JohnC

Feminine issues

Hey everybody,

My girlfriend has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or PCOS, which causes her to have cysts on her ovaries and a host of other issues, including hormone imbalances and the like.

Is there anything anybody could recommend?

I'm thinking about recommending Spring forest qi gong, but is there anything any of the ladies could think of?

John

Or maybe Chilel qigong.

I've only had experience with those two.

John

SFQ will fix it IME, worked with girl X who also had problems with cysts and tumors on her ovaries.

Did SFQ, Zhan Zhuang and Sitting Meditation, Spinal Twists and light stretches almost daily and scans were clear after 3 weeks, although i will say she is someone who is extremely receptive/responsive to Qi.

Also did personal healing and massage with her after the sitting meditation + beating coccyx : D

She gave back a lot of energy during the healing sessions to me. blush.gif

Edited by effilang

Hey everybody,

My girlfriend has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or PCOS, which causes her to have cysts on her ovaries and a host of other issues, including hormone imbalances and the like.

I'm thinking about recommending Spring forest qi gong, but is there anything any of the ladies could think of?

John

Hi John,

I have a mild case of this myself.

Any good foundational set of chi gong will help to bring balance to the endocrine system. I would also suggest accupuncture from a credible acupuncturist.

A low carb diet (refined carbs) is fundamental to helping women with this syndrome.

You might spend some time reading here. http://www.womentowomen.com/sitesearch.aspx?q=pcos

I like this website because it has an integrative approach to working with women's health issues.

Please feel free to contact me privately if you wish.

blessings,

s

Hey everybody,

John

Dr. John Lee was a local author, retired family practice doctor; I heard him speak to a middle-school gymnasium full of women in Mendocino in 1995, about his experiences recommending skin creams with progesterone to women who suffered from osteoporosis but who were at risk for ovarian or mammarian cancer. He discovered that his patients had fewer health complaints in general, and he spoke of many patients who were on hormone replacement therapy at the time who developed precancerous conditions as a consequence of the estrogen in HRT, whose precancerous conditions went away after using progesterone. Two books, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause", and "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause".

I'm not sure, but I think the allopathic medical profession still regards progestins and progesterone as the same thing (the progestins are molecularly different from the human hormone, while progesterone is molecularly the same, even if it's synthesized); I believe as a consequence of this blindness on the part of allopathic medicine, the ointments with progesterone now carry a warning about being a cancer-causing substance. Dr. Lee was clear to differentiate between the progestins that the pharmaceutical companies have come up that can be patented but are molecularly unreal, and progesterone, which can't be patented (at least not yet). The test results he saw were not the same.

I know several women who had various physical discomforts that disappeared when they started using Progest, which is one of the brands out there. Might be something she could try, but she'll have to decide if Dr. Lee was right about western medicine going with the pharmaceutical companies for the quick buck over real science on the hormone progesterone (last I heard there had yet to be a national study with the natural hormone- no funding).

Alright, so Iodine supplements would help.

So fish or krill oil would be good, and then for her to watch her diet.

Wait I mean kelp oil..

Could anybody recommend good multivitamins? I heard most of the over the counter stuff was trash, and that there were just a few good ones.

Along with a qigong or the like.

John

Edited by JohnC

your disease = carbohydrate intolerance. Right on shakti mama, you continue to impress.

Edited by Ramon25

Well Ideally all grain and grain products. You can overeat carbs from whole plant sources too , fruits and veggies, but its harder, as long as you arnt snacking on dates and bannanas all day, you should be okay. But the TOTAL carb load is most imortant. I would shoot for about 80 NET grams a day total with polycystic ovarian syndrome

Wait I mean kelp oil..

Could anybody recommend good multivitamins? I heard most of the over the counter stuff was trash, and that there were just a few good ones.

John

I dont personally like multi's, to generic, people are individuals, Its better to buy the best of the best, of individual supps and take what you need for you. Iodine is good, so is krill, fish is less effective than krill and can be a little damaging, krill is much safer.

The iodine in particular will help rid the body of cysts. And of course I'm always in favor of fish oil!

The iodine in particular will help rid the body of cysts. And of course I'm always in favor of fish oil!

Witch is right on about the iodine. A friend with a long-time diagnosis of PCOS went the iodine route with Dr. Flechas and has had major positive changes on many fronts, resolving problems she's had for fifteen odd years, ones that she had just given up on ever changing.

Also meant to add she has hyperandrogenism and sometimes gets hair loss, and increased muscle gains and the like.

So, throwing that out there.

Thanks for all the replies.

John

Ask Ya Mu. He is an expert in medical qigong and has some suppposedly very good exercises for female issues.

Also meant to add she has hyperandrogenism and sometimes gets hair loss, and increased muscle gains and the like.

So, throwing that out there.

Thanks for all the replies.

John

yes qigong would be a wonderful place to start. jade woman qigong is a form that was created to help women balance out issues like PCOS; i have been practicing it and absolutely love it. i think it would be worth it for your friend to look into.

http://www.linggui.org/order-book-or-dvd/

i think looking for medical advice on a forum like this though is a tricky endeavor. PCOS is a complex condition, and you will find literally hundreds of different forms of advice online, many of which are downright harmful.

taking lots of pills and vitamins is not going to help. her body needs to be able to rebalance its hormones, and therefore the liver should not be overtaxed. multivitamins have been shown in studies to not improve much of anything when it comes to health. much better to just eat a wide variety of whole, fresh foods.

chinese medicine has been very effective at treating PCOS and other hormonal imbalances from what i have heard. i have personally been treated for female issues with herbs and acupuncture and have been seeing some great changes over the last few months. i think it is one of the safest approaches, because chinese medicine will look at the body as a whole and treat it accordingly, versus just taking a strong supplement that will have an action on cysts, for example, but could potentially have a negative on hormones. herbs are a safer approach, in my opinion, when formulated/prescribed by someone qualified.

Edited by immortal_sister

multi vitamins will not do much as I sated above, but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water :lol: Kelp capsules will be VERY helpful, it improves hormone function, helps to balance them, so to speak and low carb diet will also help fix the imbalance. Im sure qigong i wll be helpful too, im not as knowledgeable in that subject.

Thanks again guys.

Yea she's trying kind of a shotgun approach. And she said her hair stopped falling out when she started taking vitamins... so maybe she has a deficiency of something her body needs?

And this forum seems to have a wealth of people trying different approaches:

http://www.soulcysters.net/forum.php

From Shaktimama.

But yea, I was reading and other girls had similar problems because their hormones got out of whack, which lead to all the other problems (insulin, hypoglycemia, etc).

But again, I appreciate all replies and help :)

John

Thanks again guys.

Yea she's trying kind of a shotgun approach. And she said her hair stopped falling out when she started taking vitamins... so maybe she has a deficiency of something her body needs?

And this forum seems to have a wealth of people trying different approaches:

http://www.soulcysters.net/forum.php

From Shaktimama.

But yea, I was reading and other girls had similar problems because their hormones got out of whack, which lead to all the other problems (insulin, hypoglycemia, etc).

But again, I appreciate all replies and help :)

John

It's difficult for me to get all my nutritional needs met from food. It's a lifestyle thing. Yearly blood work tells me I am deficient in things like Vit D, Fe, and some other things. So I do take high quality fish oil, vit D,Iron, etc. I can tell a difference in my mood and energy level when I dont.

I also follow organic Paleo diet as much as possible.Over the years I have noticed a general, over all improvement since being organic Paleo.

s

Wait I mean kelp oil..

John

Some good multivitamins are made by Juice Plus+. They are extracted directly from fruits and vegetables and freeze dried, so have good absorption.

However, please consider getting the book "Green for Life" and trying some of the recipes in the back. I don't fully agree with the ideas in the book, but I've tried several of the recipes and they are a novel idea and full of vitamins and minerals.

A typical recipe includes 1/2 avocado, 1/4 raw onion, fresh basil 1/4 cup, 1/2 of a head of lettuce, 1/4 of a lime,a piece of garlic, 1-2 cups water, then blenderized and drunk. It has a nice thick almost chewy texture to it and by varying the different vegetables and fruits in it, you get different types of antioxidants, etc. I really love it and for me, half the battle is getting me to take something, so this makes it easy, as it tastes good.

I used to juice, but did not like to throw away all that good fiber. Now I blenderize several fruits and veggies and drink them. Very energizing and probably better for you than even good vitamins, due to the better bioavailabilty.

Last, I read a recent article that we are having an epidemic of POD due to it being created or worsened by obesity. Thus, weight loss might be somewhat helpful to help control the symptoms. Adipose tisue tends to be a hormone absorbing/emitting substance, and so can really screw up the hormonal balance for some people.

It's difficult for me to get all my nutritional needs met from food. It's a lifestyle thing. Yearly blood work tells me I am deficient in things like Vit D, Fe, and some other things. So I do take high quality fish oil, vit D,Iron, etc. I can tell a difference in my mood and energy level when I dont.

I also follow organic Paleo diet as much as possible.Over the years I have noticed a general, over all improvement since being organic Paleo.

s

you seriously do impress shaktimama