ShaktiMama

Daoism and Neidan training

Well, here comes Bagua kid again with his narley comments....

So, Wow, so easy to obtain 天地人和一?? So, with the simple easy payment of 3100.00 (min) you too can obtain 天人和一。。 Krap, what is wrong with me?

sheesh!

I would be more than willing to go with you Susan. In fact it is my life's dream to train deeply with a real master. But I have to finish my degree here first and find a way to support myself. -_-

Is there any way you could be able to share with us what you learn there? I am sure many of here like myself would go there if they could in a heartbeat :lol:

I went to China a few years ago with Sifu Bernard to study medical qigong for two weeks with a 103 year old master. That was life changing. I wont be going back this year. I don't have enough vacation time saved up from work. I use up my vacation time working with Santi, teaching on long weekends. I work full time as a nurse and any free time I get I use for teaching. I can't afford to quit my job and travel when ever I want to. Wish I could. :)

s

Here's another interesting tidbit on the Taoist significance of the Big Dipper:

shen:

mental activity (consciousness) as a manifestation of the central, albeit hidden, movement of shen. The ancient character shows a close affinity to the Big Dipper, which the Chinese viewed as the center of the universe. Shen, therefore, appears to be at the heart of all mental and physical activities, just as the Dipper appears to be the central pivot of the stars. As the Neijing puts it: "The heart is the emperor of the five zang and the six fu networks...; if the heart flares, then all of them will get out of line."

The Big Dipper was seen to be a central pivot in the night sky...sort of a star heart.

BigDipper-guide.PNG