ronko

waking up shaking - concerned

For the last month or so i have been woken up by my body shaking , almost spasm like.

I thought without any worry that it was blockages clearing whilst the rational mind was out of the way

but i must admit i am getting alittle concerned now.

I was practising kunlun so i am assuming the whole shaking thing is linked

but i was shaking , albeit alot gentler before i started the kunkun practise

so abit puzzled.

Has anyone experienced this or know about this

any info would be greatly appreciated

Sometimes shaking is energy trying to pass a blockage. If you smile really big and look upwards for a moment, it should help.

But you say this was going on before you started practicing? If you feel that it's necessary you should consult with a doctor.

For the last month or so i have been woken up by my body shaking , almost spasm like.

See a doctor.

Hi Scotty

it was happening before i began kunlun but i was still practising energy work ,

i have woke up with various things happening at different points in my practise,

last year i would wake up and my right hand would be gently stroking my brow

or a certain spot on my chest ,

as soon as i fully awoke my hand would stop.

Yeah the body can do really weird things when you're in and out of consciousness. It's a normal part of the process.

It's hard to tell what's really happening from what you're saying on this forum, so "see a doctor" should be the default answer when someone says they wake up shaking.

Yes - shaking happens when your blockages are getting cleared... this often happens at night when your mind is out of the way. If your doctor says there's nothing, then no need to worry - you're cultivating at night!

last year i would wake up and my right hand would be gently stroking my brow

or a certain spot on my chest ,

as soon as i fully awoke my hand would stop.

I agree that you should check it out with a professional. In my opinion, based on limited information, it's energy related.

i kinda feel like i have invited it in to my life in a way,

i have been getting into the whole brad keeney bushmen and seiki type of practice

where you let the energy take you and let it do what it needs to ,

that and the fact it never happens when i am conscious

so thats why i havent went to the docs so far ,

but today it has kinda crept in to a what if scenario ,

"Kinda"!? "in a way"!? :lol:

It sounds like you've chosen a path, and you're now experiencing the (common) effects of it.

Remember that the mind likes to throw up doubts and concerns when it feels like it's losing its (illusion of) control.

It's good to check with a doctor even if it's just to set your mind at ease.

i have been getting into the whole brad keeney bushmen and seiki type of practice

where you let the energy take you and let it do what it needs to ,

that and the fact it never happens when i am conscious

so thats why i havent went to the docs so far ,

but today it has kinda crept in to a what if scenario ,

Problem is you could have a neurological condition or a brain tumor. I don't really know. I don't want to go off the deep end here - and what you have is likely minor. But you should get checked out. Then if the doctor doesn't find anything major and just gives you some sedatives or pain killers, I recommend throwing them away and finding a more natural solution. But if there is something serious wrong, the sooner it is diagnosed the better.

Do you engage in any form of physical fitness/exercise? If one partakes in internal energy cultivation but does not keep the body physically fit then stagnant/trapped energy may be trying to escape the body through the unconscious shaking. Other than seeing a doctor, I'd recommend you take up 20-30 minutes of jogging + cardiovascular/muscle work every day until you feel your body needs to rest, perhaps the night shakes will stop.

Do you engage in any form of physical fitness/exercise? If one partakes in internal energy cultivation but does not keep the body physically fit then stagnant/trapped energy may be trying to escape the body through the unconscious shaking. Other than seeing a doctor, I'd recommend you take up 20-30 minutes of jogging + cardiovascular/muscle work every day until you feel your body needs to rest, perhaps the night shakes will stop.

Excellent advice, all of the above...

If thinking about seeing a doctor, how about an MD with an awareness of energy-related practices?

See a doctor. Don't disclose any energy related practices unless you want to go talk to a shrink shortly after seeing your general practitioner. Don't jump to any conclusions that it is energy related because it would suck to find out that what you thought was "blocked energy" was really early stages of Parkinson's or Essential Tremor.

Take the time to rule out all of the negatives.

See a doctor. Don't disclose any energy related practices unless you want to go talk to a shrink shortly after seeing your general practitioner. Don't jump to any conclusions that it is energy related because it would suck to find out that what you thought was "blocked energy" was really early stages of Parkinson's or Essential Tremor.

Take the time to rule out all of the negatives.

Right - therefore an MD with awarenes of energy-related practices, and agreed, listen to his questions...