Sign in to follow this  
3bob

a difficult type of practice

------------------- "suspended judgment" -------------------

post-51155-128198308258_thumb.gif

-_-B)

What are the rewards for you, hmmm? :ph34r:

I was like practicing this when I noticed some car driving towards me at increasingly high speed as I caught my self making judgements about the pain I would have if the car hit me. Turns out there is no pain or joy at all after it hit me, I am now in spirit. :unsure:

Its actually kinda joyfull sometimes! I will never make that foolish judgement again!:angry:

Just kidding :lol:

Cure for judgemental is experience. Being too judgemental about everything is a sign of overeducation and lack of confidence, so go and be couragious. But don't suspend the ability to analyse tho. Being logical isn't always bad.

Edited by Everything

Yeah, we all judge in one way or another. Making judgement calls is not a bad thing if they are based on the truth as best as we can know it.

Chuang Tzu spoke to the subject of judging:

Therefore, in the judgement of men, a gentleman sends a man to a distant mission in order to test his loyalty. He employs him near by in order to observe his manners. He gives him a lot to do in order to judge his ability. He suddenly puts a question to him in order to test his knowledge. He makes a commitment with him under difficult circumstances to test his ability to live up to his word. He trusts him with money in order to test his heart. He announces to him the coming of a crisis to test his integrity. He makes him drunk in order to see inside of his character, and puts him in female company to see his attitude toward women. Submitted to these nine tests, a fool always reveals himself.

Peace & Love!

Yeah, we all judge in one way or another. Making judgement calls is not a bad thing if they are based on the truth as best as we can know it.

Chuang Tzu spoke to the subject of judging:

Therefore, in the judgement of men, a gentleman sends a man to a distant mission in order to test his loyalty. He employs him near by in order to observe his manners. He gives him a lot to do in order to judge his ability. He suddenly puts a question to him in order to test his knowledge. He makes a commitment with him under difficult circumstances to test his ability to live up to his word. He trusts him with money in order to test his heart. He announces to him the coming of a crisis to test his integrity. He makes him drunk in order to see inside of his character, and puts him in female company to see his attitude toward women. Submitted to these nine tests, a fool always reveals himself.

Peace & Love!

Very good quote MH !

What are the rewards for you, hmmm? :ph34r:

I was like practicing this when I noticed some car driving towards me at increasingly high speed as I caught my self making judgements about the pain I would have if the car hit me. Turns out there is no pain or joy at all after it hit me, I am now in spirit. :unsure:

Its actually kinda joyfull sometimes! I will never make that foolish judgement again!:angry:

Just kidding :lol:

Cure for judgemental is experience. Being too judgemental about everything is a sign of overeducation and lack of confidence, so go and be couragious. But don't suspend the ability to analyse tho. Being logical isn't always bad.

Rewards: If someone doesn't have their back against the wall (via heavy judgemnt) they can also look at other options.

Sign in to follow this