Mokona

Yoga Nidra

If you may, thoughts and comments on these experiences would be greatly appreciated, please stop by and throw in your two pence so that I will perhaps better understand what is going on here.

During the end of my practice of Yoga Nidra, when I am only keeping awareness on the silence in my chest I noticed a scrunching feeling, as though conciousness was sucking into that spot(I felt as though I was entering into the space or shrinking), along with some blurry imagery that couldn't be made out. Anyhow, my entire body became fuzzy, as if static electricity was filling up my pores. It was most intense in the palms, BTW.

Anyhow, then began a feeling akin to peeling a banana or movement from the physical mass of the body into the space above me. As the feeling increase another feeling, as if I was being raised up occured, and an image started to appear in my mind's eye. Foolishly I opened my eyes at this moment to "get a better look" and lost the image and the sensations started to fade. My legs felt very cool after this experience and a pleasant tingle was intermittantly moving in my body.

It reminds me of last week, after meditating at the end of the day I went to bed and almost the exact same experience happened, but without imagery and the "lifting" sensations started while I was half-asleep and in this dream "running" towards a door.

There is a tendency for the min to become exicited during experiences like this, and I have enough lucidity to repeat the mantra "I'm not afraid" since these things are often sudden and fairly freaky at times.

Thanks everyone.

It is possible, when deep enough in meditation and enough energy accumulated, to transfer consciousness completely to a chakra; this is seen in the Mo Pai with the lower dan tian; such as in the third level in particular, when consciousness is fully rooted in the dan tian it must be manipulated to pierce the ming men and then "cut" (but actually a type of 'disintrigation', but paradoxically really a merging) and dissolve-merge the karmic cords/bonds holding the dan tian by moving as if on a rail along the energetic cords; point being one must be in complete paradoxical concentrated/emptiness consciousness of the dan tian chakra to accomplish such a feat. You may have transferred your consciousness to the heart chakra.

Don't become attached to experiences.

Edited by fizix

If you may, thoughts and comments on these experiences would be greatly appreciated, please stop by and throw in your two pence so that I will perhaps better understand what is going on here.

During the end of my practice of Yoga Nidra, when I am only keeping awareness on the silence in my chest I noticed a scrunching feeling, as though conciousness was sucking into that spot(I felt as though I was entering into the space or shrinking), along with some blurry imagery that couldn't be made out. Anyhow, my entire body became fuzzy, as if static electricity was filling up my pores. It was most intense in the palms, BTW.

Anyhow, then began a feeling akin to peeling a banana or movement from the physical mass of the body into the space above me. As the feeling increase another feeling, as if I was being raised up occured, and an image started to appear in my mind's eye. Foolishly I opened my eyes at this moment to "get a better look" and lost the image and the sensations started to fade. My legs felt very cool after this experience and a pleasant tingle was intermittantly moving in my body.

It reminds me of last week, after meditating at the end of the day I went to bed and almost the exact same experience happened, but without imagery and the "lifting" sensations started while I was half-asleep and in this dream "running" towards a door.

There is a tendency for the min to become exicited during experiences like this, and I have enough lucidity to repeat the mantra "I'm not afraid" since these things are often sudden and fairly freaky at times.

Thanks everyone.

I used to read a lot about Out of Body Experiences (OBE's) and this sounds a lot like it. I've never been able to make up my mind what these people were actually experiencing, but John Monroe wrote a number of books I still look at occasionally.

I suspect this is probably what could be considered a subtle body experience. The feeling of static electricity and tingling are typical experiences of this. Since the subtle body is perceived differently than the physical body, as the awareness shifts from one to another, there is both a feeling of movement, as well as a shift in where you perceive you are. The subtle body also relates to the dream level and hence the feeling of movement, traveling, etc can be fairly dramatic, so don't be surprised if you have some interesting experiences.

However, as fizit says, don't get attached to this (as in stuck) as it is simply part of the trip from the subtle to causal, to non-dual. All levels have potentially infinite stuff to explore and do, hence the tendency to get stuck at one level if you're not aware of what's up. Sort of like a psychic video game, only better effects.

Good luck and have fun.

It sounds as though this sort of transfer would have beneficial effects on the energy-body. Or even bring the practictioner some proficiency in working with the chakras directly.

Thank you for the warning, although I will definetly have to use the experience to help me relate what is going on or to help me direct future sessions. Maybe next time I can go for the lower Dan Tian then? :)

Supposedly putting out information on doing such things has some sort of real use in cultivation so it will be fun to see if moving conciousness in that matter really makes a difference in my energy and everyday life.

Thanks!

Edit for reply to WallaMike:

Thanks bro, I want to keep my expectations of what might happen at zip and zero so anything can happen. I enjoy experiences and it normally proves that "something" is happening which just acts as an indicator of progress I think. Hopefully I can find one single HOUR of quiet time in my room where my roomates don't disturb me as I meditate.

Thanks for the info - It does remind me of what I have read about OBE as well, but I rarely see indications of what an OBE has to do with energy cultivation or chi - and I wish I knew more.

Edited by Mokona

It is possible, when deep enough in meditation and enough energy accumulated, to transfer consciousness completely to a chakra; this is seen in the Mo Pai with the lower dan tian; such as in the third level in particular, when consciousness is fully rooted in the dan tian it must be manipulated to pierce the ming men and then "cut" (but actually a type of 'disintrigation', but paradoxically really a merging) and dissolve-merge the karmic cords/bonds holding the dan tian by moving as if on a rail along the energetic cords; point being one must be in complete paradoxical concentrated/emptiness consciousness of the dan tian chakra to accomplish such a feat. You may have transferred your consciousness to the heart chakra.

Don't become attached to experiences.

Hmm, very interesting. Kosta Danaos talked about time passing by quickly and hearing a thundering sound when his awareness shifted down into his dantian...

Have you done this yourself?

Edited by vortex

Thanks everyone.

MoKona,

Raja yoga at the entrence level is a 6 year old driving a car alone.

I will not teach a person that I am not very-very-very familiar with.

That's fine.

MoKona,

Raja yoga at the entrence level is a 6 year old driving a car alone.

I will not teach a person that I am not very-very-very familiar with.

Although, if this is the case why post at all? Are you insinuating that you may teach me something useful if you come to know me? :P

Well, I've been meditating since my late teens, and have had much experience with a few higher level entities and divine humor. :wub: Although the love part was the best. I just wish to more fully fin the personal power and freedom to explore the spiritual realities, so that I may gain insight into *How all this works* and learn more about myself as a human and spiritual being. I'm an explorer and experimentor, a husband and a deployed Sailor. My intellectual understanding of spiritual matters is small compared to the experiences i've been through, but only becuase I take the bare amount needed to work a technique and throw away any useless information I come across as I find that I need very flexable beliefs (or beliefs that may be thrown away) to work in such an interesting and very needed field!

My first goal is to heal myself of pysche issues and balance my energy and mind. I don't mind going down the less traveled routes though, it is enjoyable to experiment and learn new ways, or even to blaze my own.

- Peace!

That's fine.

Although, if this is the case why post at all? Are you insinuating that you may teach me something useful if you come to know me? :P

Well, I've been meditating since my late teens, and have had much experience with a few higher level entities and divine humor. :wub: Although the love part was the best. I just wish to more fully fin the personal power and freedom to explore the spiritual realities, so that I may gain insight into *How all this works* and learn more about myself as a human and spiritual being. I'm an explorer and experimentor, a husband and a deployed Sailor. My intellectual understanding of spiritual matters is small compared to the experiences i've been through, but only becuase I take the bare amount needed to work a technique and throw away any useless information I come across as I find that I need very flexable beliefs (or beliefs that may be thrown away) to work in such an interesting and very needed field!

My first goal is to heal myself of pysche issues and balance my energy and mind. I don't mind going down the less traveled routes though, it is enjoyable to experiment and learn new ways, or even to blaze my own.

- Peace!

"Although, if this is the case why post at all? Are you insinuating that you may teach me something useful if you come to know me?"

If you are a sailor, with any length of experience, you know how to controll your emotions in the face of what 'may' happen. This is what is needed to begin learning.

Edited by ~jK~

no. I'm in China with no intention of traveling.

Although - I did point the way in an effort to see how clear your vision was.

If you are in Hawaii, as your posting name partialy points to, there is are teachers, familiar with the process, that I've met, about 3 years ago, at the state library on Oahu. The total exercise is named 'Savasana'

If you are a sailor, with any length of experience, you know how to controll your emotions in the face of what 'may' happen. This is what is needed to begin learning.

I've sailed through 2 huricanes and a waterspout on East Coast USA, Singlehandedly circumnavigated Oahu twice, and sailed the East coast of USA.

I completed the Savasana when I was 17 and have practiced it for over 20 years.

This is also why Carl Jung became obsessed with studying dreams after he read 'The Secret of the Golden Flower'.

You will need to confront your dreams and analyze them untill you understand them whereas at that point they will no longer return. You will be in controll of your mind and be free of xxxxx etc.

Dreams are our mind's language it uses in an effort to use the subconscious minds methods of trying to understand conscious realities.

The process takes a between 100 days and 6 months to complete.

The completed process will heal yourself of pysche issues and balance your energy and mind. It will free you to become your true self as well as to know yourself.

If you can continue - e-mail me.

I hope your enjoying China.

**'Savasana'**

**'The Secret of the Golden Flower'**

**You will need to confront your dreams and analyze them untill you understand them whereas at that point they will no longer return. **

(Dreams are our mind's language it uses in an effort to use the subconscious minds methods of trying to understand conscious realities.

It takes a between 100 days and 6 months to complete.)

The completed process will heal yourself of pysche issues and balance your energy and mind. It will free you to become your true self as well as to know yourself.

I will continue to email you. I am not in Hawaii but if possible will search for teachers of Savasana in the states and will also look into the Golden Flower.

Thank you very much for the help.

Are nightmares probably the most information filled dreams that a person can confront? I would think that any dream that inspires fear or depression would be a good place to start if I want to understand.

You may not be able to travel but you did alot of teaching just now. :) I appreciate it.

It doesn't seem possible to send you PM's, that's alright. I would like to continue this discourse here if you don't mind, but perhaps you have another idea. Please just let me know.

I hope your enjoying China.

**'Savasana'**

**'The Secret of the Golden Flower'**

**You will need to confront your dreams and analyze them untill you understand them whereas at that point they will no longer return. **

(Dreams are our mind's language it uses in an effort to use the subconscious minds methods of trying to understand conscious realities.

It takes a between 100 days and 6 months to complete.)

I will continue to email you. I am not in Hawaii but if possible will search for teachers of Savasana in the states and will also look into the Golden Flower.

Thank you very much for the help.

Are nightmares probably the most information filled dreams that a person can confront? I would think that any dream that inspires fear or depression would be a good place to start if I want to understand.

You may not be able to travel but you did alot of teaching just now. :) I appreciate it.

It doesn't seem possible to send you PM's, that's alright. I would like to continue this discourse here if you don't mind, but perhaps you have another idea. Please just let me know.

Here's an online version of 'The Secret of the Golden Flower' http://www.rexresearch.com/goldflwr/goldflwr.htm

Edited by ~jK~