occultist who believes that they are doing magic, whom does not know any alchemy or let alone the full alchemy, and believes that they can control(which is retarded) and cast out demons with no spiritual attainment at all.

IMO your teacher is right.

But think how many dangers one faces in daily life ,even just by crossing a road,or going to doctor-some person you dont know and trust with your life just becouse everyone else does and its so common so it must be true etc...

Dont be scared life gives us tools at every step too.

When you are a baby you cant go ride bike on the main road.Slowly you can learn and will not be scared any more.

There are many types of life forms (thought forms,beings made only of fire element etc)coexisting,its a part of nature.Its normal.

I usually tell those nasties if they turn up to F***O**!

A big reason that various types of demons have not made greater inroads is that the Good Earth has Sons and Daughters who have turned into beings of pure, white-gold and they hold back or mitigate a great deal of the evil for those of us who are far, far younger and often foolish! Also, besides those Master souls there are a great many other types of various powerful angel or deva like beings who guard realms and people!

Prayer is often advised over many (perhaps most) forms of meditation when one is feeling attacked; that is because many forms of meditation will just open you and 3rd eye visions up to more attacks unless you already know exactly what you are doing and how to proceed! - Thus cases where one already has teachings and personal help that have already been proven out for them. (and which are well beyond books or mixed internet sources)

Good fortune to you.