Sign in to follow this  
NeiChuan

Bottomless pit/stretching Feeling.

Hey all. Lately I've been having a sensation I thought had ended a long time ago..

Basically it feels similar to when your dreaming and are falling.. But it happens when im concious, often sitting,sometimes standing.

It hasn't happened for about a year till just recently.. It stopped all together, thing is I had a big case of Vertigo? Im still not sure what, and this falling or stretching way out sensation had started..

Anyone have any idea?

Suggestions for "things" to get checked because linked to issues with perception of where one's body is in space/related to other things in space:

- eyes

- inner ear

I had it for a while when falling asleep. The "landing" would wake me up. It was just a muscle jerk but the way I experienced it was as a fall then a bump.

I find my "chi" dropping down a lot when I am sitting still. I can also sink it at will. If you could try to replicate the experience, what would you have to do?

Suggestions for "things" to get checked because linked to issues with perception of where one's body is in space/related to other things in space:

- eyes

- inner ear

I had it for a while when falling asleep. The "landing" would wake me up. It was just a muscle jerk but the way I experienced it was as a fall then a bump.

I find my "chi" dropping down a lot when I am sitting still. I can also sink it at will. If you could try to replicate the experience, what would you have to do?

It sounds really similar, the closest explaination I would think is it feels like im separating from my body.

The only way I can replicate it? Hm well its happened standing even listening to friends talk, often when im sitting.. Sometimes if I deeply relax it will come on and sort of start, I have to admit when it goes to far I panic a bit and become active so it goes away.

When I meditate I use to expect it would happen.. It'd happen routinely everyday pretty much, after about 40 minutes of meditation and it would happen and I'd be able to relax into it alot longer then I would have been able to otherwise..

Very strange I know, its been about 5 years and I still don't know whats up. Before meditation I was never able to really call on it though.

- eyes

- inner ear

I agree -- check for possible physical problems (including anemia). If these are excluded, acknowledge the feeling as a very early somatosensory memory unblocked by whatever practices or emotions can reach deep and partially connect something of the entirety of your life's experience stored therein.

I say "partially" because a complete connection eliminates the unresolved feeling, in my experience. I had a very similar thing going on a bunch of years ago, when my unconscious memories started kicking in and intruding into consciousness (for reasons I won't go into here). The jolts, in particular, started happening many times a day and driving me nuts -- I called them "private earthquakes" -- they were every bit as unsettling as "public" ones, more so because I was alone in the tectonic zone. OK, so after some deep feeling work, the memory connected and the feeling was gone permanently. The memory turned out to have been WAY early. My mother fell on her butt once when she was pregnant with me. I asked her later and she confirmed it, accurately describing the outer circumstances of what I experienced from the inside. She was shaken, scared and upset -- which is why I got all these feelings transmitted to me (there's a direct exchange of stress hormones between the mother and the fetus) and the sensation of the jolt was therefore always accompanied by these emotions.

I'm not saying this is what happened in your case. Everybody has their own early real-life events imprinted in their systemic memory. Some babies were dropped. Some were pushed, shaken, turned upside down and slapped as soon as they were born, the list of possibilities is very long. Everybody remembers, few know they do... Practices that activate some latent, dormant systems and functions can activate some latent, hidden memories embedded in these systems and functions. Most will produce only sensations and ideation to explain them away. Few will produce systemic conscious connections. Many legends and myths of humanity are based on this peculiar phenomenon...

I agree -- check for possible physical problems (including anemia). If these are excluded, acknowledge the feeling as a very early somatosensory memory unblocked by whatever practices or emotions can reach deep and partially connect something of the entirety of your life's experience stored therein.

I say "partially" because a complete connection eliminates the unresolved feeling, in my experience. I had a very similar thing going on a bunch of years ago, when my unconscious memories started kicking in and intruding into consciousness (for reasons I won't go into here). The jolts, in particular, started happening many times a day and driving me nuts -- I called them "private earthquakes" -- they were every bit as unsettling as "public" ones, more so because I was alone in the tectonic zone. OK, so after some deep feeling work, the memory connected and the feeling was gone permanently. The memory turned out to have been WAY early. My mother fell on her butt once when she was pregnant with me. I asked her later and she confirmed it, accurately describing the outer circumstances of what I experienced from the inside. She was shaken, scared and upset -- which is why I got all these feelings transmitted to me (there's a direct exchange of stress hormones between the mother and the fetus) and the sensation of the jolt was therefore always accompanied by these emotions.

I'm not saying this is what happened in your case. Everybody has their own early real-life events imprinted in their systemic memory. Some babies were dropped. Some were pushed, shaken, turned upside down and slapped as soon as they were born, the list of possibilities is very long. Everybody remembers, few know they do... Practices that activate some latent, dormant systems and functions can activate some latent, hidden memories embedded in these systems and functions. Most will produce only sensations and ideation to explain them away. Few will produce systemic conscious connections. Many legends and myths of humanity are based on this peculiar phenomenon...

Thats really really interesting you say that.

It only started happening after an episode I had, I must have post/mentioned it about 2 or 3 times already. One more time won't hurt I guess ^_^ .

Anyway I got sick for 3 days, went to the hospital the 3rd night but felt suddenly fine. Then later in the hospital I began to feel that sort of drop while sitting and felt like something was going to happen (I actually forgot about this). So I get up and my sight and hearing begin to sort of flicker off and on every couple of seconds.

Pretty much after that whenever I thought of the situation I would feel this sensation we mentioned above and or the feeling of what I had in the hospital (temp blindness and such).

That was about 5 years ago.

"separating from my body"

Disassociation?

Funnily enough I was just talking to someone else about such things when TaoMeow's post landed. Good call, exactly what I'm on about :lol:

"separating from my body"

Disassociation?

Funnily enough I was just talking to someone else about such things when TaoMeow's post landed. Good call, exactly what I'm on about :lol:

What's Really funny is your the second person today I've seen say "Funnily", I didn't even know that was a word :lol:

Sign in to follow this