Sign in to follow this  
SunDog

Electricity/Lightning

I was out walking the other day in stormy weather. It got me to speculating.

When we do energy work, not only are we getting better at the work, but we are also increasing and improving the body's capacity to work with energy as well as greater amounts of energy without burning out and blowing a weak link somewhere.

So, do you think this means all energy? Say I got hit by ligtning on my walk, or tomorrow stupidly jammed a fork into toaster to get out the toast without first unplugging, would I be much better off because of my energy work, or just as dead or damaged?

I think of the heat of summer and realize that heat is energy too, and I'm don't handle that any better than I used to...yet. I have a few techniques up my sleeve for this summer!

SunDog

.. do you think this means all energy? Say I got hit by ligtning on my walk, or tomorrow stupidly jammed a fork into toaster to get out the toast without first unplugging, would I be much better off because of my energy work, or just as dead or damaged?

I think of the heat of summer and realize that heat is energy too, and I'm don't handle that any better than I used to...yet. I have a few techniques up my sleeve for this summer!

SunDog

SunDog,if you put the lightning proposition to the test,I will definitely be impressed :P But as to your speculation on summer heat,a freind of mine (I wish I could say it was me) who has a phenomenal knack for moving & sensing energy with no real training ( God I hate her),always found the intense,baking summer heat where she lives to be downright oppressive.But earlier this year,after a spontaneous onblocking of some spinal energy,she found this very same heat to be enlivening & soothing ! As the original phenomena that precipitated the unblocking was actually disconcerting to her, she decided to prevent it going any further.Subsequently,her perception of summer heat once again became oppresssive.Now,all this was without any deliberate technique on her part.Are you at all inclined to discuss whats lurking up your sleeve? :) Regards,Cloud.

When we do energy work, not only are we getting better at the work, but we are also increasing and improving the body's capacity to work with energy as well as greater amounts of energy without burning out and blowing a weak link somewhere.

So, do you think this means all energy? Say I got hit by ligtning on my walk, or tomorrow stupidly jammed a fork into toaster to get out the toast without first unplugging, would I be much better off because of my energy work, or just as dead or damaged?

I personally knew a high level qigong practitioner who worked at an acupuncture school, he was doing a qigong meditation that pulled energy in from the sky, only there was a thunderstorm overhead. He went insane for a while, barking at buildings and yelling at cars, acting like a rabbit. He was immediately given acupunture by a senior member of the faculty and over the weeks and months he regained sanity, but he was never quite the same.

I guess the lesson is that there are a lot of energies that we can handle physically, but are so foreign to us that we cant integrate them. This is also why you shouldn't practice qigong involving drawing energy from above during severe weather. So it may not take a direct physical interaction with these energies to harm someone who inadvertently (or even intentionally) comes into "contact" with them.

On my Microcosmic orbit audio CDs Michael Winn talks about the guy that taught him the Wudang orbit method. He said this guy was trained on how to let lightening pass through him. Everytime there is an electrical storm he hangs out on the roof of his building where he has lightening rods set up. Michael said that the key was to stay neutral when getting struck. I don't know if this is true or not but it was interesting.

The only other thing Michael mentioned was that the lightening dude was a white guy that grew up in Hong Kong. When he was a child he had a babysitter that was a Taoist from Wudang Mountain. Appartently the Taoist taught him the secrets of the snake tribe.

When I was a toddler I bit into a vacum cleaner cord while it was on. It knocked me out but I survived. Not the same as lightening but at times I have thought that it had something to do with my sensitive nature and ability to accomodate the spiritual lightening bolt that I experienced later in life. But then after having children and observing our common traits, I don't think it meant much at all.

Unblocking of spinal energy, veerrry interesting!

Actually,it kind of disturbed her.It was like an outside agency acting upon her out of the blue!! Thats why she shut it down.No 'voices' or anything,just a unexpected force dissolving a big blockage ,initially around the upper spine.But yes,veeeerrrryyyyy interesting.( Years ago she did MCO from a book for 2 days,no 'initiation' from anyone,just picked it up & did it.By the second day she was practically on fire! No uncertainty about the reality of chi there!!) :lol: Regards,Cloud.

MatthewQi, rather than it not being anything, maybe your children have a few of your traits, too. That's a pretty amazing event. Do you have any recollections of it? A sensation? An emotion? A lifelong distaste for vacuuming? Or you simply went out and don't remember anything before, during, and after?

Cloud recluse, hmm. Speculating here, I tend to do that:

- Perhaps she began some energy technique earlier and it didn't activate until just then?

- Or perhaps a person around her was doing some unasked for energy work on her from a distance?

- Or maybe, because she's so sensitive, she happened upon a geographical location that was just perfect for the releasing of a block from her spine?

- There's that 'grace' option too.

She sounds quite extraordinary.

SunDog

SunDog,1 2 & 4 are all possibilities in her case.3 probably doesnt apply,unless it was somewhere from quite a few months ago & its taken a while to kick in.

She is quite extraordinary,not only in her innate talent,but shes also a totally focused,down to earth person.She never seems to have lost the childhood capacity for imagination & openess,but has no illusions about the world.Though in this case her high degree of independence & self-reliance made this apparent 'outside agency' disconcerting,as it wasnt happening on her terms,so she blocked it out,despite the pleasure of the sensations.Like a lot of independent ,stoic types,accepting help ,even from freinds,can be uncomfortable for her,let alone from unknown invisibles.

But to return to the original theme of your thread,when she was initially overwhelmed into relaxing into this process,the intense,dry summer heat of where she lives transformed into pure pleasure for her,It became enlivening,not exhausting,but only during her initial acceptance of the process.Not as full on as a lightning bolt,but interesting nonetheless

:) regards,Cloud.

Edited by cloud recluse

MatthewQi, rather than it not being anything, maybe your children have a few of your traits, too. That's a pretty amazing event. Do you have any recollections of it? A sensation? An emotion? A lifelong distaste for vacuuming? Or you simply went out and don't remember anything before, during, and after?

SunDog

SunDog,

I am laughing my ass off about the lifelong distaste for vacuuming :) perhaps my wife would say that was true:) But no, I am fine with vacuuming.

The only thing I have are some scars inside my mouth. I was pretty young so I really don't have any recollection of it.

Regards,

Matt

MatthewQi, wow, scars in the mouth. Sounds like the event was extreme. Glad you're still here!

Cloud Recluse, et al, you've all got me thinking that under right circumstances these phenomenon--lightning and electricity--may be do-able. However, likely, not by me in this lifetime!!!

I'll just stick with the heat energy. There are degrees of heat, rather than Whamo! only one option or one chance.

SunDog

Sign in to follow this