skyfly

Master Wang LIping's seminar in SC

master Wang Liping is a "dragon" -- the 19th Transmitter of the Dragon Gate school, to be precise;

since Master Wang Liping is powerful and wise (

WLP is not recognised by

Chinese Taoist Association (Chinese: 中国道教协会), founded in April 1957, is the main association of Taoism in the People's Republic of China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daoist_Association_of_China

its an equivalent of claiming to be a catholic cardinal but failing to mention not to be recognised by the pope. Or failing to mention that there is a pope.

http://dao-de.org/

on his page he is very careful not to claim any endorsement by the Taoist Association or to refer to it at all. Obviously, being wise involves to be precise about who not to mess with.

Edited by TianShi

WLP is not recognised by

Chinese Taoist Association (Chinese: 中国道教协会), founded in April 1957, is the main association of Taoism in the People's Republic of China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daoist_Association_of_China

its an equivalent of claiming to be a catholic cardinal but failing to mention not to be recognised by the pope. Or failing to mention that there is a pope.

http://dao-de.org/

on his page he is very careful not to claim any endorsement by the Taoist Association or to refer to it at all. Obviously, being wise involves to be precise about who not to mess with.

Is the Association recognised by any serious Taoists? Aren't the main Buddhist and Taoist association controlled by the government and thus effectively not really serious?

中国前领导人曾推荐王力平给俄国前总统叶利钦治病和教授其道家养生术。《俄罗斯华人

报》曾作报道。中国道教协会曾多次邀请王力平先生在陕西楼观台、海南玉蟾宫和金华黄大

仙祖宫讲授道家修炼内功术。

and:

Jinhua Taoist Association invited Mr. Wang Liping, the 18th transmitter of Dragon Gate Taoism Branch, as the main coach to organize the Taoism Culture and Health Summer Camp in immortal Huang (Huang DaXian) birth palace of Jinhua Double Dragon scenic area.

Edited by MarcD

中国前领导人曾推荐王力平给俄国前总统叶利钦治病和教授其道家养生术。《俄罗斯华人

报》曾作报道。中国道教协会曾多次邀请王力平先生在陕西楼观台、海南玉蟾宫和金华黄大

仙祖宫讲授道家修炼内功术。

The China Daoist Association many times invited Mr. Wang Liping in the Shanxi building platform for observing astronomical phenomena, the Hainan jade moon and the Jinhua Huangdaxian ancestor palace to teach the Taoism practice internal strength technique.

Edited by MarcD

Why cant Wang Liping speak for Himself on the forum ? He's not God is he ?

All the material from the previous and the upcoming seminars is already freely avaible on chinese forums.

http://www.qigongworld.net/

http://www.360doc.com/content/10/0202/09/349947_14903754.shtml

http://www.3qing.org/Activety/show-148.htm

Are just some examples. Non mandarin speaking must use google translate.

With much higher level techniques being discussed openly to beginners i might add. As these forums contain some current but many ex longmenpai students then You can be sure to get an honest answer.

Unless there is going to be some serious energy transfer or transmission from master Wang then i wouldnt even bother attending.

Just out of curiosity, don't you think a high level master would have better things to do than spend all his time scanning every possible forum in every country of the world just in case he might be able to answer a few questions from some random nobody?

Maybe he would prefer to, I dunno, train himself or his actual students? Or maybe you're so very special that HE should search for YOU instead of taking care of his family and living his life? :blink:

• Like 1

While I'm glad you think TTB is special, we are just a little net forum. No reason why anyone should speak here.

And given our track record for crucifying any "known" person who does post here I'm not surprised if they are actually motivated to stay away <_<

Having an emissary seems to be the "safest" way to talk here (eg kathyli in the 2009 thread)

All the material from the previous and the upcoming seminars is already freely avaible on chinese forums.

http://www.qigongworld.net/

http://www.360doc.com/content/10/0202/09/349947_14903754.shtml

http://www.3qing.org/Activety/show-148.htm

Are just some examples. Non mandarin speaking must use google translate.

With much higher level techniques being discussed openly to beginners i might add. As these forums contain some current but many ex longmenpai students then You can be sure to get an honest answer.

Unless there is going to be some serious energy transfer or transmission from master Wang then i wouldnt even bother attending.

Thanks for this post summary. I excitingly saw the recent photos of many friends in the link 3 who started to practice Lingbao following Master Wang 20 years ago.

The question is that why they still attended master's seminar after 20 years? Master wang's Longmenpai Qigong is easily learned or more interesting with long-time personal experiencing? If they learned well by relying on several paragraph of chinese words, why they kept being trained in the seminars even after 20 years? Didn't they get any benefit from LINGBAOTONG in the past two decades?

It is noted those Chinese guys always do that way. As a foreigners who want to study LINGBAoTONG well, isn't it apparently absurd to use google translate to get so called honest answer for Chinese 5000-year traditional culture, although LINGBAOTONG is only a part of Chinese traditional culture. This means what Daomiao told that Chicken is playing with Dragon.

Thanks for this post summary. I excitingly saw the recent photos of many friends in the link 3 who started to practice Lingbao following Master Wang 20 years ago.

The question is that why they still attended master's seminar after 20 years? Master wang's Longmenpai Qigong is easily learned or more interesting with long-time personal experiencing? If they learned well by relying on several paragraph of chinese words, why they kept being trained in the seminars even after 20 years? Didn't they get any benefit from LINGBAOTONG in the past two decades?

It is noted those Chinese guys always do that way. As a foreigners who want to study LINGBAoTONG well, isn't it apparently absurd to use google translate to get so called honest answer for Chinese 5000-year traditional culture, although LINGBAOTONG is only a part of Chinese traditional culture. This means what Daomiao told that Chicken is playing with Dragon.

20 years lol. Thats absurd.

You say Twenty years training and they still must return constantly after so long ? Something sounds very wrong there right away. I suppose thats because they learnt nothing of any real value to begin with right ?

On a serious note, just Imagine what one could truly learn in 20 years with a teacher like wang liping.

And yes i agree, using google translate is ridiculous and They (The Forum Members) should not be subject to this treatment.....but what else can they do since you prefer to argue instead of sharing some positive info about your Pai and Techniques ?

Please dont let my comments alone spoil it for the rest. Speak for christs sakes man

Edited by TheTaoBum

"don't you think a high level master would have better things to do than spend all his time"

- I suggest that for "high-level" masters "time" may have taken on a different meaning than the one I often ascribe.

"scanning every possible forum in every country of the world"

- I guess if I were a real master, I wouldn't need to attempt such "hit and miss" online to find anyone.

"just in case he might be able to answer a few questions"

- being able to answer questions is IMO a very great skill. I'm not kidding :ph34r:

"from some random nobody?"

- I don't really know what to say about the last part except "Wow" it is as I thought. People ARE actually random! I dunno about you but I spent all that time trying to figure stuff/me out. Totally pointless :)

- as for being a "nobody" - well, I dunno. Smacks of "secret teaching" to me :excl:

On a serious note, just Imagine what one could truly learn in 20 years with a teacher like wang liping.

Exactly, you would go to every seminar you possible could, regardless of the subject. And fundamentals should never be mistaken for basics. Time invested in fundamentals is never wasted.

While not famous I've been to small seminars lead by skilled people covering both the spiritual and physical spectrum. The "experience" of being in proximity to those people is as much from just feeling; being present; as the actual spoken words.

Well, I can't speak for Master Wang nor the Laozi academy, but I do know a bit about practice and some of the people involved. So I will be happy to answer any questions anyone might have here.

Some questions I saw,

(1) "Master Wang not recognized by the Daoist association" : This is absolutely true because Master Wang is not even a member of the Daoist association. So if you are looking for any association endorsed personnel, you can contact the association through their official website.

(2) "20 years of practice and still going to the seminars" : I do know that Master Wang has many students, some have first attended his class perhaps more than 20 years ago. This is nothing strange, I would still go to Master Wang class 20 years from now (given that i have the time and money) if he is still teaching because each seminar/class is a rare chance to learn from him and he only teaches a few times a year. So what do these people have after 20 years? I don't know because I never asked them. But 20 years is just a quantity, how much actual practice does one do is more important. For example, I started learning in 2008 but alas being a lazy person, I can only serious say that perhaps I have practice hard for a few months over 2 years, I have no illusion on getting any amazing result.

The bottom-line is Master Wang is offering an extremely high quality set of practices for a health and wellness, both physical and spiritual health. If you fantasize on getting superpower from a seminar or you thought you would be like what is described in Opening the Dragongate, then i suggest you to save your money, it's not gonna happen.

If you want superpower, you should go to people who offer to teach them like David Verdesi, Falun Gong etc :P.

p.s. I will be away from the interweb in the next few days, if you have any question please ask, I will answer them when I get back.

master Wang Liping is a "dragon" -- the 19th Transmitter of the Dragon Gate school, to be precise;

Would it not be more correct to say that he is a 19th generation holder of the Dragon Gate lineage? It is my understanding that in terms of the Wudang Longmen, at least, there are are a number of lineage holders in the 19th generation.

Also, on this I am not clear, but my hunch from living in China is that the Chinese Daoist Association is in charge of official Daoist matters related to temple affairs. Since Master Wang is not a left-home (monastic) practitioner and not a major religious leader, his activities would not need endorsement from this organization unless he were teaching in temples or distributing literature there. Furthermore, I suspect that non-members can teach at or participate in events in temples, as well as distribute literature there, provided they have approval of the Chinese Daoist Association. Further again, there are certainly teachers and literature circulating legally in China that can be called Daoist to varying degrees, but which lack the endorsement of the official governing body.

The Chinese Daoist Association is headquartered in the White Cloud Monastery in Beijing and you can be certain that the government's voice is heard in Chinese temples--just try staying in many (but not all) Buddhist and Daoist temples if you lack Chinese citizenship, for example. That a non-monastic teacher would have neither the need nor the desire to embroil himself in government red tape is more than imaginable. It is incredibly inconvenient in all realms of life. Additionally, the Daoist Association's scope may simply not include teachers like Wang, or, if it does, the organization lacks the time and resources to be bothered keeping tabs on him, provided he does not run afoul of the government. If he starts preaching the downfall of the Communist Party, however, be sure that His Dragon-ness will be flying West and applying for asylum with the quickness (miraculous qigong healing powers make nabbing that foreign passport pretty easy, though!).

Would it not be more correct to say that he is a 19th generation holder of the Dragon Gate lineage? It is my understanding that in terms of the Wudang Longmen, at least, there are are a number of lineage holders in the 19th generation.

Also, on this I am not clear, but my hunch from living in China is that the Chinese Daoist Association is in charge of official Daoist matters

Walker, that is correct ; as are the rest of yr points. However, one crucial matter remains glossed over in this discussion: namely, his claim to be associated with Longmen in any capacity. Be it a holder, transmitter..whatever those mean.

Without an independent verification, not to speak of recognition by the main taoist body- those remain self-appointed titles. He is not necesserily an impostor ( miracles do happen , after all) but he is definetely no more than a pretender to those titles.

Exactly, you would go to every seminar you possible could, regardless of the subject. And fundamentals should never be mistaken for basics. Time invested in fundamentals is never wasted.

While not famous I've been to small seminars lead by skilled people covering both the spiritual and physical spectrum. The "experience" of being in proximity to those people is as much from just feeling; being present; as the actual spoken words.

Very true to both points.

As fo meditating with / in the presence of a high level master - it is just mind-blowing experience. I can only imagine what qi-field can be generated when several high-level practitioners get together. So gathering of long-time students should be something...

Well, I can't speak for Master Wang nor the Laozi academy, but I do know a bit about practice and some of the people involved. So I will be happy to answer any questions anyone might have here.

Some questions I saw,

(1) "Master Wang not recognized by the Daoist association" : This is absolutely true because Master Wang is not even a member of the Daoist association. So if you are looking for any association endorsed personnel, you can contact the association through their official website.

(2) "20 years of practice and still going to the seminars" : I do know that Master Wang has many students, some have first attended his class perhaps more than 20 years ago. This is nothing strange, I would still go to Master Wang class 20 years from now (given that i have the time and money) if he is still teaching because each seminar/class is a rare chance to learn from him and he only teaches a few times a year. So what do these people have after 20 years? I don't know because I never asked them. But 20 years is just a quantity, how much actual practice does one do is more important. For example, I started learning in 2008 but alas being a lazy person, I can only serious say that perhaps I have practice hard for a few months over 2 years, I have no illusion on getting any amazing result.

The bottom-line is Master Wang is offering an extremely high quality set of practices for a health and wellness, both physical and spiritual health. If you fantasize on getting superpower from a seminar or you thought you would be like what is described in Opening the Dragongate, then i suggest you to save your money, it's not gonna happen.

If you want superpower, you should go to people who offer to teach them like David Verdesi, Falun Gong etc :P.

p.s. I will be away from the interweb in the next few days, if you have any question please ask, I will answer them when I get back.

Normally, those Dao friends don't talk too much about what they have obtained after so many-year practice.

You will never know if you have no close relations to them and/or don't show your results obtained.

To my best knowledge, some friends have indeed obtained special techniques, for example, someguy can be sitting for half-month and keep enjoying this kind of cultivation process, one guy even finally had to resign from a leader position in government in order to pursue the way; some guy can control other people by his internal art; cultivation reports prepared by practitioners are always sealed in confidential envelops and personally handed in Master Wang so it is hard to imagine how high the co-practitioners have reached levels... I think even if you are several-year practitioners,it is still pretty hard to see the process...

That is why the way exists, but seems to be invisible to say, to touch.

Hopefully those can be positive information.

Here's a good one for Master Wang, what about vasectomy and spiritual cultivation? Of course nobody wants any more roadblocks than we already have - physical, energetic, or otherwise ;) Safe?

"don't you think a high level master would have better things to do than spend all his time"

- I suggest that for "high-level" masters "time" may have taken on a different meaning than the one I often ascribe.

"scanning every possible forum in every country of the world"

- I guess if I were a real master, I wouldn't need to attempt such "hit and miss" online to find anyone.

"just in case he might be able to answer a few questions"

- being able to answer questions is IMO a very great skill. I'm not kidding :ph34r:

"from some random nobody?"

- I don't really know what to say about the last part except "Wow" it is as I thought. People ARE actually random! I dunno about you but I spent all that time trying to figure stuff/me out. Totally pointless :)

- as for being a "nobody" - well, I dunno. Smacks of "secret teaching" to me :excl:

I knew I liked you :D :D

I was merely trying to point out how absurd it is to expect someone to answer questions on a forum when he has no connection to and likely no knowledge of said forum. Even more so to make it sound like he has some sort of character flaw for not doing so. We're all 'random nobodies' to those we've never met.

Its hard enough finding any qigong students willing to talk about their art (not only longmenpai). So any and all answers are greatly appreciated ken & youzfive.

Indeed Master wangs training took a lifetime. He was prepared slowly to be the keeper of secrets by the taoist wizards and successor of this many great arts. So of course the training must be very slow,delicate & precise.

But for the average joe..... 5 years is plenty of time to develop a very high standard of inner power i feel ( If master wang chose to help you properly).

My feeling is that whoever is in charge are only throwing out the crumbs for us to eat.

Thanks.

Edited by TheTaoBum

It's true that Master Wang is only teaching maybe not even 10% of what he knows. Alas, I personally find that what has been taught is already enough for me to practice and enjoy for many many years.

Its hard enough finding any qigong students willing to talk about their art (not only longmenpai). So any and all answers are greatly appreciated ken & youzfive.

Indeed Master wangs training took a lifetime. He was prepared slowly to be the keeper of secrets by the taoist wizards and successor of this many great arts. So of course the training must be very slow,delicate & precise.

But for the average joe..... 5 years is plenty of time to develop a very high standard of inner power i feel ( If master wang chose to help you properly).

My feeling is that whoever is in charge are only throwing out the crumbs for us to eat.

Thanks.

It's true that Master Wang is only teaching maybe not even 10% of what he knows. Alas, I personally find that what has been taught is already enough for me to practice and enjoy for many many years.

And even this less-than-10% is way more than Longmen school ever taught to the general public in the past 800 years. Alchemical taoism has never been a mass consumption product. Anyone who "wants it all and wants it now" better go to the local all-you-can-eat buffet instead of WLP's seminar.

And even this less-than-10% is way more than Longmen school ever taught to the general public in the past 800 years. Alchemical taoism has never been a mass consumption product. Anyone who "wants it all and wants it now" better go to the local all-you-can-eat buffet instead of WLP's seminar.

Yes i think your both right. Its not a buffet & we have to follow the tradition, as hard is it may be at times.

Thanks for the patience all.

Yes i think your both right. Its not a buffet & we have to follow the tradition, as hard is it may be at times.

Thanks for the patience all.

All discussions sound quite helpful,although the way can be felt and is hard to tell and touch! Today I again read through <<Opening the Dragongate -- the Making of a Modern Taoist Wizard>>.

The retreat was very well worth every penny. The most important thing was having a chance to talk to master Wang and asked questions directly. Even those who paid thousands to attend master Wang's public retreat in China didn't have a chance to talk to him. We learned and practiced the 3 "Gongs" from Master Wang's teaching of Ling-Bao Internal Arts. The instructions are well prepared. We even had a chance to learn and practice the newly introduced "Nine Palace Baqua Stepping" method. The group meditation session in baqua formation was powerful. The introduction to "Secret of Golden Flower" is well explained. Wished we have more time to practice it. Heard from Kathy that Master Wang may consider to come to the States to hold a 2 week long retreat if there are enough interests. A sign-up sheet, anyone?