beoman

intense tingling between eyebrows = third eye something?

Sorry if this question has been asked before on the forum... I'm almost certain it has, but I searched for "third eye" and for "third" and it gave no results, so maybe the search is wack atm?

On two occasions recently, when meditating, I've been struck by an intense tingling between my eyebrows. I wasn't focusing on that area before I felt it - I was just doing noting. Usually I can feel some tingling there if I point my finger at it, or focus on the area a bit, but this was a much more intense feeling. After a little time of feeling the sensation it also felt like my head was really stiff. My questions are:

* Did this have something to do w/ the third eye? Something w/ the third eye "awakening"?

* What does it mean to have your third eye awaken? What happens as a result? A link to more detailed posts about it would be great too since I'm sure there's something about it.. just not sure what info is good and what isn't.

Third Eye Something

don't become attached to sensations, experiences.... what if it is a third eye something? and if not? no one can answer your personal questions with any certainty...you should not be concerned, just keep practicing, all will come. One mustn't get attached to or seek out 'confirmatory signs/experiences' of progress, this is very ill advised; much will manifest negatively.

In the 14 or whatever pages of the following thread, there's actually a tiny bit of actual, useful info making it worth the read. http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/15321-third-eye/

Edited by fizix

Sorry if this question has been asked before on the forum... I'm almost certain it has, but I searched for "third eye" and for "third" and it gave no results, so maybe the search is wack atm?

On two occasions recently, when meditating, I've been struck by an intense tingling between my eyebrows. I wasn't focusing on that area before I felt it - I was just doing noting. Usually I can feel some tingling there if I point my finger at it, or focus on the area a bit, but this was a much more intense feeling. After a little time of feeling the sensation it also felt like my head was really stiff. My questions are:

* Did this have something to do w/ the third eye? Something w/ the third eye "awakening"?

* What does it mean to have your third eye awaken? What happens as a result? A link to more detailed posts about it would be great too since I'm sure there's something about it.. just not sure what info is good and what isn't.

Yea I know this search engine does not work well. What I usual do is go to Google and just type in "tao bums...." and then what I want to look for. I usually get good results that way. Google the latest threat on "Third Eye" and there is all sorts of interesting stuff about that there.

As to your questions.

It did have something to do with the third eye, but not about it awakening, just there was more chi there than usual. I have this happen to me frequently sometimes when I try to and other times when I don't, such as doing the MCO.

As to your second question read the thread I mentioned. Drew Hempel seems to know quite a bit about this topic so see what he says about it.

Beoman, one point is obvious - Change is happening to you in the region you describe.

Why not ride it out to see what develops ? All that you need to do to reverse the process is to stop meditating.

Third Eye Something

don't become attached to sensations, experiences.... what if it is a third eye something? and if not? no one can answer your personal questions with any certainty...you should not be concerned, just keep practicing, all will come. One mustn't get attached to or seek out 'confirmatory signs/experiences' of progress, this is very ill advised; much will manifest negatively.

Yeah I do understand this on some level. I oscillate between "ah well I'll just keep meditating! something is happening, it's neat, will see what happens next" to "omg I must know what that was!! tell me it was a cool experience!", although I never feel the latter too intensely. I think a balance is helpful though... it's too much to have any tiny thing happen and look for confirmation for what it was, but it seems too little to have things happen and have no idea what they mean. Then again, unless an experience would change the "just keep meditating in the same way" thought, I sppose it's not necessary to know "what" it was.

In the 14 or whatever pages of the following thread, there's actually a tiny bit of actual, useful info making it worth the read. http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/15321-third-eye/

Thanks! I think I was looking for that. I'll see what's up.

Beoman,a mosquito?

Could it be mosquito bite on the forehead?

Are they about where you live?

hah that would be the best answer =P. There aren't many mosquitos around, though.. and I've never had such a feeling from a mosquito bite before. My forehead wasn't tingling in an itchy way, it was just.. felt like there was something there.

hah that would be the best answer =P. There aren't many mosquitos around, though.. and I've never had such a feeling from a mosquito bite before. My forehead wasn't tingling in an itchy way, it was just.. felt like there was something there.

I was joking with you :P:)

Maybe do more meditation and explore and research more to understand from within.

Happy journey!