Sign in to follow this  
Gauss

My reasons for practicing Falun Gong...

Below are some of my objective(I will tell you about some of my personal experiences later on)"external" reasons for doing self-cultivation in Falun Dafa.

These reasons are only my personal opinions at my current level of enlightenment and may not be seen as some form of official information on Falun Gong.

- Falun Gong or Falun Dafa(FD)is based on Zhen-Shan-Ren which means Truth-Compassion-Forbearance in English. This is the law(Fa) of the cosmos it is said in FD. FD belongs to the Buddha Fa Qi Gong school but includes Taoist concepts in its cultivation. One sees many former Taoists among the practitioners, also many martial artists.

- FD is a practice of body, mind and soul. You should temper every part of yourself in the midst of living a "normal" life in everyday society. There are five exercises including one where you do meditation in double Lotus, not in trance but being aware of yourself practicing. That is also a key, to never fall into trance and let your subordinate soul cultivate while you get nothing.

- As a cultivator you are supposed to align yourself with nature, follow the flow of nature and thereby following the laws of the universe, that is the only way to achieve true happiness and consummate it is said. You will need to improve your xinxing(mind, moral character, virtue, endurance, tolerance etc) and reduce your body and thought karma along the way.

- FD is a free practice, no fees, no "priests", no organization, no memberships etc. Only Master Li may publish official papers in FD, thereby assuring that it will not run astray like the religions. All books are free for download.

- You are responsible for your own beliefs and enlightenment in FD, at your current level of cultivation. Whatever state or enlightenment you have reached in meditation, you can always improve from that level. Therefore you will never find absolute truth.

- In FD there is a Master Li Hongzhi who is righteous and has infinite compassion and boundless power. He attracted 100 million disciples in six years in China and then it expanded to more than 100 countries in a few years. Of course the CCP is terrified of FD and has banned it in China and persecuted millions of practitioners, a terrible deed for which they will face retribution.

- In FD you are not made to loose anything materially like becoming a monk. Instead you just live like an everyday person while giving up all your attachments to emotions and desires. You take lightly any "losses" or "gains" in this world and by living among temptations and conficts you will get stronger and raise your level faster as you consciously loose out in various conflicts.

- What you put in is what you get back in FD. That means the harder you work the higher level you will reach. It is natural and very fair.

- Inborn quality matters. A virtuous person born with alot of virtue will raise his level much faster than someone with alot of karma and a history of wrongdoing.

Many prophecies point to the east during the end times:

Emmanuel Swedenborg pointed right to the doctrines of FD and said Master Li would arrive from China as the incarnation of the Lord in flesh and his doctrines would become the "New Church" which would take over all religions after judgment day has passed. He mentioned that the Chinese language is a divine language and that is a reason for FD coming out of China in Chinese. He also predicted the "Dragon" would start persecuting FD cultivators out of jealousy. Dragon is a synonym of the CCP.

Swedenborg specifically wanted to warn christian people of the modern church and its doctrines deviating from Jesus original doctrines. He pointed to FD and utged people to "lok for it in China".

Nostradamus said evil would start persecute good in 1999 july. 20th of July the CCP started persecuting 100 million cultivators in China.

Edgar Cayce said that the cradle of true christianity would be in China...

In fact, Swedenborg also pointed to the body and mind cultivation that Jesus performed in his days.

Books for anyone to read(Zhuan Falun is the main book for true cultivation):

Download free Falun Dafa Falun Gong books and articles: http://www.falundafa.../eng/books.html

News and other information here: http://www.Clearwisdom.net

All feedback welcome! I can add that I was born and raised a protestant and then got into Qi Gong and Taoism. I find modern religion corrupted, no matter which religion we talk about. Too much time has passed since the founders lived and the clergy has corrupted the true teachings with personal, political and money agendas over the millenia. This phenomenon was predicted by all the founders of orthodox religions too.

All things, at least in this material plane, are subject to change. Even the philosophy of your belief will in time be "diluted", whether for better or worse, by the insights of others. It is good that you cultivate virtuous qualities and your own energy for your own benefit, but be wary of prophecy and never forget to love all beings, regardless of whatever difference or ideology.

All things, at least in this material plane, are subject to change. Even the philosophy of your belief will in time be "diluted", whether for better or worse, by the insights of others. It is good that you cultivate virtuous qualities and your own energy for your own benefit, but be wary of prophecy and never forget to love all beings, regardless of whatever difference or ideology.

Good reply, I agree on most of what you say. About the FD practice being diluted however, I believe this time Master Li has made many, many arrangements to stop this process in the future. Ie the litterature is finished and written by the Master and nobody can alter it in the future, also many other absolute demands have been put down on paper to stop it from becoming political etc etc.

So I believe FD will be kept for a very long time in its right shape.

I like what you say about virtue. I believe every righteous cultivation school has the same theme first and foremost, that is cultivating virtue and becoming a good person. Today there are very few virtuous people so it is comparably easy to stand out in this respect.

I know many prophecies are fake but the old ones are often good. They are not exact and as for the dates I believe there is just one person making the final decisions. As far as I remember Master Li has said 07/20 might be numbers of incomparable significance in the future... Remember the persecution started 1999-07-20 and remember Nostradamus said it would last twenty and seven years....

Edited by Gauss

- FD is a practice of body, mind and soul. You should temper every part of yourself in the midst of living a "normal" life in everyday society. There are five exercises including one where you do meditation in double Lotus, not in trance but being aware of yourself practicing. That is also a key, to never fall into trance and let your subordinate soul cultivate while you get nothing.

Yeah this is something that has interested me since first hearing about it (i forget where) the idea of 2 "souls". How exactly do you define trance? In regular meditation one focuses on a single thought, is that trance?

Also what is the subordinate soul and how does it "steal" one's cultivation? what's the differance between the two "souls"? What is the advantage of feeding one but not the other? How do you feed one and not the other?

I definately agree STRONGLY with Falun Gong's emphasis on character building, becoming a good person (even i don't like the term "good" because of it's subjectivity), if not for this "falun" thats planted in one's abdomen (still freaks me out), and the lack of "stuff to show" (perhaps I simply haven't heard of anything) i'd join in a heartbeat.

However I also believe that power isn't limited to alignment. I believe power is power and anyone can get it; that it's how one uses it that defines it as "bad" or "good"

-Astral

...I find modern religion corrupted, no matter which religion we talk about. Too much time has passed since the founders lived and the clergy has corrupted the true teachings with personal, political and money agendas over the millenia. This phenomenon was predicted by all the founders of orthodox religions too.

With all due respect, what you preach is also a religion.

No religion means no words and preaching to others. However teaching to those are are keen to learn is a different story. The Buddha did teach, the problem is what followed after his passing. Too many words, too many rules and way too much dogma.

Things are simple: be yourself, listen to yourself, watch your mind changes, be aware of your internal energy and your organs, listen and interact with the natural forces, be good to others and abandon the idea that you is something tangible. Anything else is clutter.

I would agree it's definately becoming a religion, of course thats just from what i've read/heard. I definately agree with alot of what the "teachings" say. Cultivating mind is something thats missing in alot of energy development and cultivating body is missing in alot of moral development. However the idea that every desire is an "attachment" and is thus a "bad thing" is a dangerous concept. Mankind being invaded by aliens, using computers to control humanity, that stuff been prophesied in other cultures (though i can't reveal which), and alot of what he says is true, except the concept that desire is a "bad" thing.

When desire is labeled as bad you lose your sense of self and become easier to manipulate. When anything you want to do is "bad" and following what authority says is "good", that right there is a form of mind control. Li may very well be one of the "aliens" he warns about :lol: :lol: :lol: But in all seriousness, I have deeply explored the meaning of existence for myself, and it seems that the purpose of existence is to feel/experience and is driven by desire. Every action is driven by desire, whether it be yours or someone else's. The goal is to have enuff wisdom to discern which actions bring which experiences so that you can feel the best things. Perhaps I'm wrong.

but again, I agree that people nowadays are "out of control" in the literal sense that they have little self control and are "slaves" of certain influences. I also agree that we should all be focusing on self development, energy mind and body. It's just when authority comes into this...things get messy.

With all due respect, what you preach is also a religion.

No religion means no words and preaching to others. However teaching to those are are keen to learn is a different story. The Buddha did teach, the problem is what followed after his passing. Too many words, too many rules and way too much dogma.

Things are simple: be yourself, listen to yourself, watch your mind changes, be aware of your internal energy and your organs, listen and interact with the natural forces, be good to others and abandon the idea that you is something tangible. Anything else is clutter.

First of all, FD is not a religion - yet. Later is another story.

Buddha and Jesus never started a religion, it was long after they were gone that some everyday people started the religions based on some of their teachings. Later christianity got political and has virtually nothing to do with Jesus teachings anymore. Buddhism is better but also has modern problems.

Master Li has seen this problem and therefore he has created all the scriptures of FD by himself, so FD can not get corrupted in the future - when it will become a religion.

FD is still a formless cultivation school meaning that anyone anywhere can cultivate on their own no matter what they do in life. No priests, no religious forms, no worshipping, no organization, no membership, no money, no buildings. Of course many practitioners try to spread the word about the practice to other people so they can benefit from the advantages too.

After one has experienced FD it is very likely one will continue to cultivate in FD. The personal benefits are just outstanding from all perspectives.

I find it interesting that so many people have so many notions about FD even though they never read the book or performed the exercises. After one has tried it one may form an opinion which is more qualified.

Here is the book Zhuan Falun:

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/books.html

I give you right in the fact that nobody can be dragged into cultivation and you should look internally always. A wish to cultivate comes from your heart. If you have a heart for it you will start cultivating. Predestination counts for alot.

Hence the reason to spread the word about Dafa is not foremost to recruit new cultivators.

The predestined cultivators come anyway. The reason to spread the word is to save people. Many people have felt for many years a nagging feeling that something is going to happen soon. How low will mankind be allowed to sink before someone up there will intervene and rectify us once and for all?..

Did not all religions prophecise this event, where good people and evil people will be separated? Also Jesus and Buddha Shakyamuni did that.

FD being introduced now is a historic event(as mentioned in my last message) for mankind and everyone in the world should know FD exists and that FD is founded on Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truth-Compassion-Forbearance) and hence Falun Dafa is good.

In case one sticks to his old cultivation school or religion does not matter, what is important is that you know what FD is about - "Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is good" and therefore "Falun Dafa is good".

It is said that if you recite "Falun Dafa is good" while in trouble you will get lucky...

I would agree it's definately becoming a religion, of course thats just from what i've read/heard. I definately agree with alot of what the "teachings" say. Cultivating mind is something thats missing in alot of energy development and cultivating body is missing in alot of moral development. However the idea that every desire is an "attachment" and is thus a "bad thing" is a dangerous concept. Mankind being invaded by aliens, using computers to control humanity, that stuff been prophesied in other cultures (though i can't reveal which), and alot of what he says is true, except the concept that desire is a "bad" thing.

When desire is labeled as bad you lose your sense of self and become easier to manipulate. When anything you want to do is "bad" and following what authority says is "good", that right there is a form of mind control. Li may very well be one of the "aliens" he warns about :lol: :lol: :lol: But in all seriousness, I have deeply explored the meaning of existence for myself, and it seems that the purpose of existence is to feel/experience and is driven by desire. Every action is driven by desire, whether it be yours or someone else's. The goal is to have enuff wisdom to discern which actions bring which experiences so that you can feel the best things. Perhaps I'm wrong.

but again, I agree that people nowadays are "out of control" in the literal sense that they have little self control and are "slaves" of certain influences. I also agree that we should all be focusing on self development, energy mind and body. It's just when authority comes into this...things get messy.

I agree on FD becoming a religion later, not yet though.

The idea about eliminating your emotions and desires(at my level of understanding) is to break through your "shell".

After birth you form alot of postnatal notions, emotions and desires, all these make up your second self - your "shell", which is closely connected to your karma. If you have a head full of emotions and desires you are bound to create alot of karma while pursuing alot of things in life. Your pursuits of money, fame, sex, food&drinks, sleep, mental pleasures is likely to make other people suffer and hence you create karma for yourself with your desires. So your desires are in fact a "karma generator".

So you are right about what you say about "yourself-what I here refer to as your "shell"). Your "shell" needs your desires and emotions to survive. The question is, do you need or want your postnatal shell? I would say your shell is karmic and bad for you.

With many desires and emotions you will never reach stillness while meditating.

Ie during meditation you may think about women, hobbies, good food, news, enemies, friends, health troubles, money issues, how to achieve your goals in life etc etc.

All cultivation aims at eliminating all your desires and emotions, also the Buddhist religion has this aim according to their "Precept, Samadhi(meditation), Wisdom). So that is not a new idea, it exists in many religions. The difference is that in FD one points out all the attachments, emotions and desires that modern man has. To get to the heart of the matter and make people understand.

When your shell is broken through your true self will be born. The benevolent, compassionate and true person who is unaffected by human troubles and events. That is a mighty person. That person will do a very good job where he is working and he will be helpful and kind to everyone.

Always considerring others first before doing anything.

I believe such a person is very calm in his heart if other people try to take advantage of him. As a cultivator in FD you know that if someone slaps you you will gain virtue and loose karma - a very good deal. Hence one does not look at suffering like everyday people do. Everything is in fact inverted as a cultivator. It is an adventure very hard to describe and must be experienced.

A cultivator wants to increase virtue and reduce karma to be able to rise up higher. If other people help you do it for you - thank you.

That is why Jesus said: "If someone slaps me on the cheek I turn the other cheek to him". He wanted virtue too, he was a cultivator too.

About "authority" I believe that is a human concept. In fact the Master helps you rise up by giving you so many things and he is doing it only out of benevolence.

Edited by Gauss

Ok, RED LIGHT.

desire-

1. A wish or longing.

2. A request or petition.

3. The object of longing: My greatest desire is to go back home.

4. Sexual appetite; passion.

desires are not bad. Want proof? what about the desire to cultivate? is that bad? should one have no desire to cultivate?

What about the desire to live or be free? should we all just sit and not move and starve ourselves and let people use us like sock puppets?

You have misused the word "desire". Desire simply means a "want". If you want nothing then you do nothing. loss of desire means loss of life, loss of movement, loss of everything. If desire is such a bad thing why was this world created? why would anyone create it? surely there much have been a desire to create. Why has Li come out and taught the world FD? surely there must have been a desire to do so.

Also, i understand the desire to cultivate to high levels, i share that desire. I agree that much in this world is unfulfilling. Things like sex and drugs and food, when done to bring pleasure, are temporary fixes and do not last. HOWEVER the act in and of itself is not "bad". Its doing the act to fill a void that is unwise. In fact it can cause an addiction. Only a connection with God/Source can fill the void we have. Once we have that connection, however, things like food and sex mean little. They are enjoyed and discarded. It's when we over-invest emotionally that we suffer.

FD says that healing and helping others using energy is wrong, I would say that is folly. Love is the ULTIMATE energy. Christ himself went around healing others and taught how to heal. He taught that love is the most important thing (though I would say i needs to be tempered with wisdom and power), that sex is okay, that food is okay, etc etc. I think FD relating to Christ is in folly. It seems to be more related to the old testament, or the old Jewish way of things. It's very strict, dogmatic and seems to lack the "compassion" part of the 3 elements of FD. Love seems to be missing from the mix. What good is it if I cultivate to high levels and do nothing for the rest of humanity who suffers so? It is the desire to help others that is the basis of compassion. Christ came to this world to help us, buddha taught so he could help us. It' is this desire to help, the desire to love, that is the basis of compassion.

Law is for those who don't understand. Christ himself said there was only one law and that was love. I would go as far as to say the basis of existence is love. Because if not for love why would we live? Why even seek knowledge or power? If not to protect love why would knowledge or power even be necessary?

Kay thats all I have to say, i'm out

-Astral

PS: Don't get me wrong, I still believe in ALOT of what FD has to say, however when it comes to those two subjects I find much internal conflict.

Ok, RED LIGHT.

desire-

1. A wish or longing.

2. A request or petition.

3. The object of longing: My greatest desire is to go back home.

4. Sexual appetite; passion.

desires are not bad. Want proof? what about the desire to cultivate? is that bad? should one have no desire to cultivate?

What about the desire to live or be free? should we all just sit and not move and starve ourselves and let people use us like sock puppets?

You have misused the word "desire". Desire simply means a "want". If you want nothing then you do nothing. loss of desire means loss of life, loss of movement, loss of everything. If desire is such a bad thing why was this world created? why would anyone create it? surely there much have been a desire to create. Why has Li come out and taught the world FD? surely there must have been a desire to do so.

Also, i understand the desire to cultivate to high levels, i share that desire. I agree that much in this world is unfulfilling. Things like sex and drugs and food, when done to bring pleasure, are temporary fixes and do not last. HOWEVER the act in and of itself is not "bad". Its doing the act to fill a void that is unwise. In fact it can cause an addiction. Only a connection with God/Source can fill the void we have. Once we have that connection, however, things like food and sex mean little. They are enjoyed and discarded. It's when we over-invest emotionally that we suffer.

FD says that healing and helping others using energy is wrong, I would say that is folly. Love is the ULTIMATE energy. Christ himself went around healing others and taught how to heal. He taught that love is the most important thing (though I would say i needs to be tempered with wisdom and power), that sex is okay, that food is okay, etc etc. I think FD relating to Christ is in folly. It seems to be more related to the old testament, or the old Jewish way of things. It's very strict, dogmatic and seems to lack the "compassion" part of the 3 elements of FD. Love seems to be missing from the mix. What good is it if I cultivate to high levels and do nothing for the rest of humanity who suffers so? It is the desire to help others that is the basis of compassion. Christ came to this world to help us, buddha taught so he could help us. It' is this desire to help, the desire to love, that is the basis of compassion.

Law is for those who don't understand. Christ himself said there was only one law and that was love. I would go as far as to say the basis of existence is love. Because if not for love why would we live? Why even seek knowledge or power? If not to protect love why would knowledge or power even be necessary?

Kay thats all I have to say, i'm out

-Astral

PS: Don't get me wrong, I still believe in ALOT of what FD has to say, however when it comes to those two subjects I find much internal conflict.

This discussion gets bigger, briefly here a few words.

When I talk about the human emotions and desires I mean this:

http://www.mandarinbook.info/chinesewords/monosyllabic/buddhist_emotions.php

http://www.pureinsight.org/node/1633

When you start cultivation you are an everyday person. If you as an everyday person has a wish to cultivate up and transcend this dimension that is the best thought anyone can have. So everyone will help you. You may call that a desire but that is ok since you are an everyday person and just want to start raising your level.

The higher you go in cultivation the fewer desires and emotions you have left. So when approaching Arhat level you gain without effort, you just drop all your desires and emotions of everyday people and naturally walk towards God-hood.

That does NOT mean not working, not caring for family etc in society. Still you must be a very good person doing a great job in everyday society.

You just do not have the heart for typical human desires and worries and do not worry about anything, you are free basically and at a much higher level than everyday people.

About your healing ideas, that is a separate matter, we can discuss it in detail later.

FD cultivation is about you consummating, if you manage that your family will benefit too. And unintentional healing is ok, the pursuit for healing on a wide scale is not, at least not for everyday people.

An everyday person is supposed to have birth, sickness, old age and death.

A better way to help a person getting rid of his illnesses is to tell him about cherishing virtue. That way he will stop generating karma and hence have less diseases. Diseases are brought to people to make them eliminate some karma by suffering.

one is not allowed to alter society´s rules easily. After a person is healed he will likely go out again and create karma(his attachments have not been eliminated at all) so the benefits are limited unless he cherishes virtue.

And you will loose your Gong in the process of helping him(karma and Gong can be exchanged for one another). So people must learn to help themselves, that is the key to success. This way is a better way of showing compassion as I see it.

In short that is my level of understanding.

Edited by Gauss

A better way to help a person getting rid of his illnesses is to tell him about cherishing virtue. That way he will stop generating karma and hence have less diseases. Diseases are brought to people to make them eliminate some karma by suffering.

YES!!! Exactly, it's better to teach a man to fish than to just give him a fish (or sum saying like that). I totally agree with you there, and agree on not wasting energy healing those who wish not to change. HOWEVER, what about people who ARE changing, in transition? To use the fish analogy, the man know how to fish but he's still not so good at it, so you give him one or two hear and there till he gets good enuff to support himself? See where i'm coming from. To say "i'm not going to help ANYONE because I want all my power for me" seems INCREDIBLY self-centered and un-compassionate.

As for the emotions and desires...I still think there needs to be clarification, i'm not sure I understand 100%. The emotion of love is listed under there. Now sure you don't mean we shouldn't love ourselves, or love life or our neighbor? surely this must mean clingy romantic love, the kind that science has shown to light up the same parts of the brain as heroin. Or joy...thats means like excessive joy right? They're not suggesting we eliminate all emotion are they? If so then they're one step closer to fulfilling their own prophesy. Sooner or later Li will come out and say "Since you all have so much trouble eliminating attachments I have created these devices to help you eliminate them" and then give us the computer mind control thing he warned about. i mean emotions are part of a human life, surely we aren't meant to get rid of them. Without feeling we are just machines...easy to control machines at that.

Pardon my skepticism, but when I hear things like, "you must be emotionless, opinionless, and completely obediant" then a little red light goes off in my head. Surely even the Buddha felt emotions, like happiness or sadness even after enlightenment and Arhat and such. Even Christ shed tear of compassion for those who suffered in ignorance. I think what's being said is being mis-translated. Can you help clear this up?

I definately agree that most desires and emotions are a product of societal conditioning. Society programs us to respond certain ways using media, peer pressure, authority, etc. Like most guys are raised believing they should have sex as much as they can with as many women as they can...but have no idea why. it's sad really. When you really question life and break it down it's EXTREMELY simple, but people just make it harder than it has to be. Is this what you mean, the dropping of hindering desires like fame and fortune while focusing on good desires like cultivation and helping others?

Also when using the word "desire"...it's tricky because there's different degrees of desire. I think You mean strong desires. Someone who wants a sandwich so bad that they get angry if they can have it. What about if someone wants a sandwich but doesn't really care if they get one or not? That's detachment from the outcome, but it doesn't mean there's no effort, no desire to get a sandwich. And with emotions, I'm assuming you're talking about strong emotions, like when you say love...I think you mean like when you "love" someone so much that you suffer when you're not with them, as opposed to loving the feel of a cool breeze then letting it go and moving on. And happiness...I think you mean like getting hyper and over-excited rather than feeling pleased with yourself for handling a situation well. Hopefully you can clarify?

Thx for the info so far, I think one of the major things stopping people from exploring FD and actually enlightenment in general is just the misconceptions of the words used. Maybe if things are cleared up people will better understand what it's all about. Maybe not, who knows.

-Astral

PS-also, the falun that Li puts in your lower abdomen...does that naturally occur from doing the exercises + meditation + moral refinement? Or does he personally have to place it inside you?

PPS- so the goal of meditation is awareness and not trance... what about single point focus? When you focus on one thing so hard that other things fade away. For example when one meditation on dan tien or some chakra, they may hear it spin or feel it's energy...is that trance? wouldn't that just be heightening awareness to a powerful level? just curious what's meant by trance exactly and what practices would fall under such a category. thx again

a Buddha is a mighty God and does not think like a human being.... But he sees truth down here from high up there

Oh dear !

This sounds exactly like fundamentalist christianity.

The historical Buddha was a normal guy who discovered the cause of anguish and the way to extinguish it.

So much BS has been added since.

Oh dear !

This sounds exactly like fundamentalist christianity.

The historical Buddha was a normal guy who discovered the cause of anguish and the way to extinguish it.

Well, all cultivators are a "normal" guy at the beginning of their cultivation, but not towards the end of his life, that is my opinion at least...

The difference between a Buddha and an average cultivator is that their inborn quality is much higher and therefore they cultivate up much faster and reach higher realms.

I have not seen christians talking about Buddhas before, that is news to me. Normally they accept only two gods, Yahweh and Jesus.

Edited by Gauss

To say "i'm not going to help ANYONE because I want all my power for me" seems INCREDIBLY self-centered and un-compassionate.

True, however, FD does not advocate that from what I got out of it. How can I explain, hmmm, well I'm sure you heard the phrase "put on your oxygen mask before you put it on your child" from what I understand , it's something similar in FD, basically cultivate morality, increase your gong, and after reaching a certain level you will heal others automatically with your radiation. Basically transform self before you do others. In summary, till you reach a certain level, you are not allowed to use your gong and heal others. However, you can perform healing as long as you are not using your gong.

As an example, diid Yeshua performed healing and other miraculous feats, before he had the Christ consciousness or level? I don't think he just came out of the box and started performing miracles. He must have reached a certain level/state before he did miraculous feats.

My questions are:

1. What are the benchmarks for determining your level, how do you know when you can perform voluntary energy based healing?

2. How about using the universal energy and not using one's gong it that possible (via prayer - love, grace)?

The "religious" part of practice IMO serves as a container (or "vehicle" if you prefer) and links you to other people practicing same. I have never done sangha (sp?) apart from TTB's (which I'm almost sure no religious purist would approve of, but that suits me fine ;-))

I guess there must be a something that happens in a group that allows a practioner to go further in their own practice. Kind of like riding a wave, maybe?

I'd rather not do it in a religious setting because I don't think it's necessary and the risks IMO outweigh the benefits. To myself, obviously :)

True, however, FD does not advocate that from what I got out of it. How can I explain, hmmm, well I'm sure you heard the phrase "put on your oxygen mask before you put it on your child" from what I understand , it's something similar in FD, basically cultivate morality, increase your gong, and after reaching a certain level you will heal others automatically with your radiation. Basically transform self before you do others. In summary, till you reach a certain level, you are not allowed to use your gong and heal others. However, you can perform healing as long as you are not using your gong.

As an example, diid Yeshua performed healing and other miraculous feats, before he had the Christ consciousness or level? I don't think he just came out of the box and started performing miracles. He must have reached a certain level/state before he did miraculous feats.

My questions are:

1. What are the benchmarks for determining your level, how do you know when you can perform voluntary energy based healing?

2. How about using the universal energy and not using one's gong it that possible (via prayer - love, grace)?

I agree with you mostly on the first part. You need to get your Gong level up as high as possible. Since time is limited you have no Gong to waste on healing everyday people who will create new karma anyway since their attachments have not been eliminated.

1. The benchmarks are not "official" so to speak, nobody is permitted to know their Gong level before they reach enlightenment and unlocking gong(Kaigong). You will mostly know when you have Gong I believe(based on my personal experience and other practitioners experiences, maybe there are exceptions), when that type of energy comes you will feel it. If your third eye is open or closed it will give you alot of differences in your cultivation.

If third eye is open your cultivation speed is half of the speed compared to having third eye closed(it is more painful to cultivate with third eye closed and hence you raise your Gong level faster).

To say when one is allowed to heal other people´s diseases I guess one should not focus on it at all, just cultivate up your Gong level and you will notice that everyday people like to stay near to you(and in your house...) and there is no need for intentional healing. If you do intentional healing on many everyday people you will destroy Dafa and your own Gong level. To heal a cultivator should be another story. One has wisdom when one reaches those heights, I can not talk about that wisdom since I do not have it.

2. If you mean Qi energy it is said it can absolutely not heal anyone or anything. Only Gong can do it. People who actually can heal without being cultivators have Futi and are possessed by an animal or demon. They get Gong(energy) from the animal and he takes your essences from you in return, it is a trade. That is a terrible fate for the healer.

The above is just my personal reflections at my current level. There are many higher truths not reflected in my answer, only Zhuan Falun can give you truth at your current level.

Edited by Gauss

Adding BS to the teachings of a founder seems to be a common human trait. How can we be sure that we are not doing the same with Tao?

The difference between a Buddha and an average cultivator is that their inborn quality is much higher and therefore they cultivate up much faster and reach higher realms.

There is no such thing as higher and lower inborn quality. There are no higher and lower realms. There is nothing to be reached. Everything is right here, right now, just as it should be. Nothing needs to be fixed.

There is no such thing as higher and lower inborn quality. There are no higher and lower realms. There is nothing to be reached. Everything is right here, right now, just as it should be. Nothing needs to be fixed.

How did you reach this conclusion? You must have gone out of this dimension/consciousness in a great extent to be able to say that, like a gold fish leaving the water bowl into the ocean.

Yes, everything could be right here, but having everything here doesn't mean you are able to access everything right away. All the dimensions, levels of consciousness could be right here but I don't know who has access to all the dimensions from this reality. If you are perfectly happy and content you may not need to reach anywhere, but not everyone is...

What do you also mean by nothing needs to be fixed? I may be understanding in way that would lead me to say 'Obviously, you saw the need to intervene and 'fix' this discussion with your reply'

2. If you mean Qi energy it is said it can absolutely not heal anyone or anything. Only Gong can do it. People who actually can heal without being cultivators have Futi and are possessed by an animal or demon. They get Gong(energy) from the animal and he takes your essences from you in return, it is a trade. That is a terrible fate for the healer.

Ok then this brings up the question...what is qi?

Also there's another problem I've come across...If all it takes is for one to want supernatural powers for a demon to grant it to them...then why doesn't EVERYONE have supernatural powers? Certainly there's a piece of the equation missing. What are the mechanics of "Futi"? What are the signs/symptoms?

Also what is one's "essence"? Isn't our "essence" consciousness? Certainly you're not suggesting one can take that away.

And lastly if it is theorized that most people get energy from "animals" or "demons", then where can someone get energy that doesn't come from another source? From cultivation? What is cultivation? cultivation of what? Certainly we shouldn't have to rely on a single "master" to give us energy to cultivate. I remember Li saying that virtue comes from student, gong comes from master...that would mean everyone practicing FD gets their energy from Li himself...but if thats the case then where did he get his power? His master? then where did his master get power? It's a cycle like that, thus it cannot be so.

Sign in to follow this