windblown

Simple Girl

I like sunflowers and rain. I like coffee in the morning. I listen to the fan in my room.

I don't understand much on this web site as it is over my head but I like to try and

get some of it. I love my family and I love me and the whole world is everything and

nothing. My name is 'me not Me.'

Taoists ain't easy to love and they're harder to hold.

They'd rather give you a poem than diamonds or gold.

Yin-yang belt buckles and old faded robes,

And each night begins a new day.

If you don't understand her, an' she don't eat rice,

She'll prob'ly just ride away.

Taoists like smoky old pool rooms and clear mountain mornings,

Little warm puppies and children and meditatin' all night.

Them that don't know her won't like her and them that do,

Sometimes won't know how to take her,

She ain't wrong, she's just different but his pride won't let her,

Do things to make you think she's right.

:P

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

To refine the virtue of simplicity, I recommend you read "Hamiltonian and Lagrangian Flows on Center Manifolds: with Applications to Elliptic Variational Problems" by Alexander Mielke. This should smooth things out. Then read "Principles and Practice of Psychiatric Rehabilitation: An Empirical Approach" by Patrick W. Corrigan, PsyD.

Then you'll want to spend several months drinking heavily. This should do the trick. Welcome to the board! :D

Well Windblown,

All that you said of yourself sounds pretty Taoist to me.

You go ahead and be you.

Peace & Love!

I like sunflowers and rain. I like coffee in the morning. I listen to the fan in my room.

I don't understand much on this web site as it is over my head but I like to try and

get some of it. I love my family and I love me and the whole world is everything and

That sounds too complicated for me. I have no sunflowers, and it's usually sunny where I am. The only things I drink are tea or pure water.

Yea it's way too complicated!

It's too complicated to drink anything at all. For one thing, it's dangerous... you have to learn to swallow just so or else you can drown! And it means you have to actually pay some attention to your body, what a drag! The body, ugh... which according to the foremost pop spiritual authorities is a figment of your mind's imagination to begin with! And then you have to perpetuate this useless nonexistent illusion by messing with all those wells, faucets, bottles, glasses, cups, it's so materialistic, so unenlightened, and sooooo complicated!

:lol:

Hi Simple Girl,

thank you for introducing yourself. Let me do likewise:

I'm a complicated woman. I like sunflowers and rain except when sunflowers are sprayed with pesticides and rain is mixed with oil and Corexit. I like coffee at all times, and I make it in a cezve -- it's simpler than a coffee maker but you may have to look it up. I choose the quietest fan for my room but any fan is always too loud. I understand most of this site, but when I first arrived here I didn't. I love my family and I love me and the whole world is everything and nothing has nothing to do with anything. My name is not me. But I am me.

:)

It's too complicated to drink anything at all. For one thing, it's dangerous... you have to learn to swallow just so or else you can drown! And it means you have to actually pay some attention to your body, what a drag! The body, ugh... which according to the foremost pop spiritual authorities is a figment of your mind's imagination to begin with! And then you have to perpetuate this useless nonexistent illusion by messing with all those wells, faucets, bottles, glasses, cups, it's so materialistic, so unenlightened, and sooooo complicated!

I know!! True Taoists use their hands to drink, and they don't learn how to swallow because it's too dualistic.

Actually I take that back...they just open their mouths when it's raining out. Using your hands isn't wu wei enough.

*says as he sips sweet tea from McDonalds*

(...true taoists) ...they just open their mouths when it's raining out. Using your hands isn't wu wei enough.

Turkeys do that too.

This thread is already too complicated for me.

I'm not sure if I should be reading an introduction, refining my virtue, drinking water from my hands, be myself, hold warm puppies(there's something in that one I'll leave alone), drink some tea...or not drink some tea, or buy a noisy but quiet fan.

This Daoism stuff is hard work if you ask me! :blink:

Now for something, dare I say it, more simple. Here's a multiple choice question:

In order to try to be a simple Daoist, do you

A. Drink tea

B. Not drink tea

c. Drink tea from your hands

d. Cultivate virtue

e. play with puppies

f. All of the above

Welcome to the board Windblown, simplicity is the most complex thing of all. I'm guessing that's what people are trying to show you. There's nothing more stimulating around here than simple complexity. :wacko:

So why do you come here for? Just leave as you came and keep being a simple girl (nothing wrong with that). :)

I'm sure since she's windblown she will leave just as soon as she came.

That's too bad...I really like the wind.