Maddie

Mundane Reality

Ok here is a long standing dilmea I have had. I have always had a tendency to be interested and drawn to philisophical type topics, untangable type things such as spirituality and energy, the "big picture of life" ect... And as a general trend I have tended to have a rather hard time making money, find the conversations of the vast majority of people rather boring and shallow, and find typical day to day tasks tedious, (as I've noticed the same trends with a lot of other people who have this kind of personality as well), but of course this can be quite problematic for obvious reasons.

A few months ago in order to become more grounded in tangable reality I tried doing standing meditation, and it seemed to help in that area a bit, because doing mundane tasks didn't seem quite as boring, but once my standing practice (holding the ball) got up to about 15 min (from the "way of energy" by Master Lam Kam Chuen) my emotions started to get explosive, so I stopped. After I stopped it seemed two things happened. I got less tempermental, and mundane tasks started to seem more unpleasant again.

From what I have read this seems like a weakness in the root chakra, which is why I did standing meditation (to root). But then why would I become tempermental in trying to deal with it?

When I was at University I saw a lot of people like this, even more so than me. They seemed brilliant about academic and philosophical issues, but when it came to chopping wood and carrying water they had no clue. Why are so many deep thinkers and intelligent people poor? My in laws (besides being kind of annoying) are not what I would call intellectuals, but they are very pragmatic. Most of them run their own contracting business, and all of them make tons of money, and are about as deep as the kiddie pee pool.

So I guess my BIG question is how can one, if they tend to be of the personality that is drawn to the more intangable side of things, still do well in physical reality as well???

So I guess my BIG question is how can one, if they tend to be of the personality that is drawn to the more intangable side of things, still do well in physical reality as well???

Treat life like a video game or simulation. Faced with any task (mundane or not), do it to perfection.

Edited by The Observer

I've definitely been there. In college I got what I call 'top heavy' way too into philosophy. Martial arts helped me. Physical activity helps keep you grounded. Not getting obsessed with any single view point.

I particularly enjoyed Aikido. Not that its the most realistic martial art, but it was physical and hands on.

Michael

A few months ago in order to become more grounded in tangable reality I tried doing standing meditation, and it seemed to help in that area a bit, because doing mundane tasks didn't seem quite as boring, but once my standing practice (holding the ball) got up to about 15 min (from the "way of energy" by Master Lam Kam Chuen) my emotions started to get explosive, so I stopped. After I stopped it seemed two things happened. I got less tempermental, and mundane tasks started to seem more unpleasant again.

From what I have read this seems like a weakness in the root chakra, which is why I did standing meditation (to root). But then why would I become tempermental in trying to deal with it?

What we resist will persist. Your shaving off layers. Try not to think about this chakra or that. Meditate, let the emotions come and Let the anger and temperament come but express and experience the emotion in a healthy way. Explore the depths of it. Its the only way you will get to the bottom of it. Good job though! Getting pissed for no reason is usually awesome development.

Yeah the Buddhist tradition of philosophy was based on population control. So one male of the family becomes a monk and then the monastery is supported by donations from the community or government.

Money is based on monism -- Money used to be complementary opposites -- solar was gold and lunar was silver.

Around 1000 BCE in India -- iron became more valuable than silver -- because iron is used to make weapons.

So the female lunar silver principle was removed -- and patriarchal iron was used along with solar gold.

Now mundane reality is the norm -- even for monasteries -- monks mainly focus on community rituals and education and service.

Meditation is not emphasized -- because of Westernization in the world -- population explosion from Western technology, etc. There is now scarce resources so the monks are now considered a way to help out the unemployed.

Thailand has a crisis of monasteries filled with gangs of unemployed who don't care about Buddhism, etc.

Mundane reality is all people know now -- while there are a few hermit yogis in the mountains of China, Himalayas, etc. who know real spiritual reality.

So Money is based on a mundane reality -- monism goes back to symmetry as geometry -- one to one correspondence of a symbol (money) with physical reality (geometry).

Meditation is based on listening -- the forest cultures were not visually dominant but used listening as the main perception.

Civilization is the spread of desertification as Solar technology -- iron, silica.

I call this "natural resonance racemization" -- I have a blog book on it http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com -- "Deep Disharmony" -- it's just a wild writing style.

Basically philosophy is right brain dominant while mundane reality is left brain dominant.

The left brain is disconnected from the lower body while the right brain processes emotions. If left brain logic uses inference of the I-thought then the focus of the brain switches over to the right brain, which then sublimates the lower body energy to increase the brain power and then the left brain goes back down to the right side of the heart.

So reality is based on complementary opposite resonance while science and mundane reality is based on symmetry -- one to one correspondence -- monism as money.

Money, since the Chinese created paper money, is enforced by the military !! That's what gives money value -- that otherwise the people will have their resources stolen by the military. So the U.S. relies on the military to enforce the value of the U.S. dollar. It's just looting, rape (sex slavery) and pillage, genocide, etc.

Marriage is also based on economics -- between 4 percent and 10 percent of children are not from the father -- the biological father is instead a stud. So the female marries for money and then the female in 1 out of 10 or one out of twenty kids -- the female has slept with a stud male. Why? Because that way the stud kid is raised in money. It makes sense in terms of evolution -- marry into money and then sleep with a stud so that the stud has money.

But where's the love? haha. Modern mundane reality is cut off from love because it's right brain dominant.

This goes back to the difference between chimpanzees and bonobo pygmy primates. We have a common ancestor -- homo sapiens, chimps and bonobos. Humans are a hybrid of chimps and bonobos. The chimps have warfare and the chimps rape the female chimps. The chimps are "practical" -- focused on increasing and protecting territory, providing food for the females and then getting free sex from the females -- the male chimps "own" the females - it's practical but it's not love. The bonobo males have sex all the time but the bonobo males rarely ejaculate!! Male scientists say the bonobo males don't ejaculate because they must maintain their aggressiveness!! This is because modern males don't know the secret of the vagus nerve internal climaxes for males!! haha. So the Bushmen Khoisan humans, the dominant human culture, trained all the men to rarely ejaculate -- and the culture was based on love and healing energy.

So the bonobo culture is the opposite of modern culture -- it's radical and dangerous but it's also the secret to peace and love.

Edited by drewhempel

Interesting answer Drew. I guess what I was wanting to find out is what way is there to be more in the "here and now", cause people are always getting pissed at me saying thats what I need to do, blah blah blah. But perhaps they have a point (at least you start to wonder when like 99% of people around are sort of implying that.

Interesting answer Drew. I guess what I was wanting to find out is what way is there to be more in the "here and now", cause people are always getting pissed at me saying thats what I need to do, blah blah blah. But perhaps they have a point (at least you start to wonder when like 99% of people around are sort of implying that.

Here's mundane reality for you:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/americas-brutal-prisons/

I have noticed that in my life though the people who are most entrenched in mundane reality do remind me of those prison guards and their attitudes.

wow thats messed up, but does mundane reality always have to be evil like that, or can it simply be a matter of having a good income so the family is happy n such?

The empire relies on the bourgeois -- the commodity fetish -- the middle class who chose not to know about the periphery of the empire. The periphery of the empire (prisons, third world countries) are just rape, pillage, plunder, etc. Military might is right according to mundane reality. Is that the truth? Consider Burma -- the nonviolent monk movement for freedom, Tibet -- Ghandi, the civil rights movement in the U.S. The truth is freedom as love -- which transcends spacetime.

Philosophy is very practical -- http://peterkingsley.com figured this out -- he exposed the truth of Pythagorean philosophy and how Western civilization is based on lies. I call this the "Rotten Root" -- http://www.nonduality.com/whatis8.htm

That's my article -- the Rotten Root on meditation and Western civilization.

I don't see the "poor philosopher" role that much in my mundane life. In fact most of the really mundane stuff is IMO philosophy-filled - just ethically empty.

FWIW, and from my small experience, Drew is correct. The extent of it is horrific.

The question remains however WTF do I do??

Adopting a "middle of the road" "ornery" identity is just another way out IMO. You get to avoid being the "real harmful" person as well as getting to be a "victim" under the hoof of the harmful person.

Oh, yeah, watch for the tendency in such folks to criticize the "haves" and "have nots" pretty equally (neither of them "deserve it" and both for eerily similar "reasons" i.e. "they don't work" or not "hard enough". We know that "hard work" doesn't have as much to do with you are in the system as other stuff, hence it's "bait n switchTM" value for all. So, I gotta ask, WTF is everyone getting out of this setup? And that is why I go to work in mundane life, just to understand.

The "big" challenge for me becomes "how do I maintain integrity" and I really have no idea at this point.

The "big" challenge for me becomes "how do I maintain integrity" and I really have no idea at this point.

Stay internally peaceful. Try to shop consciously. Give blessings to the world consciously, offering your merits, even if you feel that you have very few. You don't live in a Favela in Brazil, so... that's merit.

Try to shop consciously.

Seriously?

Ok, now I KNOW some of you guys figure shopping is the answer to everything. Besides, how do you know where or how I live? And why would either of those things have "merit"??

Not sure why but this is a topic that really baffels me, but I have a new insight from my adventure from last night (and yes this does tie into the topic, and I'm also trying to not side track the 3rd eye thread anymore lol)

So yesterday my wife was PMS'ing really bad, and was uber angry. So as I already stated in the 3rd eye thread, I had to end up basically transforming the anger energy for both of us, because it was affecting me as well.

So today I began this mundane reality thread because I felt very ungrounded, worried about material survival, pensive, stressed, ect... Now I'm not saying I have all issues concerning surival in physical reality figured out, but I did have an insight as to my pensiveness about such things today.

As we know the Liver can offend the Spleen in the relationship of the five elements, wood weakens earth. Since yesterday my wife's liver energy went atomic, today I felt that her spleen was in a weakened condition. She was very worried about money, bills, i.e. mundane physical survival issues. Again since I was in close proximity to her I was feeling this too (again probably why I began this thread). So as I pondered this I came to the realization I mentioned above concerning the Spleen. So I began to do the spleen healing sound and inner smile, and sure enough the worry and pensiveness concerning material survival lessened significantly. I suppose another point worth noting is that the spleens element is earth, and the earth element is associated with survival issues, pragmatic reality, ect..

Things like these are making me begin to question how much of the emotional issues I deal with are really mine at all??? I started this road in the 3rd eye thread, and due to the fact that I have been doing full lotus as advised in the 3rd eye thread, I think that these deeper insights to my inner workings might very well be due to the effect full lotus is having on my third eye, in making me more cognisent.

... might very well be due to the effect full lotus is having on my third eye, in making me more cognisent.

Or it might be just the mental attention you are giving the situation?

Peace & Love!

Well I guess the meat of the matter is that I'm sick and tired of always being poor no matter what I do :(

Seriously?

Ok, now I KNOW some of you guys figure shopping is the answer to everything. Besides, how do you know where or how I live? And why would either of those things have "merit"??

Because you are trying to choose your consumer-ship consciously. Other than that, I'm just giving some examples and not judging you at all. I have no idea what you buy when you go into a grocery store. I'm just sharing the ways I try to be in this society where you have choices of what you buy to sustain your own health and well being.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Well I guess the meat of the matter is that I'm sick and tired of always being poor no matter what I do :(

Well, it seems to me that you feel you need some changes in your life.

No, I have no advice for you because I do not have enough basic info to even guess at a suggestion.

So. Define your priorities. Consider what changes need be made in order to attain the higher priorities. Consider the actions you can take in order to effect these changes. Go with your best guess. If that doesn't work try the second best.

I have, a few times in my life, had a problem and I was able to find every 'wrong' way to correct the problem before I finally stumbled upon the 'right' way. Be unafraid of failure. Keep on trying until you get it right.

Peace & Love!

Marbleheads advice is good, but if you've been going that route and still feel frustrated then I'd recommend taking a break. Accept your situation, accept that it might go on for a long time and have strategies to master it, not over come it.

Become excellent at being frugality. Maximize each dollar, become an expert in finding inexpensive ways of enjoying yourself.

With acceptance comes peace, and when its time to hit the next level you'll have fresh perspectives, energy and hope.

my 2 cents

Michael

I suppose the issue is more of second hand stress about money from my wife. She comes from a very large family, and all of her siblings are wealthy. My wife is a very stressed person, and constantly worries about money or the lack there of. We visit her relatives in their large houses, who take vacations constantly, and since this is not the case for us, my wife tends to blame me for our condition, and so does her family. So I guess I get tired of the nagging about what a looser I am because I'm not rich like them.

In addition I try to get my wife to do Qigong or some other practice to deal with stress better, but since her family are all super strict fundimentalist christians, they think that is evil and from the devil ect.. To be fair they seem to think most things are evil (except making lots of money lol). The ironic part is she won't do Qigong cause she thinks its evil and shes always stressing hard. I do qigong and face these things with a much more mellow attiutde than she or her family, go figure.

Hi dmatt, Even when your checkbook register idicates poverty, your most important riches are not attached to dollar signs. Maybe it's time for an inventory of your deepest values. Nurture them without avail.

(FWIW - Your avatar conveys a feeling of power. I don't need to point out that many internal martial artists are powerful and rich beyond anything that money could provide.)

Good luck. :)

My avatar is Lyoto Machida, I'm a big fan, and I also do Karate :-)

Awesome. I bet that is a good stress reliever and that practice instills power within you! :)

I would love to have rich relatives, to visit their plush houses. :P But, if they are shallow/materialistic/judgmental, I would find visits challenging. (Esp. if the TV is on 24/7. :rolleyes:)

It seems that you have found ways to deflect this strong psychic energy of your wife and her family. Good for you. Is there any opportunity that your wife would be up to getting a highfalutin, high paying job? That is, if you don't find any harm to her "bringing home the bacon!" ;)

She does have a job, but its not high paying lol. What she really wants is for me to get a high paying job so she does not have to work. To be honest I'd like this too, but alas it is not the case. I plan on trying to become a Naturopath, but that will take a while yet. And yes the relatives are very shallow/materialistic/judmental, but they don't watch the TV all that often, instead they love to sit around the table and gossip and judge everyone :-). They are they kind of people that think that if you are not rich then you are a moron, because "if we could do it why can't you" (they are immigrants btw) so why can't you stupid American succeed if we did when we came here with nothing blah blah blah.

It seems that you have found ways to deflect this strong psychic energy of your wife and her family.

Hmmmm I had not thought of it that way before, I just thought they were annoying lol, but perhaps thats why I do so much Qigong (which they hate lol) because I tend to feel really crappy around them, and Qigong helps me to uncrapify (is that word?) lol. I mean I had sort of realized their energy was negative, but had not considered it in the way you mentioned it, but after you mentioned that, it does feel a lot like a psychic attack almost everytime I'm around them (they don't like me cause I'm not rich lol). Too bad my wife does not do Qigong, cause if she is only around me for a while, she is much better, but just a little dose of them makes her way more like them. hmmmm

To a certain extent, you may be able to heal your wife with your qigong/IMA practice(s). But, if she is "weirded out" by concepts of energy development and energy healing...well... :rolleyes: ... at least you know. And you can use this knowledge to direct your actions/reactions in the most appropriate manner. A boatload of compassion can help when dealing with others. And yourself too. :)

P.S. If having someone else bring home the paycheck for me means that I can practice more qigong, then I'm all for it! :lol:

LOL I don't get off that easy. We both just moved to Washington state and just both got jobs, thought I have not officially started mine yet, and she just started this week, but until then I sure get a lot of uninterrupted practice time :-). Yea I'm working on the compassion thing lol. ;-)

PS: Just wondering what a good way to deal with difficult people is?

Edited by dmattwads

To a certain extent, you may be able to heal your wife with your qigong/IMA practice

I certainly hope it works this way. I notice my cats love to hang out with me when I do Qigong. Now this is just my opinion, but since modern pets have to eat the same manufactured sort of crap food that we eat, I'm sure it makes their chi less healthy than animals in the wild, so perhaps thats why the cats like it. As far as my wife goes I have noticed that I tend to pick up on her emotions and then they become my problem internally as well, BUT when I use Qigong to deal with the problem then often it seems that not only I feel better but she does too. So yea I hope that my Qigong practice can benefit her as well just by proxy. :D