time to change

astral projection

can someone tell me a way to make me astral project

"astral projection" is a commonly misused term in the New Age scene. There's two kinds -- "etheric projection" and "astral projection" -- the etheric projection is the chi (electromagnetic force) and jing (tingling emotional) energy -- while the astral projection is the shen or laser-light energy. So to do real astral projection you have to first fill up the body with chi energy which is an advanced level of practice. Once the third eye is fully open there's also something called the "astral tube" -- again a Western new age term -- but it means just going into the emptiness for spacetime travel without the full astral projection. It's just a different level of intensity. A person can have flashes of astral projection as an astral tube experience when their third eye is beginning to open up.

So you just keep doing the standard alchemy training -- standing tai-chi type exercises, and the small universe or microcosmic orbit exercise and then the emptiness/self concentration (preferably in full lotus).

"astral projection" is a commonly misused term in the New Age scene. There's two kinds -- "etheric projection" and "astral projection" -- the etheric projection is the chi (electromagnetic force) and jing (tingling emotional) energy -- while the astral projection is the shen or laser-light energy. So to do real astral projection you have to first fill up the body with chi energy which is an advanced level of practice. Once the third eye is fully open there's also something called the "astral tube" -- again a Western new age term -- but it means just going into the emptiness for spacetime travel without the full astral projection. It's just a different level of intensity. A person can have flashes of astral projection as an astral tube experience when their third eye is beginning to open up.

So you just keep doing the standard alchemy training -- standing tai-chi type exercises, and the small universe or microcosmic orbit exercise and then the emptiness/self concentration (preferably in full lotus).

so theres a difference incredible so you say that the chi projection is better than astral projection what are the diffence between experiencing them

so theres a difference incredible so you say that the chi projection is better than astral projection what are the diffence between experiencing them

Astral projection is better than chi projection if it needs to be termed that way. So with astral projection usually the person is sitting in full lotus -- and when they travel then they really are "there" -- while their body is left behind. Astral projection is dangerous to be sure -- which is why full lotus grounds the body. Otherwise when the Bushmen healers did astral projection then the person had to be surrounded by other healers to protect the body.

For the astral tube -- this can also be used for long distance healing, for finding lost items, for seeing the future, etc. It's just a less intense -- more brief experience.

I can't do either of these things -- but I've seen them done and I've had them done to me -- long distance healing through astral projection for example. So Chunyi Lin and Jim Nance both do these all the time -- it's like a holographic laser experience.

The etheric body projection is also a holographic experience but on a lower frequency of energy -- so it's not light as much as it's electrochemical tingling of the different body organs as the chi energy projects into someone else. So there's an interactive reading of another person's electromagnetic energy and their electrochemical emotional blockages in their lower organs. I do that all the time when I'm in full lotus -- unless I've been eating and I'm digesting. Yeah but for this practice you also want to be on the "modified bigu" diet.

So I recommend focusing on studying the alchemical training for the microcosmic orbit -- just look it up online -- Mantak Chia's Awaken Healing Energy through the tao -- you can read it online. Then get the practice c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com for the small universe aka microcosmic orbit -- as that's the best training c.d. for the small universe from what I can tell.

Edited by drewhempel

So with astral projection usually the person is sitting in full lotus

Not true, not necessary.

Astral projection is dangerous to be sure

Also, not true, unless you are of a shaky psychological condition. Then maybe you might scare yourself to death perhaps.

I have the utmost respect for most of your posts Drew, but in this case you are misinformed. OBE/astral projection(or whatever you may call it)is not an exclusive of the full lotus school of thought, nor the eastern esoteric schools either.

To the original poster.... I rather doubt you should be learning to do an OBE bearing in mind your other thread.

I agree. It does not have to be dangerous. I have been doing it since being a baby and any time I had a scare it was just an illusion, or an extension of an inner issue needing addressing. Not saying bad things can't happen but "it ain't necessarily so".

However it depends what you are on a mission to do. If there is any confrontational work going on then you had better know what you are dealing with and where to get reinforcement.

Basically it is a personal thing. Not everyone is going to travel to the same places and have the same experiences.

I have done it twice. Apologies If its allready mentioned, but what I did, was making a habit of knocking on doors, walls etc. When the door didnt feel like a door, i knew I was dreaming, and could take controll.

On 18/08/2010 at 4:44 AM, time to change said:

Yes, the simplest way is to do dream yoga, go down the lucid dream rabbit hole but skip the mantra before ( that's the part which says about staying in your body ), it will eventually happen. You can even invert the mantra.

You'll eventually get a dream within a dream within a dream, at the top of the dream stack you will lose lucidity and you'll be somewhere which fits the description of what people like to call astral plane.

Have you considered that the end result might just be spending the day to interpret the night?

If you look at it through Jungian lens it's not something magical.

Deep dives within our psyche and archetypes that connect us with whatever lies beyond are on one hand interesting.

On the other hand, it will be a test of nerves.

My view on this is... it's  a time waste. There's nothing to gain with this sort of exercise.

Which is why they put the mantra there in dream yoga, even though it looks inconsequential at first glance, so that folks don't waste their time.

41 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

I have done it twice. Apologies If its allready mentioned, but what I did, was making a habit of knocking on doors, walls etc. When the door didnt feel like a door, i knew I was dreaming, and could take controll.

That's lucid dreaming 

There's a progression with these things and lucid dreams is the first step. See my post above on how one may enter it through lucid dreams.

There are other methods, more direct to enter it when you're lucid, you don't need to go the dream within a dream within a dream route.

Again, my view is that it's a waste of time.

It's not a real place, if you drop a letter there and your friend does an astral projection, he won't find your letter.

14 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

Again, my view is that it's a waste of time.

It's not a real place, if you drop a letter there and your friend does an astral projection, he won't find your letter.

It is a time waste when you don't know why you are doing it.

7 minutes ago, Neirong said:

It is a time waste when you don't know why you are doing it.

It happens spontaneously too, it's possible though to block the spontaneous trips, which imo is the best option.

Tbh from what I saw, one can go if they want to interact with thought forms, or if for whatever reason they want to see the world through a different pair of eyes.

For the first one/thought forms I don't see a lot of value in it personally, I also don't find the smoke and mirrors in that psychological plane interesting.

For the later one I'm not interested.

Imo anything that consumes significant daytime to explain nighttime is a waste of time, almost by definition.

On 11/7/2015 at 12:37 PM, soaring crane said:

Who's Drew?

What happened to Drew. He is quite the character. Back in the day he was the one talking about giving girls at McDonald's orgasms by looking at them lol. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

I thought it was KFC?

No, that's where the term O at the D comes from lol. D is McDonalds

On 11/7/2015 at 10:37 AM, soaring crane said:

Who's Drew?

Is you drew yet, soaring?  I's passed.

Edited by Mark Foote

1 hour ago, Maddie said:

No, that's where the term O at the D comes from lol. D is McDonalds

It was "O at a D", if I recall, the O's at a distance.  Or was that a funny... ;)

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2010 at 7:44 PM, time to change said:

You might find "Far Journeys" by Robert Monroe interesting.

Monroe was an insurance salesman in New Jersey, who played around with self-hypnosis, and discovered he could go out of body.  He kept journals.  He reported experiences in three different planes, and in one of the experiences in this plane, he pinched somebody's bottom hundreds of miles from where  he was and verified afterwards that they had a bruise there for no apparent reason.

The most interesting thing about Monroe's experiences to me was how he got back into his body.  For awhile he had difficulty returning, but he discovered that all he had to do was to become aware of his breathing, and he would be drawn back into his body.

3 minutes ago, Mark Foote said:

You might find "Far Journeys" by Robert Monroe interesting.

Monroe was an insurance salesman in New Jersey, who played around with self-hypnosis, and discovered he could go out of body.  He kept journals.  He reported experiences in three different planes, and in one of the experiences in this plane, he pinched somebody's bottom hundreds of miles from where  he was and verified afterwards that they had a bruise there for no apparent reason.

The most interesting thing about Monroe's experiences to me was how he got back into his body.  For awhile he had difficulty returning, but he discovered that all he had to do was to become aware of his breathing, and he would be drawn back into his body.

The thing is that the bruise could had been there for all sorts of reasons.

For one the realm is not this world, so I don't even see how this could happen.

For two, the realm is not real, it's a psychological realm.

I hadn't seen anything there pointing to it being real.

It's extremely vivid and can be confused for being a reality, especially given that a common starting place is a mirror copy of someone's home.

But this doesn't make it real, it's not like stranger things upside down where if your friends go there, you all meet and then back on earth you recall the same experience. It's a psychological realm.

50 minutes ago, Maddie said:

What happened to Drew. He is quite the character. Back in the day he was the one talking about giving girls at McDonald's orgasms by looking at them lol. 

Could he tell though if an orgasm was real after having actual sex? 😂

• Haha 1