Sign in to follow this  
Mal

Modern Magick

A revised edition of Modern Magick is to be published in September

51urYGCf4nL._SS500_.jpg

not as familiar as this ;)

Modern%20Magick.jpg

This book was a key component of my path after studying undergraduate psychology. I even asked Mr Kraig some questions via email AND HE ANSWERED BACK! A totally awesome book.

A revised edition of Modern Magick is to be published in September

51urYGCf4nL._SS500_.jpg

not as familiar as this ;)

Modern%20Magick.jpg

This book was a key component of my path after studying undergraduate psychology. I even asked Mr Kraig some questions via email AND HE ANSWERED BACK! A totally awesome book.

You wanna give a little review of this book and author, I'm unfamiliar with either. :huh:

I'll type something up, quite a few 'bums have read this one. in the meantime http://dmkraig.net/page16/page18/page18.html gives an idea.

edit. ps. That's quite the list of subjects it deals with, can it really do all of them justice? Or is it somewhat like an overview for the beginner? Looks like a book I'd like to read though.

pps. I rather like this one, so much so that I took the trouble to take it half way round the world with me. Although it's a beginner book it really does cover some interesting things. ... oh bum....I cant put a pic in on edit....

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

I'm waiting for the third edition, when it will be down to 10 Lessons and the chick on the cover will be a little older

:)

That one is a classic. I read it back in college and enjoyed it tremendously. Its one of the only books on ceremonial magic that I ever found valuable; it distills the best of Golden Dawn-type trads, and along with Donald Tyson's books you've got a really well rounded education in CM. It covers a wide range of topics with plenty of exercises, anecdotes, and examples. Nice to see they are reprinting it :)

That is so funny I was saying at a place called the Camino Royal. A known place, Hotel for people to go and do this type of thing. I always met Pagan people in the elevator. And one Time I was talking to one of the guy's from the staff at the bar. I'm friendly... He had brought me my food earlier. And any ways he said he went up to the penthouse suite, to take some food and wine, and the door was open and lights on every where. People getting after it every where. He was like where would you like this sir? Get this... the man never stopped, "oh just where ever is fine" and just keep at it. It was so funny that poor guy that worked there was like why can't they dim the lights at least. And how come I can't come to your room and that be going on? I said it's like all the nudist colony's, they are all the same...lol I guess they are exchanging that energy and aren't thinking of this...lol

I have copy of Initiation into Hermetics and am taking my time on the first step, but this does sound very interesting.

Most things, such as a lengthy commentary on IIH are free at Rawn Clark's website

abardoncompanion.com . He has a series of downloads on Hermetics that he charges for. They're just $7 or $8 and are very inspirational. Strangely they are taken from 'live' recordings from speeches in Second Life, a computer Sim world.

Rawn says people dawdle too much doing the IIH. Set goals and move swiftly, think weeks, not months for the first levels. Its not exactly mastery as much as familiarity and adding to the old practices.

Michael

Actually it wasn't just the lady on the cover of Modern Magick that I commented on, its that in the same book the number of Lessons went from 12 to 11 in the new copy.

& also Burners come in all flavors and ages, but there is an aspect of spirit they all share.

Actually it wasn't just the lady on the cover of Modern Magick that I commented on, its that in the same book the number of Lessons went from 12 to 11 in the new copy.

& also Burners come in all flavors and ages, but there is an aspect of spirit they all share.

:) I had just read your burning man story (which I loved) around the time of those comments.

But yes, the decrease in the number of lessons was interesting, must try to compare the books one day. 10 lessons would have been so much more............ Sephirotic :unsure::lol:

Sign in to follow this