kitten_growingup

Male or female teacher for women practice ?

Hey girls (or guys who asked or can ask your girlfriends),

Who do you think would be the right person to teach female sexual practices: a man or a woman ?

Does only a woman understand better the women, or are there also men who can teach, with an open mind and thorough understanding, sexual practices to them?

Would you talk about your sex life, your vagina, your fluids, the way you work with your body, senses etc. more openly to a man or to a woman ?

Please feel free to share with us your thoughts.

I don't have experience with a female teacher, that's why I'm asking. I only learned from male teachers (either through books or live courses).

Thank you.

kitten

• Like 1

my opinion is to seek out a female teacher for those kinds of practices. a man may be extremely knowledgeable and highly advanced in his practice, but he will only have ever read about the female practices, it will only be theory to him, not experience. to me that makes a big difference. i wouldn't want to learn qigong from someone who had only read about it, you know? other may disagree with me, but personally i find this to be very important. i know that several male teachers out there teach some of the female practices, like mantak chia. personally, having read chia's books it never really did it for me, the energy was clearly masculine in the way he explained things, and it made it harder for me to really connect to the practice.

i had studied qigong and internal work with men or read books by men in the past, and i often found that it just didn't "click". early last year i decided to seek out a female teacher for qigong or neigong. i eventually found my current teacher, master liu he, of the ling gui healing qigong school, in portland OR www.linggui.org she is absolutely amazing and i have seen a HUGE difference learning qigong from a woman. she also does many forms that are female specific and that are absolutely beautiful, feminine and powerful.

she does not do any sexual alchemy work though, and i do still want to find a teacher for those practices, as i have only ever learned from books and CDs. i recommend jade saida's work for female practices. she has a really great book out called "the emergence of the sensual woman". this is her website www.thedesiletsmethod.com she does many workshops that i have heard great things about. i have not studied with her in person yet but i plan to someday.

i personally wouldn't mind, per say, talking about personal feminine things with a man. my current acupuncturist is a man and i talk about a lot of very personal feminine issues with him, and it is comfortable. however, i would not see a male OB/GYN, for example, thats a different story. in terms of learning sexual practices directly from a teacher, i simply would not choose to do this with a male teacher. even though it would probably be okay to talk about it, i don't think they would have enough knowledge to really grasp the intricacies of the female practices. we have to keep in mind that male sexual organs are completely external, which dictates in many ways their experience and approach to certain practices. for us, everything is internal and much more mystical. i could look at a guy doing an external practice like genital weight lifting for example, and begin to understand how it works. but for a guy to look at a woman doing genital weight lifting, everything is going on internally, they couldn't actually see what was going on! this is just an example, do you know what i mean?

anyhow, i'll end my rant and wait to see what others have to share!

my opinion is to seek out a female teacher for those kinds of practices. a man may be extremely knowledgeable and highly advanced in his practice, but he will only have ever read about the female practices, it will only be theory to him, not experience.

[...]

this is just an example, do you know what i mean?

(Someone answered this, it's encouraging for me, thank you ! :) )

You said things nicely!

Yes, I know what you mean.

Some teachers are so advanced that they can connect to the physical or emotional or energetic etc. body of a person and feel what that person feels (they are kintestetic-skilled, have abilities). But for me, as a woman, it is not enough. That person is still a man and "being me" in a moment, doesn't make him good enough or isn't right enough to teach female sexual practices, in my opinion.

I agree, the energy of a woman is different in everything she does. So her teaching is also different than that of a man.

Interesting thread!

Who are the women you know about, capable of teaching Qigong? Neigong?

Interesting thread!

Who are the women you know about, capable of teaching Qigong? Neigong?

other than the women i already mentioned, i have not encountered that many. there are probably many women that teach qigong in a martial arts setting, but i don't know that there are many that teach high level healing qigong or neigong.

in a thread a few months ago, someone mentioned a female teacher somewhere in the south eastern US that taught taichi and qigong and was supposedly excellent. i cannot remember her name.

there is effie chow too, this is her website www.eastwestqi.com

there is another woman i know of from a fairly secretive taoist system that teaches neigong as well as the female sexual practices. she is an old student of the grand master of a system one of my teacher studies. i don't know much about her, i have been trying to get in touch with her for some time actually via my teacher. but they are pretty closed doors. we'll see.

and there is angela yan, which there was a thread about recently here. no one seems to know where she is teaching, or if she is teaching. she used to be based in buffalo. this is a video of her :

After reading few of Saida Desilets' posts on her blog I feel a big difference between the teacher I have here in my country (a man) and her. Her energy is so smooth, like a calm wind coming to you and through you. I like "listening" to her words. It's so different than the energy I'm used to, the male one.

And she has risen an interesting point:

"As women we must have discernment, especially when it comes to the subject of our sexuality and sensuality. We must be willing to look deeper than the surface and ask ourselves revealing questions such as; “Who funded the research we are basing our choices on? Why would we give away our power in exchange for information, no matter how great the guru/teacher/master may be?" (Source: Discernment)

Her last question rang a bell to me...

kitten

Edited by kitten_growingup