betwixter

Swamp People

If you want to see a true 'American' culture that still lives in a relative harmonious relationship with its environment, check out Swamp People on the History Channel. Granted, as most humans, they have to attempt to 'subjugate' their environment to a degree, but regardless, the population is kept low enough to be sustainable (granted, the region's innate harshness sees to that) and they do/survive with the minimal amount it takes to exist more or less comfortably (at least as much as the show portrays)...I don't care that people tend to judge them as bumpkins, as they have an instinct that the rest of us could benefit from rekindling; including the so called taoists...I had to throw that in there so this thread seem pertinent to the forum :D.

you gota link?

Strange. I am at this very moment listening to Swamp Music. That is, Cajun/French Zydeco music.

And yes, I have spent some time with them out in South Louisiana. They are 'real' people.

Peace & Love!

Yeah, that was a good cover of the song.

Actually, the song was written for the banjo lead and the mandolin. You don't hear it that way very often because it takes a really good mandolin player to keep up with the banjo.

Peace & Love!