King Kabalabhati

Parental Qigong

I'm a father of three and I spend most of the week alone with my kids since the wife (yes she's still the wife;) moved to town to study... She was recently diagnosed an Aspberger Syndrome person by the way.. But we're doing better than ever :)

Anyway, I do Spring Forest Qigong and also Tao Yin and Hatha Yoga postures. Been doing some form of practice for about five years.

I've already told here about the time when my then 7-year old daughter was very restless and couldn't sleep. I told her about Inner Smile and also smiled at her. She fell asleep amazingly quickly, like from total restlessness to total relaxation in maybe 3 minutes.

The first time I tried SFQ healing on my children was when my 5-years old daughter was snoring heavily and even had sleeping apnea. The first time I did it was the most dramatic: she immediately stopped snoring. She also didn't snore in the morning when we woke up. After that the snore came back a couple of times but now it's been a long time since she had breathing difficulties.

Another time she started to cry because her ear was aching. I did Sword Fingers on her ear and in a minute she fell asleep and slept for hours. After she awoke she had her dinner and after that she complained ear ache again. I did another healing and after that the pain was gone almost right away. Next morning she said her ear hurts when she swallows. I did a third round of healing and after that there was no more talk of earache.

My older daughter has had headaches a few times and each time after a short healing session she has forgotten about the whole thing.

Today the kids have been a bit more restless than usual, seeking conflict and talking to each other in a tense way. After this had gone on for a couple of hours I was feeling a bit stressed. I sat in the lotus position just to read a book. My mind was tense so I was irritated by the sounds that the kids were making. Suddenly, instead of getting angry, I found the whole thing so comical and I had to laugh. I went into a very relaxed mood and also the children started to laugh in the next room. The energy of the whole family just changed in a second.

If you can share similar stories about your domestic energy work or have a comment, feel free!

I'm a father of three and I spend most of the week alone with my kids since the wife (yes she's still the wife;) moved to town to study... She was recently diagnosed an Aspberger Syndrome person by the way.. But we're doing better than ever :)

Anyway, I do Spring Forest Qigong and also Tao Yin and Hatha Yoga postures. Been doing some form of practice for about five years.

I've already told here about the time when my then 7-year old daughter was very restless and couldn't sleep. I told her about Inner Smile and also smiled at her. She fell asleep amazingly quickly, like from total restlessness to total relaxation in maybe 3 minutes.

The first time I tried SFQ healing on my children was when my 5-years old daughter was snoring heavily and even had sleeping apnea. The first time I did it was the most dramatic: she immediately stopped snoring. She also didn't snore in the morning when we woke up. After that the snore came back a couple of times but now it's been a long time since she had breathing difficulties.

Another time she started to cry because her ear was aching. I did Sword Fingers on her ear and in a minute she fell asleep and slept for hours. After she awoke she had her dinner and after that she complained ear ache again. I did another healing and after that the pain was gone almost right away. Next morning she said her ear hurts when she swallows. I did a third round of healing and after that there was no more talk of earache.

My older daughter has had headaches a few times and each time after a short healing session she has forgotten about the whole thing.

Today the kids have been a bit more restless than usual, seeking conflict and talking to each other in a tense way. After this had gone on for a couple of hours I was feeling a bit stressed. I sat in the lotus position just to read a book. My mind was tense so I was irritated by the sounds that the kids were making. Suddenly, instead of getting angry, I found the whole thing so comical and I had to laugh. I went into a very relaxed mood and also the children started to laugh in the next room. The energy of the whole family just changed in a second.

If you can share similar stories about your domestic energy work or have a comment, feel free!

Awesome testimonials! thanks.

I'm not sure if it qualifies as Qigong, but there is a deep level of communicating with kids silently. No talking; facial and hand signals are allowed. You start by simply putting a finger to your lips, then communicate nonverbally, 'how was your day?' and make clear to them they have to answer without talking.

It forces you to pay a level of attention that is often missing in conversation. You begin creating a new language.

What else?? My kids have liked doing Animal Frolics qigong from Michael Winn collection. They like 'competitive' yoga like competing in Standing in Tree pose contests, we'll also do it in elevators.

Michael

I'm not sure if it qualifies as Qigong, but there is a deep level of communicating with kids silently. No talking; facial and hand signals are allowed. You start by simply putting a finger to your lips, then communicate nonverbally, 'how was your day?' and make clear to them they have to answer without talking.

It forces you to pay a level of attention that is often missing in conversation. You begin creating a new language.

What else?? My kids have liked doing Animal Frolics qigong from Michael Winn collection. They like 'competitive' yoga like competing in Standing in Tree pose contests, we'll also do it in elevators.

Michael

Thanks!

The Animal Frolics sound like kids stuff :) I should check them out. My kids like to do some hatha yoga from time to time. And my 3-year old boy does the coolest looking Panther Stretch :D

I have five kids, and I use Qigong healing on them all the time. I've used qigong healing for all sorts of ailments, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, colds, coughs, fevers, headache, pains and aches, infections, sore throats, ect... I mainly use the colors of chi described in Mantak Chia's Taoist Cosmic Healing book (one of the first Qigong books I got). In order for me to not get too depleted I usually draw chi in through my feet and project it out from my palms. Sometimes the results are amazing, they come to me sick and after a 15-20 min session the symptoms are gone. It keeps them out of the doctor and saves me a lot of money. My most interesting example is that my first four children had to be under biliruben lights for a week after they were first born because my wife and my blood types are different, so the babies had bad jandice. By the time the fifth one was born I had already begun Qigong. Since jandice is a liver issue, I flushed my babies liver with chi, and she was the only one of our children that did not get bad jandice and have to be under the lights.

Every now and then I try to get the kids to do the 8 brocades with me, but since they almost always groan that does not happen too often. But yea qigong healing is great if your a parent, I love it!!!!