Sign in to follow this  
Gauss

My reasons for practicing Falun Gong...

How many realities do you believe that there are?

More than 1. So far the only other realm I experienced is the dream realm. But there could be more.

It's the conclusion of most mystics and of Lao Tse and Chuang Tzu. Have you read them?

I have not read Lao Tse's book directly, but rather listened the audiobook version and commentary by Wayne Dyers, I have not read Chuang Tzu though.

Lao Tsu wrote Tao Te Ching and Li Hongzhi wrote Zhuan Falun. There are all sorts of books. When I asked that question I meant how did you reach that conclusion from your own experience/revelation and not based on a book. One can speak like definite law and can give many quotes from a book. But that doesn't mean they(books) are always 100% true, and if true not 100% complete.

Being unhappy doesn't mean that there is anywhere else to reach. People seem to think that they would be happy if they could do this, have that, control the other, or accomplish some goal. Happiness becomes a contingency. Happiness is not reached as a goal to be won by struggle or through thinking.

Going from unhappy state to happy state seems to require a state change thus you 'reach' a happy state, therefore there is something to be reached. The means to reach a happy state can be discussed.

Edited by levo

There is no such thing as higher and lower inborn quality. There are no higher and lower realms. There is nothing to be reached. Everything is right here, right now, just as it should be. Nothing needs to be fixed.

Indeed you are going to an extreme in your reasoning. Your words would mean all people are born the same. They are not. There are men, women, stiff, flexible, healthy and handicapped people. Just to mention a few differences between people.

To mention levels there are cells, molecules, atoms, electrons, quarks, neutrinos etc etc. Each particle size level has a dimension, science can not see any single dimension below this one, since it only sees dots and not planes in the microscopic world. Master Li has expained that the more microscopic you can see with your third eye, the higher your level is, only the human being has the potential to develop these abilities by becoming a good person and cultivating diligently in the Fa. I have a son with very good inborn quality, when he was five years old, one day he took up his bedsheet and went inside of it. There were trees and bushes inside he told me. Another time he went into a grass straw. Just to make an example of a certain level.

Li Hongzhi has mentioned Sakyamuni, Jesus and Lao Zi all reached the Tataghata level during their lifetimes. They had very high inborn quality and could raise their Gong levels very fast. He also mentioned there are few Dafa cultivators who can reach that level now, and he empasized few...

Master Li has also said that the Fa-rectification taking place has two phases(Fa-rectification period and World Fa rectification stage when everyone will know what is happening).

The earlier phase the harder to obtain the Fa. At this moment it is very hard to obtain the Fa since the time left in phase one is very short so only those with good or maybe even very good inborn quality can cultivate up in time.

I find it extremely interesting when Master Li explained that Sakyamunis disciples were among the first ones to obtain the Fa during the 90s. As a form of reward for their earlier efforts. Everyone will get a fair treatment, always.

Thanks Gauss. I checked the website and there are 3 English translations of Zhuan Falun one by US, one by North America and one by practitioners in China which one should I read? Also I saw Zhuan Falun volume 2? Is that the next book? I started reading the US translation version earlier.

Also as I was watching one of the videos I saw a movement by Master Li while sitting and it was not one of the five exercises. It also said not to repeat that movement. Is that because of one's current level for not repeating or some other purpose? Thanks...

Well, I guess each translation has its own twist. Try reading all three in succession and then choose which one you prefer to work with. I tried the US version for a while and then switched to the Swedish version which I find better.

The big issue in Dafa cultivation is to study the Fa diligently. Each time you will understand the book a little better. That is the only way to cultivate up fast.

About Master Li performing mudras they are his way of communicating with the cultivators or the knowing side of cultivators. Nobody except Master is allowed to show them or practice them. At the extremely high levels one will know about various Mudras I believe. But that is not my level and I know nothing about them except what is said in Zhuan Falun. One should only do the five exercises and that is it.

I personally believe LiHongZhi to be a Nut Job.

He has said the craziest shit in interviews. When students ask about contradictions he calls them evil Practitioners. Just meditate on picture of his. That is not a spiritual authority.

This does not mean his system is not good. I personally got A lot out of it over the 2 years I practised it. But he is running a Cult none the less.

And he put it together from varying sources, Including Wang Lipings teachings, then claimed It was ancient Heritage.... Suspect.

He has said the craziest shit in interviews. When students ask about contradictions he calls them evil Practitioners. Just meditate on picture of his. That is not a spiritual authority.

This does not mean his system is not good. I personally got A lot out of it over the 2 years I practised it. But he is running a Cult none the less.

And he put it together from varying sources, Including Wang Lipings teachings, then claimed It was ancient Heritage.... Suspect.

He studied with Sifu Wang??

If you practiced FD for two years genuinely how can you call Master Li such words?

From day one of your practice you will study his scriptures, and in a very short time one will understand who he is and support him forever. Then there are bound to be very few people who are predestined to create trouble for FD. Those people usually are identified as troublemakers from the outset since nobody can fake genuine cultivation, it is simply too hard for anyone to fake anything like genuine cultivation.

And FD being a cult is a ridiculous statement since there is no money, no organization, no membership, no leaders, no worshipping etc. All that is CCP propaganda that everyday people buy into since they don´t doublecheck information.

Nobody can publish the kind of information that Master Li has done. Never in the history of mankind has such information been made available to people. I remember a professor of Mathematical Statistics from NY who said no ordinary man would be able to disclose such secrets without being punished by higher powers.

Who can talk about Jesus, Shakyamuni, Lao Zi and Yahweh just like that, revealing details about their respective enlightenment levels and cultivation paths?....

Only one person can do such a thing. As has been prophecised by many prophets throughut the ages.

Edited by Gauss

Hi Gauss!

Can you please talk a bit about Fa rectification and why Master Li does not mention this in the book and yet now says that it is an integral part of his cultivation system and that you cannot cultivate in this system without participating in Fa rectification.

I can understand why it is important to speak out against human rights violations, but I don't understand how cultivation is dependent on this. Falun Dafa is supposed to be non-political but how can that be possible if a requirement is to speak out against the government that suppresses them. Nothing wrong with it to me except the requirement part.

Then you have the mass propaganda from both sides.

The Chinese government has big smear campaigns and web posts defaming Master Li, but at the same time, Falun Dafa has their Clearwisdom website, Epoch Times news paper, and also their theater performance show. The show bills itself as one thing and then halfway through turns into a venue for Fa Rectification.

Then there is talk and perhaps some evidence (there are tax documents from Friends of Falung Gong posted on the web) that perhaps Falun Gong is partially funded by the CIA in an attempt to destabilize the Chinese communist government.

If it were as simple as Master Li and his qigong and his book, which is what seems to be discussed here, I think it is one of the best cultivation systems I have come across. However since then, many of the things that he has said have struck me as odd, and his demand to spread Dafa and Fa Rectification do not sit well with me.

I practiced Falun Dafa for about a year. I have to say that when I stopped it was a big deal for me. I threw away my book and video and anything related. I felt like something had lifted and taken a huge weight off me.

I am not here to speak for or against Falun Dafa. It's just my observations and experience.

I would like to know Gauss how you see these issues I came across that arose for me once I got past the simpleness of the book and exercises and into the much more complicated political-ness of Falun Gong.

To me, the Master Li of Zhuan Falun and the Master Li of today are quite different.

Thank you!

Junbao raises some valid questions.

Gauss: your words "create trouble" for FD is an indication of your attitude towards those that dare go against FD and criticize it for the shortcomings people perceive. I also was warned by a FD guy not to say anything negative about in that it would create lots of bad karma for me. This is the kind of attitude people perceive as cultish.

And saying that people buy CCP propaganda because that they find FD cultish is ridiculous.

As Junbao mentions there IS an organisation even though you deny it.

This is not to say that because there is some organisation to FD that it is cultish. Denying the organisation behind Epoch Times just makes it seem more weird than simply acknowledging it.

Also, as Junbao mentions it is quite interesting how Falun Gong has evolved: first there was the exercises and it was named Falun Gong. Two years later when Zhuan Falun came out suddenly there was a whole philosophy behind the exercises.

Regarding Fa-rectification: I believe Li started mentioning this after the crackdown in China and when he moved to the States. I could be wrong though.

Indeed, as Junbao mentions FD has become political and I think it is slowly destroying the movement.

Guest sykkelpump

What matters is that Falun gong is a VERY good qi gong method.best I have tried by far.much better than spring forest qi gong imo.It does combine movement and zhan zhuang and a sitting exercise similar to kunlun so I find it very powerful and good for health.But every qi gong method get MUCH more powerful if combined with emptiness meditation.(not at the same time).For those looking for a simple,free,and powerful system.I can not recomand it enough.

Guest sykkelpump

Ahaha, you just demonstrated the Cultish nature in your own words my friend. A Cult does not require money or worship to be a cult. A Cult trying to convince its members that it is not a Cult will say such things like "WE are not a Cult, we require no Money or Worship, No membership"

Yet then they tell you to chant Li HongZhi when you are in danger, that if you do other practices you become an Evil pratitioner, throw around what some Maths professor said as if he represents some kind of Authority, and tell you that No one can do what Li does...

I am totally against oppression of people, but really, when Li organized a Nation wide sit down of 6 million people in communist China, the land of Tiniamen square, What did he really think would Happen?

Really? He constantly craps on about how his Wisdom eye is so developed, yet he couldnt see that possible outcome?

I read one Interview where he said he was watching 'ALL' the aliens at all times, and that they were all bad! Yet he couldn't tell China would freak out at a power play? lol.

Anyway It is a great practice cultism aside. It helped me develop some great 'aditional' abilities. Just do not fall into the really obvious trap of thinking that because a system is great, that somehow the MASTER IS PERFECT!

I personally think he is a brilliant but also slimy manipulative doushbag.

one of the Moves itself comes right from Wang Liping's catalogue by the way so he knew how to pick his sources...

Falun = Cult

I am sorry but I feel strongly about the Issue. Having teachers wait untill I finished the meditation then hit me with their propoganda and exagerated claims is unethical. Then they started with the Emotional demands... And told me a friend had become Evil for mixing practices and that I should disasociate my self from him...

Straight up Cult.

Fortunatly I am more self aware than alot of the new people who get slowly sucked in and it workes like this:

They suck you in with the good stuff (like all cults) and while they do that, they get you to swallow all the crap as well.

Before you know it Li can do no wrong and Falun will save the world from a future Alien Invasion.

Beware.

Blessings!

Seth.

Just curious,what moves come from liping?

Then there is talk and perhaps some evidence (there are tax documents from Friends of Falung Gong posted on the web) that perhaps Falun Gong is partially funded by the CIA in an attempt to destabilize the Chinese communist government.
One thing that always concerned me is if all their materials are often given out freely...where does all their funding come from?

I'd like to see their exact money trail? Is it all just donations - even though they don't ask for any?

Also, what is Li Hongzhi up to now? Is he still in NY? What is he doing???

falun-gong-master-li-hongzhi-exercizes.jpg

falun-gong-symbol.gif

Edited by vortex

One thing is for sure that those exercises are really good, i have never felt such strong chi flow from any other qigong. It's also really easy for me to sit in full lotus while doing the final exercise, especially when i hold the hands out to the side like in the bottom middle picture above it feels like a cool breeze around my feet that keeps them from going numb as they otherwise do.

One thing is for sure that those exercises are really good, i have never felt such strong chi flow from any other qigong. It's also really easy for me to sit in full lotus while doing the final exercise, especially when i hold the hands out to the side like in the bottom middle picture above it feels like a cool breeze around my feet that keeps them from going numb as they otherwise do.

About the exercises, I have an interesting story from last week. In my office I ran a demo of the FD exercises and a girl came up and started doing the standing exercises. She had never done anything like Qi Gong or similar. All of a sudden she felt the Falun wheel turning during exercise 2 and was really caught off guard.

After finishing she had to sit down and drink water and take it easy. She said: "Nobody can imagine what FD is like, the power and the feeling, it is just amazing".

The following workday she came up and asked me when we could hold the next session....

If one can feel the Falun the first time one practices I believe one has a very good predestination for this.

Hi Gauss!

Can you please talk a bit about Fa rectification and why Master Li does not mention this in the book and yet now says that it is an integral part of his cultivation system and that you cannot cultivate in this system without participating in Fa rectification.

I can understand why it is important to speak out against human rights violations, but I don't understand how cultivation is dependent on this. Falun Dafa is supposed to be non-political but how can that be possible if a requirement is to speak out against the government that suppresses them. Nothing wrong with it to me except the requirement part.

Then you have the mass propaganda from both sides.

The Chinese government has big smear campaigns and web posts defaming Master Li, but at the same time, Falun Dafa has their Clearwisdom website, Epoch Times news paper, and also their theater performance show. The show bills itself as one thing and then halfway through turns into a venue for Fa Rectification.

If it were as simple as Master Li and his qigong and his book, which is what seems to be discussed here, I think it is one of the best cultivation systems I have come across. However since then, many of the things that he has said have struck me as odd, and his demand to spread Dafa and Fa Rectification do not sit well with me.

I practiced Falun Dafa for about a year. I have to say that when I stopped it was a big deal for me. I threw away my book and video and anything related. I felt like something had lifted and taken a huge weight off me.

I am not here to speak for or against Falun Dafa. It's just my observations and experience.

I would like to know Gauss how you see these issues I came across that arose for me once I got past the simpleness of the book and exercises and into the much more complicated political-ness of Falun Gong.

To me, the Master Li of Zhuan Falun and the Master Li of today are quite different.

Thank you!

Hi!

Many questions, I can only answer you at my current enlightenment level. Therefore you may not take any of my answers as any kind of "truth".

After 1999-07-20 the situation for FD cultivators changed completely. Before that it was basically a system of self-cultivation. After the persecution FD became a system of self-cultivation AND clarifying the truth&sending righteous thoughts&saving sentient beings during this period of time, later it will go back to self-cultivation only.

All the cultivators had to adjust to the situation and oppose the persecution, although noone acknowledges it or the old forces whatsoever. The historic reasons have been prophesiced throughout the ages and was also commented on by Master Li:

http://english.falundafamuseum.org/b5/00/06/28/316.html

Note the date 1999-07-20, twenty years will the persecution last, followed by the infamous seven years of tribulations(all this is prophesiced according to Nostradamus and the bible etc) after the "World-Fa rectification" started.

I believe to oppose the persecution is very important and also to help the other practitioners get out of jail. Remember that if you are a member of the CCP in China you silently support the persecution and wil pay the consequences at the end of the Fa-rectification period when the World-Fa rectification starts.

Since every Chinese as a kid takes an oath to the CCP it is very important to nullify that arrangement and help all people quit the CCP in time.

As I understand it all Dafa practitioners have taken previous vows to support Master during these predestined tribulations and save as many sentient beings as possible. This process was described well by Swedenborg in his many books. He also said the Dafa disciples will form a new angelic heaven and the people you save from destruction will be able to cultivate to your kingdom in the future. That means if you only do self-cultivation and do not help other people your kingdom will be rather dull(no people there)... Each sentient being that you can save is therefore extremely valuable.

Your cultivation level is not dependent on doing the "three things"(of course, the more virtue you build the easier it is to increase your Gong level I believe) undertaking, as I understand it. The Fa-rectification has nothing to do with politics of course, it is something completely different, but everyday people easily interprets it as being politics, since the CCP opposes it. In fact this period is about saving sentient beings and helping practitioners get out of jail to be able to do what they should do during this Fa-rectification period.

About the CIA etc that is typical CCP propaganda and is nonsense.

In fact "Dafa projects" have no lack of money and the reason is simple; if you are a genuine cultivator you will know what your future looks like and some of the 100 million practitioners are well-off and they will spend their private money on helping Dafa projects and help to save more sentient beings and build mighty virtue in the process of helping. This has nothing to do with CIA or politics, it has everything to do with the power of Dafa and your vows given a long time ago.

Master Li planned these events for ages, now they are all unfolding and if someone has the opportunity to become a Fa-rectification disciple, well, that is simply great news for that person.

Each person who tries the Dafa exercises and reads the books(Zhuan Falun is the important book) will know what I mean. Especially in this forum where there are many people with very good inborn quality and little karma, you will reach levels unimaginable..

I can tell everyone, try Dafa out without any notions and you will know what to do later after experiencing its power. The power of Dafa is beyond anything else out there, as is evidenced by its extremely rapid spread across the world.

Master Li seems very much the same person to me now as before, he just focuses on saving as many sentient beings as possible.

However big the bad noise is, however many CCP infiltrators/spies etc there are slanderring Dafa, truth remains the same.

Try Dafa out and the rest will come naturally.

Edited by Gauss

Junbao raises some valid questions.

Gauss: your words "create trouble" for FD is an indication of your attitude towards those that dare go against FD and criticize it for the shortcomings people perceive. I also was warned by a FD guy not to say anything negative about in that it would create lots of bad karma for me. This is the kind of attitude people perceive as cultish.

And saying that people buy CCP propaganda because that they find FD cultish is ridiculous.

As Junbao mentions there IS an organisation even though you deny it.

This is not to say that because there is some organisation to FD that it is cultish. Denying the organisation behind Epoch Times just makes it seem more weird than simply acknowledging it.

Also, as Junbao mentions it is quite interesting how Falun Gong has evolved: first there was the exercises and it was named Falun Gong. Two years later when Zhuan Falun came out suddenly there was a whole philosophy behind the exercises.

Regarding Fa-rectification: I believe Li started mentioning this after the crackdown in China and when he moved to the States. I could be wrong though.

Indeed, as Junbao mentions FD has become political and I think it is slowly destroying the movement.

Feel free to criticize Dafa.

I just tell you to first read the book Zhuan Falun and try the exercises once so you understand what Dafa is all about. It is better to first test drive a space shuttle before complaining about the shuttle being wrong built.

The CCP has a global super rich organization that is extremely anti-Dafa. Is it not true the CCP spreads alot of misinformation about Dafa? Do not most people read this news, accept it as truth and never double-check it again? This is how the world is run.

Tell me, where is the organization in "Dafa"? How does it work?

Dafa work is all about volunteering. Nobody is allowed to charge a fee at a practice site. All books are free of charge.

There is a newspaper, a web site(Minghui/Clearwisdom) and a TV channel(NDTV) run by Dafa volunteers(TV and newspaper are run as a company I believe) but it is not "Dafa organization" is it? The Epoch Times have a bit different news than most other news channels(more positive news at Epoch Times) but you can not say Epoch times equals "Dafa" since their news is news for any type of people, not just Dafa people. NDTV, I can not say exactly what they do. Clearwisdom is focused on Dafa and is for cultivators. So there are many Dafa projects doing different stuff and each project has an organization with no formal connection to the other projects.

Dafa has no organization with any kind of pyramid or money. Everything is loosely organized and the 1000s of practice sites across the world are all run by volunteers doing it out of free will, taking the rent for the site costs by themselves.

I would say maybe 90% of all Dafa practitioners never met Master Li. It is enough to cultivate well and do the three things well. You will get what you deserve.

There have been different phases in FD like you mention, each phase has reached a higher level. This is a process, very meticulously planned.

In my previous message I explained why it may look like politics(oppose the persecution does not seem political to me but many people equal it to opposing the CCP) to everyday people. But when one looks from a slightly higher perspective one finds it a ridiculous statement.

FD is about cultivation and now saving sentient beings during this phase.

Edited by Gauss

Ahaha, you just demonstrated the Cultish nature in your own words my friend. A Cult does not require money or worship to be a cult. A Cult trying to convince its members that it is not a Cult will say such things like "WE are not a Cult, we require no Money or Worship, No membership"

Yet then they tell you to chant Li HongZhi when you are in danger, that if you do other practices you become an Evil pratitioner, throw around what some Maths professor said as if he represents some kind of Authority, and tell you that No one can do what Li does...

I am totally against oppression of people, but really, when Li organized a Nation wide sit down of 6 million people in communist China, the land of Tiniamen square, What did he really think would Happen?

Really? He constantly craps on about how his Wisdom eye is so developed, yet he couldnt see that possible outcome?

I read one Interview where he said he was watching 'ALL' the aliens at all times, and that they were all bad! Yet he couldn't tell China would freak out at a power play? lol.

Anyway It is a great practice cultism aside. It helped me develop some great 'aditional' abilities. Just do not fall into the really obvious trap of thinking that because a system is great, that somehow the MASTER IS PERFECT!

I personally think he is a brilliant but also slimy manipulative doushbag.

one of the Moves itself comes right from Wang Liping's catalogue by the way so he knew how to pick his sources...

Falun = Cult

I am sorry but I feel strongly about the Issue. Having teachers wait untill I finished the meditation then hit me with their propoganda and exagerated claims is unethical. Then they started with the Emotional demands... And told me a friend had become Evil for mixing practices and that I should disasociate my self from him...

Straight up Cult.

Fortunatly I am more self aware than alot of the new people who get slowly sucked in and it workes like this:

They suck you in with the good stuff (like all cults) and while they do that, they get you to swallow all the crap as well.

Before you know it Li can do no wrong and Falun will save the world from a future Alien Invasion.

Beware.

Blessings!

Seth.

My friend, you say many things here and my time is limited. I can not change your heart. NY Times and many other official media outlets has defined FD as NOT being a cult but you are entitled to your own opinion of course.

When a cultivator enters other dimensions many things can happen, security may be an issue and Master Li has enormous power. That is why it might be a good idea to ask him for help in an emergency, after all one does not want to be killed.

If you have a problem with having a teacher there is not much I can say. What Master Li has given all practitioners(scriptures, exercises, the Falun etc etc) is simply beyond anything out there.

About "teachers" telling you what to do at the practice site, that sounds very strange since there are no "teachers" allowed in FD, except Master. You must have misunderstood that part. There are instructors at sites and they can answer questions at their respective levels of enlightenment. There are 100 million practitioners, some instructors are bound to do mistakes.

The six million people you imagine Master Li organized was like 10 000 people...

About the scriptures, they encompass all levels, and Master´s lectures sometimes is very hard to understand. If one has seen nothing in other dimensions, not read the prophecies or any Buddhism etc, some facts might be hard to accept but each one has his own level and as one raises his level it will all become clear in due time.

Yesterday I had a goat to take care of while sending righteous thoughts.... Who can accept that without experiencing it?...

No matter what one thinks about FD, in due time everyone on this earth will know truth about FD. It is a question of how early one gets to know it. The earlier the better in my opinion.

Edited by Gauss

Guest sykkelpump

I have said my piece. Best wishes in your Cultivation, may you attain Great Levels and be of benefit to countless living Beings.

Blessings.

Seth.

Please tell me which falun gong exercise comes from liping as you said in an earlier post?

Please tell me which falun gong exercise comes from liping as you said in an earlier post?

I would be interested to know this as well.

What matters is that Falun gong is a VERY good qi gong method.best I have tried by far.much better than spring forest qi gong imo.It does combine movement and zhan zhuang and a sitting exercise similar to kunlun so I find it very powerful and good for health.But every qi gong method get MUCH more powerful if combined with emptiness meditation.(not at the same time).For those looking for a simple,free,and powerful system.I can not recomand it enough.

So what results have you actually had? just strong energy flow? It's not really a Qi gong method as Li says Qi is shit and the cultivatiopn builds gong. Perhaps that is bull?

My friend, you say many things here and my time is limited.

Your time is limited? why is that?

I personally got A lot out of it over the 2 years I practised it.

I would love to know what benafits/abilities you got from the practice? I have heard people say they felt a strong Qi flow but that does not mean anything.

I would like to know from ex practitioners what they got from it and why they stopped. Just because of the cult? If the techniques are good then why stop?

With regards to the falun rotating... could that not just be the Dan Tian rotating?

Biff

Your time is limited? why is that?

I have no time to answer too many specific questions, many answers about FD cultivation are found at www.clearwisdom.net or in the book Zhuan Falun.

PS: I recommend this marvelous show to everyone(it has been produced by Master Li to enhance traditional Chinese culture):

http://www.shenyunperformingarts.org/

Sign in to follow this