Sign in to follow this  
A Fool

Best I Ching Book Recommendations

I have noticed strong opinions about the various versions of the I Ching in English. I would prefer to read a version that is not so overly Westernized, misinterpreted or dramatized but instead one that is accurate and true to the original spirit of the I Ching. Before I pick a version/translation to read I'd like to ask for opinions here. Any opinions are welcomed.

Hi, I have only been using the I Ching for a very short time and the ONLY translation I have used is by Stephen Karcher called the " Total I Ching ".

From what I can gather a lot of research went into this edition, Karcher claims to have fused the early shamanic and the later confucian version together. It is very in depth, with a long introduction on the myths and rituals of ancient China that are intertwined with the I Ching.

To be honest I bought it because it had good reviews on Amazon but I have found it to be very usefull guide in my life.

I am also very interested in getting Master Zhongxian Wu's translation 'Seeking the Spirit of Changes : 8 Days to Mastering a Shamanic Yijing Prediction System.' You can check out the description on his website masterwu.com, looks very cool.

Using/studying the I Ching is something I neglected for years (hot headed martial artist) I regret that.

Sign in to follow this