Owledge

Fun idea for a Taoist game

Non-Dualist Chess ... only grey figures

I trust you can imagine the implications. B)

(E.g. either both players may use all figures, or each player uses the figures on the respective side and has a pretty tough time trying to remember which ones they are, beginning to realize that they're all the same.)

Would be a funny experiment (social/psychological study) in many cases, like challenging a professional chess player with this variation of the game.

Thinking about it, I would actually love to have that game. The possibilities are infinite. Must be a really fun experience. You never know what approach your opponent will take, and neither do you know that about yourself. :lol:

Edited by Hardyg

I trust you can imagine the implications. B)

(E.g. either both players may use all figures, or each player uses the figures on the respective side and has a pretty tough time trying to remember which ones they are, beginning to realize that they're all the same.)

Would be a funny experiment (social/psychological study) in many cases, like challenging a professional chess player with this variation of the game.

Thinking about it, I would actually love to have that game. The possibilities are infinite. Must be a really fun experience. You never know what approach your opponent will take, and neither do you know that about yourself. :lol:

Hehehe. My mind just couldn't get around that. You could lose and still win.

It has been suggested that the Tai Chi symbol really isn't black and white but rather shades of grey. Real life seems to be pretty much like that too - no absolute blacks and whites but rather shades of grey.

Peace & Love!

The symbol is called Taiji. ;)

That's okay. I like to call it Tai Chi. Calling it that make me feel good.

Peace & Love!

Hehehe. My mind just couldn't get around that. You could lose and still win.

Peace & Love!

Sounds like both work together to achieve a common aim. Much like baking a cake with someone. Everyones a winner!

Personally I'd rather bake a cake, as then I get to eat after. Nice idea though. Wouldn't wanna bet on that game mind you..... or maybe I would! As I'd always come out a winner!

Like to find the bookie that would take that bet.

Sounds like both work together to achieve a common aim. Much like baking a cake with someone. Everyones a winner!

Personally I'd rather bake a cake, as then I get to eat after. Nice idea though. Wouldn't wanna bet on that game mind you..... or maybe I would! As I'd always come out a winner!

Like to find the bookie that would take that bet.

Yeah, you inspired my philosophizing again.

Real life can be that way, you know. If all players play the game fairly everyone wins. I help you because helping you puts you in a better condition to help me so we both win. No, this doesn't have to be some kind of selfless mind game, it is real.

Yes, baking a cake is a good example: one goes to the store and buys the needed supplies, the other prepares the work area. The supplies arrive and the other is ready to mix the ingredients. The mix is put into the oven and the other does the cleanup, etc, etc.

Another example is a technician of any kind. It is always helpful to have a go-fer. Everyone wins - the job is completed quicker, the tech has more time for additional work or free time, and the go-fer is doing something productive and earning a living.

Peace & Love!

Real life can be that way, you know. If all players play the game fairly everyone wins. I help you because helping you puts you in a better condition to help me so we both win. No, this doesn't have to be some kind of selfless mind game, it is real.

Keywords: game theory, prisoner dilemma