Gerard

Delete message feature

If we give members delete message it will work exactly how it does in the personal practice sections.

I.e. it will allow you to delete ANY message.

While that would be fun.... for a day or so, we would probably end up with a silent forum :lol:

So the only way to "delete" is to re-edit your own post to empty.

:)

...So the only way to "delete" is to re-edit your own post to empty.

Is this positive? I mean, no need to edit with for example typing "."

Check it out hidden text! LOL

Just a thought. Maybe have a special string filter like '...' or 'emt' if you want to delete a post- then in the sql statement for displaying thread add "where post_content != "special text string here". Then if a poster wants their post to not display they can change the post to the special string. This would at least filter out the display of posts like torus's or like Winpro use to do.

Just a thought.

Why not give a member a message when you decide to delete everything they ever wrote in their privat discussion thread?

I don't hate to see it gone. In fact it felt clean. It's just the disrespect of not telling a member before you do. Surprisingly brutal :)

Why not give a member a message when you decide to delete everything they ever wrote in their privat discussion thread?

I don't hate to see it gone. In fact it felt clean. It's just the disrespect of not telling a member before you do. Surprisingly brutal :)

Rain,

I am puzzled by this and am sure it is a mistake of some kind. I don't think any of us delete or edit personal practice - in fact its a self edit area. I can't think of a reason why anyone would do this.

A.

Rain,

I am puzzled by this and am sure it is a mistake of some kind. I don't think any of us delete or edit personal practice - in fact its a self edit area. I can't think of a reason why anyone would do this.

A.

:) thaks for your help Apech