LBDaoist

Hello everyone

I stumbled across this place while Googling "taoist immortal wudang doorman". As the six degrees of separation would have it, a person I know is acquianted with another individual who by all accounts has advanced very far along the path. He mentioned to her that when the time comes, he could become a "doorman" (that was her translation) at Wudang. Hence the Google search...

It seems that a forum exists for nearly everything on the internet. I am not quite sure what to make of this recent situation / awareness of immortals and their presence here on earth. I have been recovering from a fall I took while snowboarding, and it has been a long painful process. I have been a bit bummed, quite bummed actually, and even scared at times about whether or not I will be able to fully heal. The qigong helps, but for a while I was in so much pain and my mobility so compromised that even qigong was difficult. It took a lot of massage, and accunpuncture, dietary changes, stretching and chiropractic to get the healing process progressing.

The odd thing is, I had been kind of bummed about my practice. Yet as the I-Ching often counsels, change is ever present and the deepest lows often directly preceed new heights. A part of me acknowledges that this awareness, this indirect association with a true healer, exists as some sort of universal acknowledgement that my own journey along the path continues. So that's how I got here. I am looking forward to taking some time to browse the forums and absorb the knowledge that has been shared.

I have a blog that I have occasionally posted some thoughts on.

http://lbdaoist.blogspot.com/

Hello LB:

Please note that under "Taoist Lounge" we have a Healing Circle for people like yourself that have had an injury, etc. Perhaps you could get some more help or advice there, but it sounds like you're already doing a lot anyway and have a relatively good attitude about your injury.

Are you a professional snowboarder and is that why you're concerned about your slow healing or are you just an avid fan and tired of being injured?

You might also consider finding a physical therapist or massage therapist that is talented in craniosacral techniques to help you move along, as they help a lot with getting those releases to normalize movement, range of motion, etc.

Try and look into Falun Dafa.

I can tell you all sorts of incurable diseases have been cured by practicing in Dafa. I suffered severe allergy for 30 years before getting rid of it thanks to Dafa. The practice is tough and one must be very dedicated and believe in it, otherwise it will not work.

Some stories from practitioners who were very sick:

http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/cate-81/

You may start by reading the book Zhuan Falun and see what Dafa is about:

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/books.html

Hello LB:

Please note that under "Taoist Lounge" we have a Healing Circle for people like yourself that have had an injury, etc. Perhaps you could get some more help or advice there, but it sounds like you're already doing a lot anyway and have a relatively good attitude about your injury.

Are you a professional snowboarder and is that why you're concerned about your slow healing or are you just an avid fan and tired of being injured?

You might also consider finding a physical therapist or massage therapist that is talented in craniosacral techniques to help you move along, as they help a lot with getting those releases to normalize movement, range of motion, etc.

Mike,

It was actually my very first (and likely, last) time snowboarding. My girlfriend loves to snowboard so I went up with her. It was my fault. I just fell wrong. I misjudged how soft the snow was going to be and did not break my fall.

Thanks for the suggestion about the Healing Circle. I will hop over there and check it out. As I have been going through this healing process, I have had to reheal a lot of old injuries. At a few times, my imagination got the worst of me and I thought that things were worse than they were... or perhaps more permanent than they have turned out to be.

I am definitely working with a massage therapist who incorporates cranialsacral techniques. The guy is a super star. He has been doing it for close to twenty years. The regular massages have played a very important role in the healing process. I almost want to say that they have played the most important role, but that takes the credit away from everything else. I'm reminded of a saying, "It takes one person to injure another, it takes a community to heal them." For me one of the biggest obsticles I had to overcome was asking for help, and realize that my own practices were not enough to rehabilitate myself.