That Guy

Meow Meow

what are your thoughts on this?

Why would anyone do that? How can they do that? Is it ok to do that? Isn't she a little old to be doing that? How does this make you feel? why?

As one who has had a cat poisoned by someone in my neighborhood a few years back, I am not sure I could feel sorry for her at all if some nasty stuff were to happen to her or any person who can treat an animal like that.

I would like to believe she is just insane and has issues, but I think shes just a terrible person the world would probably be better without. And I also know theres much worse animal cruelty out there, this just hits home you know, she could be your next door neighbor, and no motive, just plain cruelty.

Yeh I know maybe she has some good in her when cats aren't involved, but shes still a primitive creature to me if she finds it necessary to do that, as a human being I don't think I can think of her as part of my species. (Assuming I am a human being, maybe I have become HOMOSAPIEN SUPERIOR!! :lol: )

Well, that is a perfect example supporting my understanding that some people are just evil. It is my opinion that only an evil person would do something like that.

I sure hope the person with the camera let the poor thing out of the bin.

I've said enough.

Peace & Love!

Why would anyone do that?

I've no idea what goes through a persons mind when doing things like that. Though I'd sort of understand if it were a child, since they're ruthless. With a normal adult it's not something I'd expect, so I suppose she wasn't normal hehe.

How can they do that?

Is this a trick question?

Is it ok to do that?

You need to ask?

How does this make you feel? why?

I suppose horrified and angry. I wonder what I'd do if I saw this in person. Whether I'd just get the cat out or also confront the person. And if the latter if it would escalate to a physical confrontation...

As one who has had a cat poisoned by someone in my neighborhood a few years back, I am not sure I could feel sorry for her at all if some nasty stuff were to happen to her or any person who can treat an animal like that.

I would like to believe she is just insane and has issues, but I think shes just a terrible person the world would probably be better without.

Well I have this kind of idea often enough (suppose when I'm blinded by anger), but the thing with this kind of thinking is, are you then really any better than this person who threw the cat in the dumpster?

I would like to believe she is just insane and has issues, but I think shes just a terrible person the world would probably be better without.

Agreed. And I don't even like cats.

as for the lady <_< I'd enjoy watching her get thrown into a bin :)

That's not a bad idea! :lol:

Well, that is a perfect example supporting my understanding that some people are just evil. It is my opinion that only an evil person would do something like that.

I sure hope the person with the camera let the poor thing out of the bin.

I've said enough.

Peace & Love!

I've gone back and forth on the issue of evil. I currently subscribe to the Buddhist belief that people act unskillfully and can digress into mental illness, but I know longer believe in evil, and I think I'll be in this mode til I part the earth. I believe a lack of empathy for other living creatures is mental illness, particularly examples of gratuitous ill-will such as this.

I also regularly wrestle with the fantasy of beating cat-haters to death with my bare hands, so I guess I'm totally whacked. :wacko:

I'm sure the cat got out all safe and stinky. It's not that big a deal. It's not like she tore it's head off, or something.

True. She only deserves to have her hands amputated.

Edited by Blasto

How does this make you feel?

Heartbroken

why?

Because I'm not the one who was shooting this -- I wouldn't use a camera, I'd use a semiautomatic.

You must know my ex- wife! :P

Well I have this kind of idea often enough (suppose when I'm blinded by anger), but the thing with this kind of thinking is, are you then really any better than this person who threw the cat in the dumpster?

Yes, because the reason I wouldn't care if something happened to people like her is because I want these kind of actions to stop, I want them gone. They are cruel, and so I have a reason to think society would benefit from her being gone.

She has no reason to do what she did. She doesn't live in the area, the cat did nothing to her, she knew what she was doing etc.

I wouldn't go and kill her, but when she is gone I don't think I feel sorry for her.

btw, the cat was rescued 15hrs later by chance by someone who heard its cries.

I've gone back and forth on the issue of evil. I currently subscribe to the Buddhist belief that people act unskillfully and can digress into mental illness, but I know longer believe in evil, and I think I'll be in this mode til I part the earth. I believe a lack of empathy for other living creatures is mental illness, particularly examples of gratuitous ill-will such as this.

Yeah, I know. I get feedback from Taoists about my opinion on this subject and much of that feedback is similar to what you just presented. I cannot support my opinion here with hard fact. It is just an opinion I have formed because of things I have seen during my lifetime.

The problem with attaching 'mental illness' to the situation is that we tend to remove the individual responsibility from the person performing the act and say something like, "Well, she couldn't help herself because she is mentally ill." And this makes it all okay. It's not okay, Damn it!!!

Peace & Love!

Yes, because the reason I wouldn't care if something happened to people like her is because I want these kind of actions to stop, I want them gone. They are cruel, and so I have a reason to think society would benefit from her being gone.

She has no reason to do what she did. She doesn't live in the area, the cat did nothing to her, she knew what she was doing etc.

Point being that if there were no people who did evil on earth there would be no evil done on earth.

I find no value in an evil person.

Peace & Love!

Did you notice the lightness in her step as she walked away?

Almost skipping along...like as if she felt she did a good deed for the day.

I bet she thought about how powerful that moment was for her all day long and she just smiled at herself.

Who knows what magnitude of darkness lies deep within this creature and how it would build up and manifest if not acted out in little bits on unwary stray animals.

Did you notice the lightness in her step as she walked away?

Almost skipping along...like as if she felt she did a good deed for the day.

I bet she thought about how powerful that moment was for her all day long and she just smiled at herself.

Who knows what magnitude of darkness lies deep within this creature and how it would build up and manifest if not acted out in little bits on unwary stray animals.

Believe me, these types of people do the same kinds of things to other people whenever they get the chance. Most of them don't have the courage to do it to other people though so they do it to animals much smaller than they are so they can feel their power of sestruction.

I apologize for being negative in this thread but I feel that we must understand the capacity of evil in many humans.

Peace & Love!

and just who has CCTV cameras on their bin? Apparently mobile phone repair men.

Lola's owner Darryl and his wife Stephanie have cameras covering the outside of their home in Coventry - and the cruel attack was captured on film.

Lola's alive and well after 15 hrs in the bin.

article-1305458-0AE38E13000005DC-699_634x492.jpg

Although 'Lola was a rescue cat and was wary of people when we first got her.' Nice. So you learn to be friendly again, and you get shoved in a bin :angry:

At least this story is all over the news and facebook. Guess you should have looked up lady.

and just who has CCTV cameras on their bin? Apparently mobile phone repair men.

Looks like he's got three cameras on the front of his house. Probably lives in a high crime area - so camera probably not targeting the bin but just the front yard - maybe he parks his car there?

Anyway its def an unkind act if not an evil one. My view is that ordinary people are quite capable of this kind of thing and need to be treated with extreme caution. I know this sounds bad but I would say 'evil' is a product of ordinariness ... and it is not ok to like this.

I also regularly wrestle with the fantasy of beating cat-haters to death with my bare hands, so I guess I'm totally whacked. :wacko:

Interesting, and an optimistic take - I partially subscribe to that...mostly, really, because most bad things around here arent borne of pure evil, but...true evil is a conscious choice and does exist - but at what point does it cease to be considered an unskillful view? To me that is a little too much a measure of excusing those actions. (though its really not, but...kinda ;) )

:lol: taomeow - yep, a single pellet shot to the buttocks woulda done that lady right...luckily it was an empty garbage can and the residents just had yet to bring it in, and they'd hear the cat meowing so the chances of anything truly bad happening to the cat in this instance are very low.