Sign in to follow this  
neimad

sexual chi-kong

just something interesting i was experimenting with today while i was driving.....

doing the sexual chi-kong breathing as outlined by dr lin, but using the structural breathing from cst.

that is using the muscles of the abdomen (combined with movements of the spine) to dictate the in and out breaths....

in breath - pushing stomach out to pull air down and then rolling that push down towards genitals.

letting that transition easily into a compressive out breath (the wave sucking in the follows the push out) and then on the out breath also pulling up on the anus and sacrum (even using that to aid compression).

it's nice.... and very sustainable, that is can do it indefinately, while doing anything. a real pumping/bellows situation begins to occur. it's just the performance breathing, but taking it lower in the abdomen to include the genitalia.

i see awesome implications of applying this to partnered love-making too...... so much potential

now i just need a partner.

Edited by neimad

add to this experimentation..... i have also been doing a little experimenting using the performance breathing (abdominal muscles driving the breath) with the 4-square breathing from yudeloves book "taoist yoga for better sex life".

nice results from this too.

plus the chi-kong breathing is getting much more efficient with very noticeable waves travelling down my abdomen and then around the pc and up to sacral area.... as i said it's easy to maintain with very little awareness.

also... not really related to the topic, but do you know how to coordinate breathing when walking and running?

I think trying to 'coordinate' breathing with something is always a bad idea. It's contrived. I think the key is find a way to 'use' the breath to enhance the movement--for example in Taichi, you use the breath in the cycles of store/release, same with yoga, you use the breath to enhance the movement. You never want to force an inhale and exhale to match a movement. I think that's the idea behind many of the 'breathe naturally' instructions..

anyway, my two cents..

T

I think trying to 'coordinate' breathing with something is always a bad idea. It's contrived. I think the key is find a way to 'use' the breath to enhance the movement--for example in Taichi, you use the breath in the cycles of store/release, same with yoga, you use the breath to enhance the movement. You never want to force an inhale and exhale to match a movement. I think that's the idea behind many of the 'breathe naturally' instructions..

anyway, my two cents..

T

perhaps i misunderstand this, but i disagree with some of it.

from my studies into RMAX and performance breathing..... the breath doesn't enhance the movement, the breath and movement are interrelated. breath happens BECAUSE OF the movement and structure. movement happens because of breath and structure. structure happens because of breath and movement. it's impossible, when performing at an efficient level, to seperate any of these three.

i do agree that we don't force inhalations or exhalations to match the movements.... it just happens, as above.

however this does need conscious awareness to retrain the breath to do this, as years of counter conditioning has caused us to lose the ability to truly breathe efficiently.

in running or walking, again the movement and structure are interrelated with the breath. compression for exhalation leading into a naturally occuring inhalation upon expansion.

you can do this in any number of ways. pick a stride when running.... perhaps every fourth step, compress on this step.... then on the next 4 steps the body is slowly returning to it's upright position and inhalation is occuring.

it's really very good way of running, and enables the ability to run much further without ever getting puffed.

however the running itself has to be natural, and i believe RMAX are going to produce a dvd on this shortly, covering all the gears of locomotion.

i have the video on slavic running, which deals only with second gear (trotting) and is very nice and simple, but very efficient.

i believe performance breathing to be applicable to absolutely any activity, including qi gong, yoga, tai-chi, etc. to integrate the breath with the movement and structure is to attain flow state.

this is why i have been experimenting with qi gong style activities to see how it fits in, and i'm not suprised to find it fits perfectly......

pick any activity, insert performance breathing.... and notice how much more efficient and easy it becomes.

perhaps i misunderstand this, but i disagree with some of it.

from my studies into RMAX and performance breathing..... the breath doesn't enhance the movement, the breath and movement are interrelated. breath happens BECAUSE OF the movement and structure. movement happens because of breath and structure. structure happens because of breath and movement. it's impossible, when performing at an efficient level, to seperate any of these three.

i do agree that we don't force inhalations or exhalations to match the movements.... it just happens, as above.

excellent point. also regarding breath training another huge factor is simply releasing restrictions..a 'taoist' approach of daily decrease rather than increase..

T

Sign in to follow this