Encephalon

The sensation of another human presence, while completely alone?

I don't know how to completely describe this but it's happening with greater frequency, maybe 4-6 times a week. As you know, I'm a critical thinking junkie so I'm assuming that there is a rational explanation for this to be unravelled by the mysteries of internal alchemy.

I am frequently overwhelmed with the sensation of being in close proximity of another human being when alone. There is an undeniable olfactory element; the odor has a ring of familiarity to it and then it begins to dissipate. What lingers for another ten seconds or so is a psychological feeling that involves smell, emotion, and very old memory. If I had the time I'd use these sensations to write a short ghost story about someone who is visited by disembodied spirits looking for a way back to an earth-bound plane. No, I don't see dead people, and I don't think this is the sixth sense, but I can only assume this is a side-effect of internal alchemy.

A side effect of high cholesterol? :lol:

I don't know how to completely describe this but it's happening with greater frequency, maybe 4-6 times a week. As you know, I'm a critical thinking junkie so I'm assuming that there is a rational explanation for this to be unravelled by the mysteries of internal alchemy.

I am frequently overwhelmed with the sensation of being in close proximity of another human being when alone. There is an undeniable olfactory element; the odor has a ring of familiarity to it and then it begins to dissipate. What lingers for another ten seconds or so is a psychological feeling that involves smell, emotion, and very old memory. If I had the time I'd use these sensations to write a short ghost story about someone who is visited by disembodied spirits looking for a way back to an earth-bound plane. No, I don't see dead people, and I don't think this is the sixth sense, but I can only assume this is a side-effect of internal alchemy.

It may be a side effect of your practice or it may be the effect of your practice; attracting some spirit/entity nearby(or one that feels your near to a level to "hear" it).

If this helps you at all I'll just mention that the feeling of spirits and alive astral projectors often has felt the way you describe. Good luck.

Live in an old house, Blasto? (I'm just curious...)

no, not at all. Honestly, I think this is some sort of synesthesia that gets brewed up in the brain and nervous system, but the presence subjectively Feels human and conscious.

There is an undeniable olfactory element; the odor has a ring of familiarity to it and then it begins to dissipate. What lingers for another ten seconds or so is a psychological feeling that involves smell, emotion, and very old memory.

no, not at all. Honestly, I think this is some sort of synesthesia that gets brewed up in the brain and nervous system, but the presence subjectively Feels human and conscious.

Yeah odor is closely linked to memory -- since the olfactory neurons are just one molecule from the hippocampus memory neurons in the brain.

So that's a deep limbic brain stimulation when you remember an odor -- it's pretty common to smell something which then reminds you of another smell -- and then that memory of the smell enables you to "relive" the experience because it's deep brain memory.

It's similar to how dreams are based on our subconscious associations during the day -- but the dream is like interacting with a person or spirit even though it was just a subconscious memory during the day. Only with odor this reliving a person can happen while awake since odor is directly a quantum resonance perception in the brain.

Odor is the only perception that bypasses the cerebral cortex left-brain reality so that a new smell goes straight to the deep dream perception -- the theta wave brain state.

Edited by drewhempel

Are you sure this isn't related to someone you have known in the past? You mentioned 'very old memory', what exactly do you mean by that?

From that one phrase I wonder if it's someone from your past who has rather strong feelings for you, and is currently thinking about you in someway. Due to your practice you may have become sensitive to the thought forms.

If it is someone from your past you should be able to make out who by the quality of the feelings. if you think it may be related to a certain person it usually is. Telempathy is a real bummer sometimes.

What are the quality of the feelings? Yearning? Love? Or other?

Its almost like theres an emptiness in one part of the room yea? Somethings missing in that particular area, I've had that happen a number of times.

I've had times where I've seen them in the slight side of my vision, then after that I may get a humming sensation at my forearm, or shoulder or head.

Strange stuff, I'd say don't look for it, maybe in the future but not yet for me.

You know I've had this experience. I'm posting a new thread here about my entity issues.

No disrespect, but why aren't you trusting your feelings, instead of denying them through a logical mind made up explanation? Just because it is outside the box of your norm do not try to put the round peg in the square hole. I've long gotten past not believing in spirts/ghosts, due to my own experiences and tv shows like Paranormal State or Ghost Hunters, etc. They are common just like people walking on the street. It is through practices/meditation that you change your awareness and energy and then can start feeling and interacting with them. Regards and say hello to your new friend.

I've had a similar feeling on occasion, that there was someone in the room with me, it's not really a "feeling" as such, rather a certainty that you're not on your own. Could be paranoia. If it's linked to something that you remember, a person, who you were strongly attached to, family, or a romantic affiliation, perhaps your subconscious is trying to tell you something? Perhaps it is a spirit/entity/ghost/creature, but since I've never had any experience with these things, I would make the other things my first guesses. This intrigues me, keep reporting! :D

No disrespect, but why aren't you trusting your feelings, instead of denying them through a logical mind made up explanation? Just because it is outside the box of your norm do not try to put the round peg in the square hole. I've long gotten past not believing in spirts/ghosts, due to my own experiences and tv shows like Paranormal State or Ghost Hunters, etc. They are common just like people walking on the street. It is through practices/meditation that you change your awareness and energy and then can start feeling and interacting with them. Regards and say hello to your new friend.

Well, I don't want to disrespect you either, but I actually assign a great deal of trustworthiness to my feelings. I also managed to get one of those college education thingies and discovered that subjective states of human sensory awareness can be notoriously difficult to narrow down. So forgive me if I apply Occam's Razor where appropriate and leave TV for the cultural wasteland that it serves. ;)

Well, I don't want to disrespect you either, but I actually assign a great deal of trustworthiness to my feelings. I also managed to get one of those college education thingies and discovered that subjective states of human sensory awareness can be notoriously difficult to narrow down. So forgive me if I apply Occam's Razor where appropriate and leave TV for the cultural wasteland that it serves. ;)

Okay fair enough. I also agree TV is not what it is cooked up to be, I've seen the Hulu commercials, they are true. That being said about it, there is from time to time some iota of information to be gleaned from it. It seems you don't have an interest in that part, so as it is. My opinion is a collary to Occam's Razor, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it is a duck, and more than likely not psychosomatic. But what do I know? I don't even know. Opinions are a dime a dozen, mine only adds up to a nickel.

Others have asked about some things in your past. With no judgement only helping in the discussion may I suggest as a path of inquiry have you or are you into mind altering drugs or have you recently started/changed some herbal supplements?

Edited by Dr. Dcup

B-Man - In an alternate possibility-

You may have a teacher coming to find you.

I had the another sort of the same experiences.

So - I opened the door to let it come in to visit.

It helps to have someone on the other side to give advice.

If you have possibilities of growth - you may have one of the immortals.

Don't tell this to your shrink - they make a lot of $ from the pink tabs.:blush:

I actually assign a great deal of trustworthiness to my feelings. So forgive me if I apply Occam's Razor where appropriate and leave TV for the cultural wasteland that it serves. ;)

I apologize for shortening - but the other was seeming too complicated for me to get my noodle around :unsure:

Feelings are, to me, natures compass as they point the way in an otherwise dark trail. They have been sharpened through practice in folowing them through many dark alleys that turned out to be shortcuts.

My opinion for TV is that, in USA, it was my main problem in achieving goals. And to be honest, I didn't miss Gilligan's Island -or the 7:30 PM, 7:30 AM or 60 min. news- a bit.

Yes I have.

Watch out. I have seen clear bodies with outlines and

dark bodies with green outlines. I'm assuming that the

clear bodies were stolen.

There are posters and lurkers doing bullshit so watch

out. They may have resources from other realms that they

may not be entitled to.

Edited by lino

B-Man - In an alternate possibility-

You may have a teacher coming to find you.

I had the another sort of the same experiences.

So - I opened the door to let it come in to visit.

It helps to have someone on the other side to give advice.

If you have possibilities of growth - you may have one of the immortals.

Don't tell this to your shrink - they make a lot of $ from the pink tabs.:blush:

I confess that I take comfort in the thought that benevolent energies are attempting to offer me gifts of guidance and advice. From the chakra psychology model, I've tended to orient the whole experience to the opening of upper chakras (5,6,7).

I'll never abandon my critical thinking or my skepticism. They have served me better than all the superstitions I've had since a child, and they serve my spiritual life now. My spirit guide doesn't want me to jettison my rational faculties. :lol: I am open to the possibility that my nervous system is becoming refined and more sensitive to information that is organized differently.

I confess that I take comfort in the thought that benevolent energies are attempting to offer me gifts of guidance and advice. From the chakra psychology model, I've tended to orient the whole experience to the opening of upper chakras (5,6,7).

I'll never abandon my critical thinking or my skepticism. They have served me better than all the superstitions I've had since a child, and they serve my spiritual life now. My spirit guide doesn't want me to jettison my rational faculties. :lol: I am open to the possibility that my nervous system is becoming refined and more sensitive to information that is organized differently.

The following worked for me, and so I'll suggest it for you.

Pretend that a rope is attached to the feeling, recreate the feeling and "follow" it to the source, and don't stop tell you get home. Good luck. :)