Our Own Suffering

The ignorant

create their own agonies

when they allow

their desire, greed and hatred

to turn the fiction in their minds

into the reality of suffering.

Tao Te Ching #79

Most suffering is of our own minds. To blame causes a cycle that does not (maybe will eventually) end.

To blame is very human. To forgive is divine.

Just some thoughts that seem to bubble up as I comb the board this morning. Reflecting upon times past where I thought that I was one hundred percent right about everything.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Yeah, I think that suffering is only second to fear as far as blockages preventing us from living our life to it fullest potential. And I suppose it is true that we cause most of our own suffering by having unrealistic desires and hold to negativities of the past.

We all need lighten up. Life really can be a bowl of cherries without the stones.

Peace & Love!

I blame all my suffering on all of you. :o

Thank you Blasto. But I am strong. I shall bear your suffering.

Now let it go and get on with your life, damn it!

Peace & Love!

Most suffering is of our own minds.

This has been my primary message to people for years!

The ignorant

create their own agonies

when they allow

Tao Te Ching #79

Most suffering is of our own minds. To blame causes a cycle that does not (maybe will eventually) end.

Just some thoughts that seem to bubble up as I comb the board this morning. Reflecting upon times past where I thought that I was one hundred percent right about everything.

Let me reply to this tomorrow. It's my day off and feeling lazy to write a lot. Will give you my personal point of view on this complex subject it and not taken from a 500 pages Buddhist sutra.

Great posts everyone.

Let me reply to this tomorrow. It's my day off and feeling lazy to write a lot. Will give you my personal point of view on this complex subject it and not taken from a 500 pages Buddhist sutra.

I would like to hear it;look forward to it.

Pink Light

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

The ignorant

create their own agonies

when they allow

Tao Te Ching #79

Marcus Aurelius, Jesus Christ and the Buddha agree with you. I say you are in good company.

Sign in to follow this