McDaniels

Hello!

Hey guys. New here...

I've been an aspiring "taoist" for a while now. I don't really know what your opinions are on taoism. I'm not the best educated on the subject, but I've read the tao te ching 4 times now and I believe in a lot of its principles. I don't believe that there is one way to interpret things, especially ancient books like the tao te ching, so I might not have the same thoughts and beliefs as some of you guys. The bottom line is that I think that a lot of the messages that I got out of the book could help me become a better person, and thats why the book has a big impact on me.

That being said there are also parts of the book that I disagree with, but again, I'm not interested in being a strict "by the book" taoist. My goal is to practice the principles and values of taoism that I believe in and that I interpreted. Just kind of a disclaimer I suppose.

Anyway, if anyone could tell me how I become a member so that I can post in the other forums and start talking about taoism I would really appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

Hi McDaniels,

Welcome to the 'bums.

I'm not interested in being a strict "by the book" taoist.

I think you will enjoy yourself here :) and now that you have posted an introduction you have full access.

Have fun.

Welcome!

Tao Te Ching book was my starting point before enterring Falun Dafa cultivation which also includes the Taoist concepts. I wish you all the best. Becoming a good person is the first step towards achieving your potential.