Sign in to follow this  
Maddie

Testicle Breathing / Big Draw

I had tried doing a variation of Testicle Breathing as taught by Mantak Chia in order to lessen my desire, but it did not really seem to work, plus I felt very lethargic. Finally I could not take it anymore and did the Big Draw instead. This helped a lot with the desire aspect as well as the lethargy too. At this time the only thing I can figure is that I did not do the Testicle Breathing correctly...

You are suppose to breath into the testicles first, and then draw up the unaroused energy. I did not breath into them first as I was afraid that this might stimulate me too much. On the other hand the only thing I did differently with the Big Draw was to self stimulate and then draw the energy into my MCO and store in the Dan Tien. I had tried to do the same thing with my variation of testicle breathing but I suppose since I did not breath into the testicles first, there was not enough conversion? I'll try to do the full method next time and see what happens. Yet nevertheless now I feel more energetic, light and flexible, plus my desire is back to a normal/almost neutral state. Any input would be appreciated.

P.S. I know that full lotus is also effective, but it is often very difficult for me to get into it, so I have to know alternative methods as well. I would also like to be able to do the method Drew does but as of yet I have no idea how to do that.

Edited by dmattwads

One other thing of importance I thought I should mention. After I did the big draw the sexual energy issue was greatly improved, but there was still this lingering desire that really had no substance behind it. For a while I tried testicle breathing some more, but that did not seem to make a difference. Then I considered that after being sexual aroused it could create too much excitement. Over excitement / joy can harm the heart. So I did some smiling to the heart and heart healing sound and then that feeling of being overly stimulated mentally went away as well.

One other thing of importance I thought I should mention. After I did the big draw the sexual energy issue was greatly improved, but there was still this lingering desire that really had no substance behind it. For a while I tried testicle breathing some more, but that did not seem to make a difference. Then I considered that after being sexual aroused it could create too much excitement. Over excitement / joy can harm the heart. So I did some smiling to the heart and heart healing sound and then that feeling of being overly stimulated mentally went away as well.

Do chi weight lifting. After your first week and after you get the hang of it, you will have less desire. You will feel great. I never got much from testical breathing. Big draw is good.

Mantak Chia in his book says testicle breathing is supposed to help you control your desire, but I'm not so sure I have found this to be the case. The most effective method I have found so far is full lotus, the only problem is its hard for me to get into full lotus. Yea the big draw is pretty effective for reducing desire as well, but you have to be careful to not get mentally stimulated while physically stimulating. This is something Chia warns about.

If something is not working, read the instructions again.

Also, I found that studying the description of the practice repeatedly, after longer periods of practice, it's also very helpful.

Integrate the practice with the rest of the system, if you want it to work.

Also, you might want to read the Mantak Chia article, from the article section.

If something is not working, read the instructions again.

Also, I found that studying the description of the practice repeatedly, after longer periods of practice, it's also very helpful.

Integrate the practice with the rest of the system, if you want it to work.

Also, you might want to read the Mantak Chia article, from the article section.

Yea I do go back to the book often to make sure I'm not missing something, but perhaps it just takes more practice. I do also use the rest of the practices as well, including inner smile, healing sounds, MCO, 8 Brocades ect.. I have found the full lotus to be very effective as well, but I have a hard time doing it for enough time. I

I also read the past threads about Mantak Chia's system. You seem to know a lot about his practices. Can you go into more detail about what Testicle breathing does? Does it convert sexual fluid to jing, jing to chi? What has been your experience? I noticed the Big Draw is effective for me for a while, but after about 2 weeks, its simply not enough and I have to relase. Are you theoretically supposed to be able to retain/convert indefinately?

The practices need the context to work. The context is the Chinese metaphysics.

You will be surprised how much you will discover if you get your nose into it.

Keep in mind that most of the Taoist masters are also highly educated people, and that they further their education in parallel with their cultivation.

The ability to retain grows gradually, as you learn what to do with the power that remains inside you. If you give it a specific purpose, it will stay with you. If not, it will leave you, via other escape routes.

A pine tree needs more than 20 years to grow up.

I suspect it's the same with this system.

The positive side is, once you get the gears running, they run for eternity.

Yea I do go back to the book often to make sure I'm not missing something, but perhaps it just takes more practice. I do also use the rest of the practices as well, including inner smile, healing sounds, MCO, 8 Brocades ect.. I have found the full lotus to be very effective as well, but I have a hard time doing it for enough time. I

I also read the past threads about Mantak Chia's system. You seem to know a lot about his practices. Can you go into more detail about what Testicle breathing does? Does it convert sexual fluid to jing, jing to chi? What has been your experience? I noticed the Big Draw is effective for me for a while, but after about 2 weeks, its simply not enough and I have to relase. Are you theoretically supposed to be able to retain/convert indefinately?

I noticed Dirk Al (Ajhaan Al), which is an instructor in CHias system in addition to quite acomplished in Buddhist meditation, wrote a lot of very specific replies about these types of practices on his facebook page. Maybe you can add him on facebook, read through what he has written about it and maybe ask a question if you need to. You could ask on MIchale Winns forum also if it is still operating.

For staying in full lotus longer, how about yin yoga. Stretches for five minutes or longer in each pose. Suposed to be possibly the fastest way to get stretching results. Meridian stretching is also supoosed to be quicker then most other stretching systems.

Edited by markern

the old teachings say:

When the Jing is full; one does not desire sex.

When the Qi is full; one does not feel hunger.

When the Shen is full; one does not need sleep.

The road to immortality starts with transmuting Jing to Qi, Qi to Shen and returning the Shen to the Void and uniting the Void with the Tao.

How to start? Be still, look within. Wu Wei Er Wu Bu Wei – stop emotion, be happy, save Jing.

To save Jing be still.

To save Jing - Wu Wei – do nothing – Er Wu Bu Wei – and leave nothing undone. Smile more. Transmuting Jing to Qi is the first level.

The motion during meditation is the Jing transmuting to Qi. Healing without medicine!

When Jing is very strong you can remember your dreams.

In short, to truly quench your sexual desire - you must fill your jing up. Because ironically, the more jing you have, the less you desire sex (apparently).

To fill your jing up, you must be still & conserve it. And then practice this for a long time (months or years?) until it's full.

But it is simply not something that you accomplish immediately with some mind-driven "pop Tao" technique.

Edited by vortex

In short, to truly quench your sexual desire - you must fill your jing up. Because ironically, the more jing you have, the less you desire sex (apparently).

To fill your jing up, you must be still & conserve it. And then practice this for a long time until it's full.

But it is simply not something that you accomplish immediately with some mind-driven "pop Tao" technique.

About that last statement....??? The longer I retain, I assume the more Jing I have, due to the fact that I'm not using it up to make more sexual fliuds, yet the longer I retain the stronger my drive becomes.

About that last statement....??? The longer I retain, I assume the more Jing I have, due to the fact that I'm not using it up to make more sexual fliuds, yet the longer I retain the stronger my drive becomes.
You are probably not cultivating enough or properly then? How long are you meditating in stillness per day?

Retention without adequate cultivation simply results in sexual frustration - as your prenatal jing is still being converted into postnatal jing (from arousing thoughts) - which then only wants to leak out in sexual fluid. The more you build up postnatal jing, the hornier you will become. Hence, you must disengage your mind and cleanse your heart of passion when you meditate - to prevent mental arousal (and the resultant sexual cascade) to begin with.

Yaaa, no one said this was easy... :lol:

(But, I am no teacher and this is simply my current understanding. Just throwing it out there - you still be your own judge.)

Edited by vortex

You are probably not cultivating enough or properly then? How long are you meditating in stillness per day?

Retention without adequate cultivation simply results in sexual frustration - as your prenatal jing is still being converted into postnatal jing (from arousing thoughts) - which then only wants to leak out in sexual fluid. The more you build up postnatal jing, the hornier you will become. Hence, you must disengage your mind and cleanse your heart of passion when you meditate - to prevent mental arousal (and the resultant sexual cascade) to begin with.

Yaaa, no one said this was easy... :lol:

(But, I am no teacher and this is simply my current understanding. Just throwing it out there - you still be your own judge.)

Well here is my daily routine more or less. 8 Brocades (20 min) Standing meditation (15 min) Inner smile (20 min) Stillness / Dan Tien breathing (15 min). So I'm not sure if I should be doing one of those more or less?

It seems like a catch 22 though. Its much easier to sit in stillness when I have not reatined too long, and then as time goes by its harder to do that.

Drew told me a good thing to do was sit in full lotus, but its hard for me to do that very long for now. So are you saying that just sitting in stillness meditation will do the trick as well?

Edited by dmattwads

Ok DO NOT do the Big Draw and leave the energy in your head overnight!!! Last night I did the Big Draw and left most of the energy in my head. Today all I could think about was sex, even though I did not have much desire. It was like it was all in my head litterally. I just spent the last hour drawing the energy down to my middle dan tien and the thoughts are slowing down.

Ok DO NOT do the Big Draw and leave the energy in your head overnight!!!

Guess they why they say that in the instructions! :lol:

Sorry & I should laugh at myself too as I often do stuff and then realize "Oh. So that's why they say not to do that" Lesson learned :)

and that's why most people have huge problems with retention. Along with L1's article check out http://www.alchemicaltaoism.com/ and this thread whistle blowing on breathing in the genitals

Guess they why they say that in the instructions! :lol:

Sorry & I should laugh at myself too as I often do stuff and then realize "Oh. So that's why they say not to do that" Lesson learned :)

and that's why most people have huge problems with retention. Along with L1's article check out http://www.alchemicaltaoism.com/ and this thread whistle blowing on breathing in the genitals

Ehm..

Sexual cultivation doesn't end with retaining. You'll retain until you pop. :)

The problem with most sexual exercices is that they make you more conscious of your "retention" and sexual energy in general which can stimulate it insead of calming and refining it. It is clear that many young and beginning practitioners are experiencing this, in fact I was introduced to Taois practices through Chia style sex kung fu. Sex sells :D

I think if you really want to harbor the seed for healing purposes then just do full lotus even if it hurts and practice calming the mind and transmuting sexual thoughts into compassion and love.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

Sign in to follow this