can any one tell me the effects of bound lotus and if it is better than full lotus to open the third eye

Edited by Mal
Moved from Lobby

does any body know if meditating in bound lotus can open the microcosmic orbit and third eye and why they always only talk about full lotus and never talk about bound lotus

yea i can do it

Kudos.:)

It is the right way to do the full lotus, is what it is. Of course you can then release the hands and keep them in any mudra you like for the practice, but the correct position of the legs in full lotus is arrived at via the bound lotus maneuver. I can only do it when I practice diligently (unlike "just any" full lotus which I can do whether I practice or not.) Moreover, a bound lotus is, to me, a personal indicator of a balanced or unbalanced state I'm in in general (one side will be easy and the other side will be difficult). So, as all good practices, it's a body-mind-spirit owner's manual accurately describing the goings-on in your life... you learn to read as you go.

Wow. Hardcore pose man.

I myself prefer more mind oriented yoga over complicated postural yoga. Spine straight up is enough for me. Since vipassana style meditation was my original formal practice it stuck. Wonderful things you can do with vipassana. Cure a cold in 30 minutes instead of 3 days. Cure a hangover quickly too. Learn many things about your heart mind and body.

..But then again this could be taken to a very deep level too. Have to try it and see what my body tells me about it.

I hear that there are miraculous things attributed to bound lotus though.

yea i can do it

_/\_ Sweet, I can't :lol:

Perhaps try just one for a decent period of time, then the other and see if you can feel any significant difference between them i.e. get into your body and how it responds.

Dang! I have to admit I never heard of the bound lotus before. I can just about do a lotus handstand, but I'm definitely not flexible enough in the shoulders to get my arms around the back like that. One side I can alllmost do :rolleyes: maybe too much weight lifting <_<

I came across this web page last night, looks interesting:

Bound Lotus Kriya

I would guess that touching the ting points (meridian terminals) at the tips of the fingers to those on the toes of the opposite foot would open up some energetic circuits that are normally not connected.

I came across this web page last night, looks interesting:

Bound Lotus Kriya

I would guess that touching the ting points (meridian terminals) at the tips of the fingers to those on the toes of the opposite foot would open up some energetic circuits that are normally not connected.

That's how I get into it -- by grabbing my big toes. I never thought of the points activated in the process (thanks!), I just learned it from a picture that showed someone holding the big toes, and discovered it's the easiest way.:)