TheWhiteRabbit

Everything Is Acceptable Because it is Tao

I created this topic not to cause a stir but thought everyone might enjoy talking about it. I try to create interesting posts that people can think about sometimes but it presents a unique and bizzare conundrum. (yes now the people who dont like conundrums can stop reading the post because we know you dont like them).

Rather than to persuade people, most of the time when I create a new post it is rather a testing of the water for me. A chance to pick the brains of the readers and get a satisfying response based upon peoples experience with given situations.

Everything should be acceptable because it is Tao, yet some do not like all things.

This could really apply to thoughts, things we watch or hear. A bear charging us might also be something we dont like.

Interactions with things, feelings or thoughts generally tend to make an imprint on one's conciousness.

Lets say Bob watches a horror movie. Now personally he doesnt like horror movies, but I watch it any way.

Later lets say Bob talks to his spirit guides a year later and because he has a photographic memory they play back a picture from the movie that is disturbing in an effort to communicate with Bob. Now of course the message only has meaning for bob, and may mean to communicate being disturbed by something. Communications are always different.

So the question is, can thoughts be detrimental also? I know feelings can.

I know my post seems vague, but I am confident that you will understand once it begins to be discussed.

Pink Light

Everything should be acceptable because it is Tao ...

Well, of course, however, I would exchange the word "acceptable" with "acknowledged".

So the question is, can thoughts be detrimental also? I know feelings can.

Of course they can be. Constant negative thoughts will lead us to see things in a negative manner - always looking for "what's wrong". Can't be very happy that way.

Pink Light

Peace & Love!

I sometimes look at things this way:

If you took a far-off view of the world without being able to hear your thoughts (or interpreting anyone else's) what would you see? I see a bunch of animals, plants, people being born, living, eating, defecating, fighting, sun rising, clouds forming, rain falling, sun setting (if you go far enough out it doesn't even set). I find this very easy to acknowledge. It's when I go into my thoughts about any of this that the trouble starts. How much trouble this ends up being is variable, especially since my thoughts about it can cause me to take action - or maybe they don't. :ninja:

I didnt learn much at school at all. I dont have a brain for such stuff. But one thing I remember was being shown sedimentary rock.

All those LAYERS!

I recognised it. It's me, it's you, it's the way of things..

We mind things at one layer of our being and not at another layer.

The skill of being fully human not only within your soul and psyche but also in society is to know as many of your layers as possible and to be able to cycle through them as and where appropriate.

I dont watch anything I dont want to live with, anything that I know cant generate positive feelings in me. At the same time I have done gruesome death meditations to inure me against attachment to my body.

A horror move would be addressing a different layer of my rock, than a meditation. How would it be if I watched the horror movie in a state of meditation, as a training to my shen to resist disturbance..

Everyone had great points. I had some type of histamine type reaction while moving. So i am hoping not to end up looking like vader or something.

I would like to keep this going but right now I need to keep my strength up by meditating. So this is a bump.

Ad infintium, What cat mentioned with the tibetan meditations or stillness type exercises or non positive things and what marblehead said "what's wrong". Can't be very happy that way. Continue on these lines very good...

I will be back. hopefully without filters.

Pink Light

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Do What Thou Wilt

Shall Be The Whole Of The Law

Love Is The Law

Love Under Will

...or sumpthin like that...

I sometimes look at things this way:

If you took a far-off view of the world without being able to hear your thoughts (or interpreting anyone else's) what would you see? I see a bunch of animals, plants, people being born, living, eating, defecating, fighting, sun rising, clouds forming, rain falling, sun setting (if you go far enough out it doesn't even set). I find this very easy to acknowledge. It's when I go into my thoughts about any of this that the trouble starts. How much trouble this ends up being is variable, especially since my thoughts about it can cause me to take action - or maybe they don't. :ninja:

The intellect clouds the tao...I see it merely as a tool to survive/means of income. Alot of great minds died bitter men, because they dwelled in the intellect far too long and needed everything to have some sort of rational. The majority of componets that make up the intellect are our own meaningless manifestations ex: cocept of time/date,language,etc.. are all things we created but are not pre-concieved to believe as real..they are learnt behaviors.

The intellect clouds the tao...I see it merely as a tool to survive/means of income. Alot of great minds died bitter men, because they dwelled in the intellect far too long and needed everything to have some sort of rational. The majority of componets that make up the intellect are our own meaningless manifestations ex: cocept of time/date,language,etc.. are all things we created but are not pre-concieved to believe as real..they are learnt behaviors.

Oh, WoW! Your post brought a wierd thought to my mind.

My beloved Nietzsche! Though an intellect, knew that we are supposed to dance now and then. So he danced. He danced with a partner. She gave him syphilis and he rotted to death from the inside out. Sometimes we just can't win.

Peace & Love!

Oh, WoW! Your post brought a wierd thought to my mind.

My beloved Nietzsche! Though an intellect, knew that we are supposed to dance now and then. So he danced. He danced with a partner. She gave him syphilis and he rotted to death from the inside out. Sometimes we just can't win.

Peace & Love!

What dance was this that gives you a social disease? Jitterbug?

The OP question keeps going round in my head. Its a good one. Is disease Tao? Hmmm ...

Ha ha! good one marblehead!

What dance was this that gives you a social disease? Jitterbug?

The OP question keeps going round in my head. Its a good one. Is disease Tao? Hmmm ...

Jitterbug... I guess it is kind of a swing dance.

Is disease Tao? Hmmm ...

Yep. Disease is Tao too. But it is also suggested in Taoist Philosophy that we should try to prevent it and cure it if possible.

Well, come on you guys. You know what I mean when I refer to dancing. Do I need to specify that he had sex with a prostitute?

BTW They waltzed back in his day.

Peace & Love!

The hokey-pokey, sort of...

Dancing cheek to cheek? When they had finished she was so impressed she gave him a big clap. (the jokes are endless).:lol:

Yep. Disease is Tao too. But it is also suggested in Taoist Philosophy that we should try to prevent it and cure it if possible.

I suppose its important to remember that while Tao is expressed in nature that not all natural things are harmonious to a person.

Ah yes, I was Jesting. Jitterbug is a Swing dance.. Swingers.. Swinging ha ha :lol:

Dancing cheek to cheek? When they had finished she was so impressed she gave him a big clap. (the jokes are endless).:lol:

After she gave him "the clap", he said well I try to stay away from dairy products.

:lol: the jokes are endless.

I suppose its important to remember that while Tao is expressed in nature that not all natural things are harmonious to a person.

Hmmm a hurricane might be non harmonious to some. Maybe more harmonious to a hotel owner who makes money on refugees fleeing an evacuation area. :unsure:

Well stated but even so, I would suggest that it is an understatement.

Peace & Love!