shen=spirit? Spirit body? yea we all have one :) Perhaps you're talking about an immortal body?

there are many methods out there to cultivate immortality based on many theories. I'll list a few that i've heard of...

Falun Dafa- the only qigong i've heard that actually makes claims to PHYSICAL immortality, body transformtion. It claims that your cells get replaced with high energy matter thus "transcending the 5 elements". Of course by this theory your body would then be able to run on qigong practice and one wouldn't need food...but anyway the "teacher" of that qigong talks about cultivating the immortal fetus, which is a strong theme is daoism and i'm pretty sure there's a school thats strictly about that. But this school claims to stop aging.

Kunlun?- Kunlun (as taught by Max) talks about activating the "bliss body", Golden Dragon body which he says is similar to the Tibetan returnable rainbow body. Apparently your body becomes lighter and lighter, less and less dense, until eventually you become transparent/translucent and can turn you body from energy into matter. I'm not sure if that state is resistant to againg or immortal, noone's answered that for me...i'll make a thread.

Mo Pai and other "hermit" schools- Again this is development of the immortal fetus. Mo Pai is known to be like this however it doesn't seem to be physical immortality. The main teacher of this school, John Chang, claims to communicate with his long dead teacher who apparently is an immortal spirit. This goes by a theory. When you die your yin body remains but your yang essence (consciousness) goes to a new body. So you Yin body has all of your memories and such but it's not conscious. By gathering Yang chi in your lower dan tien then merging it with Yin chi one apparently allows themself to transfer their consciousness into their spirit body and remain conscious after death. I don't know if thats really a good thing or not as i'm not sure what it's like, it's never been described.

Tibetan Rainbow Body- http://tibetanbuddhism.tribe.net/thread/c9ef560a-2cd6-46df-9c21-82747fbb59f8 theres a good discussion about it. It's apparently when one fuses their body into light. When they "die" they leave behind fingernails, toenails and hair as the rest of their body becomes pure light. It doesn't say anything about "returnable" like Kunluners state, but it's none the less a powerful concept.

Breaking the cycle of rebirth- This is a concept that has to do with immortality. Anything that breaks the cycle of rebirth will lead to immortality for you wont have to suffer reincarnation again. there are MANY ways that claim to do this. Many of the yogas have this goal. Kriya Yoga i think is the one most concerned with this? Sungazing is claimed to lead to breaking the cycle of rebirth, so is the 'Light and Sound" meditation. Basically anything that pays off your karma. Fasting, service, tolerance, compassion, mental endurance, developing moral charactor, etc. It's said then that when you die you'll be given an immortal body so that your learning can continue in the higher realms. Most of the above practices are for achieving that in this lifetime and bringing transcendentalism to this plane. According to this theory the "soul" must be "purified" by experiencing life and paying off it's karmic debts, thus is it has any debts to repay upon death then it will reincarnate so it can pay off those debts.

Anyway thats all I can think of atm, hopefully that'll spur sum thought

-Astral

i would like for someone to tell me ways to conserve energy in the body to created another body or shen body

Find out who you truly are first, the rest will take care of itself.

i would like for someone to tell me ways to conserve energy in the body to created another body or shen body

You are asking for how to build a house starting from the roof. Very funny.

I would suggest you learning how to meditate first.

I would suggest you learning how to meditate first.

i meditate but i meditate in full lotus but the problem is after 10 minutes my body and my spine become very hot and i stop what could this be

i meditate but i meditate in full lotus but the problem is after 10 minutes my body and my spine become very hot and i stop what could this be

Filling your lower dan tien. Thats what it sounds like to me. Thats what one experiences in Kunlun and perhaps Mo Pai. Stick with the heat. Of course it's a good idea to change your diet to "cool' foods like fresh fruits and raw veggies and LOTS of pure water. May want to take sum cold showers too :)

No he has a goal and he's looking for a method to achieve it. If one simply starts meditating because it's fun and "hip" without knowing what it does or wat u want out of it, you're asking for trouble. He has a blueprint for a house, he's asking for the materials.

Well, I was thinking (got to stop that :lol: ) that:

- "reincarnation" is going on all the time in the body/mind

- "karma" (as in "effects with causes") is "stored" everywhere in the body/mind and is held there - even at cell-level

- as new cells are born, they "plug in" to the existing body/mind (including the "karma" that has not yet been purged)- Or maybe just are shaped by what's already there...

- cell-death involves a cell reaching the point of no-return damage and killing itself (to avoid becoming anything nasty like cancer)

- get enough cell-death and you age the organ, enough of this and you can lead yourself to death

So at least in my badly considered theory, if you can remove "karma" before the following incarnation then you can affect several things about how the body/mind forms and maintains itself during your lifetime.

As for speeding up all of your vibrations (which I think is what John Chang referred to) I can't comment aside from "it makes sense" that if he's able to hack a table with a pencil then he's got to some level which allows him to play with the gaps in matter.

Blocked meridians, dirty internal organs, karma, lack of practice. Make sure you also practice walking meditation at the same time as you sit, in equal parts. Check my signature for more info. Good luck.

The Buddhist way :

In fact, mostly it does not talk about conserving any kind of energy ( as those mentioned as jing or qi in Taoism ) although clearly it targets at accomplishing an shen-typed body by some pure spiritual methods.For example, asking " who really I am " is one of those Buddhist ways. Unfortunately from there hardly can you achieve a separated shen-type of body , the best that most gifted practitioners can achieve , by adopting that method , is a yin-type of spirit, which despite its capable of leaving the physical body freely , is not free from re-incarnation,let alone talking about gettng close to the Great Way.

The Taoist ways :

I)By accumulating your jing and qi ( " post-heavenly type") , as most prevailing qi gong exercises that are being taught, you get a healthy body . However, this kind of low-quality qi definitly can't make you nourish a separated shen-type body . That is , immotality or any initial level of immortality is impossible if you only practice Taijiquan, or whatsover ways of deliberately circulating qi around your body or visualization of whatsover stuff for tens of years...

Better

II)Initializing the deeply hidden yang-typed jing (陽精) in your body , you can start to achieve a Taost typed shen .And,it is said that whoever can keep this type of "jing "( "asexual" because it is thing at a higher level , for both sexes ) in his/her body , immortality can be achieved . As a Taoist saying tells :

"留得陽精, 个个長生"

Having your mind nourished by this yang-jing , you gradually find a pop-up / detachment of yourself from your body ; however, it is still some kind of yin-typed shen (陰神) that should not be admired . Only by further refining it by pre-heavenly qi outside , can we talk about nourishing a fetos ,the yang-shen, an entity that really can free us from Reincarnation .

So, the ability of detaining the yang-jing is crucial: In case of female, she has to "slash the red dragon" ; in case of male : " taming the white tiger";

Edited by exorcist_1699

The Buddhist way :

The Taoist ways :

The real way:

Many lifetimes of practice.

Learn and grow each time until you reach the end goal. The purification process is slow and painful. Nothing is easy in this business, otherwise there would be countless Buddhas walking the Earth.

In the meantime, enjoy the ride. :)

The Buddhist way :

In fact, mostly it does not talk about conserving any kind of energy ( as those mentioned as jing or qi in Taoism ) although clearly it targets at accomplishing an shen-typed body by some pure spiritual methods.For example, asking " who really I am " is one of those Buddhist ways. Unfortunately from there hardly can you achieve a separated shen-type of body , the best that most gifted practitioners can achieve , by adopting that method , is a yin-type of spirit, which despite its capable of leaving the physical body freely , is not free from re-incarnation,let alone talking about gettng close to the Great Way.

Buddhism is based on not being reincarnated....ending the cycle :blink:

The Buddhist way :

Becoming a spirit has nothing to do with Buddhism. Ghosts belong to the 3 lower realms in Buddhism and we by all means want to avoid such a rebirth.

Buddhism aims to quit the cycle of rebirth. We do not want a shen type of body either, because such an existence is still trapped in samsara.

Edited by xabir2005