SFJane

I, ship

The Hybrid is an organic consciousness that inhabits a bio-mechanical transport vessel. She receives thousands of data stream flows and trivial sensory downloads per minute. She is connected physically, electrically, hormonally to every part of her bioship. Hybrid must balance all of this information and keep her mind ordered to keep ships systems intact and on course, everyday, without fail.

No hybrid is perfect. And so–sometimes errors creep into the code. They may need to be edited. Too much pressure on one system sends a cascade effect into other systems. Hydraulic, energetic,and emotional imbalances occur, are diagnosed, rebalanced. All in a days work for Hybrid. Hybrid is usually self-correcting because it optimizes positive global function which brings inner harmony to all organic systems and biological sub-processors.

Hybrid is the heart-mind of her ship―she is for all intents and purposes―the ship. She is―Ship.

And if you were allowed to look at a data log of her stream of consciousness for a few moments, it might look something like this…I, ship

Edited by SFJane

Cool stuff, it reminds me of Donna Haraway's Cyborg :)

Edited by buscon

Now that's pretty weird. I've been having similar considerations lately.

The main question that is bugging me though is whether the consciousness in question is "Earth native symbiosis" or "Off-earth, non-native symbiosis"

I guess it doesn't matter in practice :lol:

Still, all that stuff in the Immortal Sisters book about mushrooms...

"No ship man!"

-Kidding -kidding as usual.

I don't know where we came from but it's sure as hell the key to where we're going. (don't worry, I make words for a living ;) )

Now that's pretty weird. I've been having similar considerations lately.

The main question that is bugging me though is whether the consciousness in question is "Earth native symbiosis" or "Off-earth, non-native symbiosis"

I guess it doesn't matter in practice :lol:

Still, all that stuff in the Immortal Sisters book about mushrooms...

Immortal Sister has a book about mushrooms? Now that is cool. The things I miss when I am away...

Anyone else a huge BSG fan?

Turns out my brother's mind works very similar. He liked it a lot. I wrote it for him more than anyone else, to 'prove' to him that our minds are alike. It was just a crapshoot to wonder if anyone else's brain works in similar way and might 'grok' my words. It was meant to show a stream of balanced right and left hemisphere thinking going on at once. I figured you guys might dig some of the heart-mind references and such.

One of the recurring topics on these boards is what does conscious thought or projective thought really mean? In Taoist verses, what is daily accumulating? What is the water that can be muddy or clear? So, the references to energy balancing, heaven and earth, yin yang and sensing inside yourself and without and the like, I figured would go over with this crowd.

:)