Mayo Clinic Qigong Chronic Pain Study

http://www.springforestqigong.com/medical_research.htm

* External Qigong for Chronic Pain,

Results from a Peer-Reviewed, Randomized, Controlled, Clinical Study

Jamia Hill, RN, DC; Anne Vincent, MD,

Stephen Cha, PhD., Nisha Manek, MD, MRCP

Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

Objective:

Chronic pain is highly prevalent in the general population. Adequate clinical management of chronic pain is an ongoing challenge and a purely pharmaceutical approach has proven inadequate. We investigated the efficacy of external Qigong [spring Forest Qigong technique] as an adjunctive treatment for chronic pain.

Conclusions:

Subjects with chronic pain who received external Qigong experienced reduction in pain intensity following each Qigong treatment. This is especially impressive given the long duration of pain in the majority of subjects.

* The External Qigong Chronic Pain Study by doctors at the Mayo Clinic will be published in the American Journal of Chinese Medicine, Vol. 38, No. 4, August 2010 issue, which will be released in late August. Once the report has been published by AJCM online they will send us a PDF of the full report and we have permission to place it on the SFQ website. Please check back at the end of August for the full study.

Edited by drewhempel

http://www.springforestqigong.com/medical_research.htm

* External Qigong for Chronic Pain,

Results from a Peer-Reviewed, Randomized, Controlled, Clinical Study

Jamia Hill, RN, DC; Anne Vincent, MD,

Stephen Cha, PhD., Nisha Manek, MD, MRCP

Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

Objective:

Chronic pain is highly prevalent in the general population. Adequate clinical management of chronic pain is an ongoing challenge and a purely pharmaceutical approach has proven inadequate. We investigated the efficacy of external Qigong [spring Forest Qigong technique] as an adjunctive treatment for chronic pain.

Conclusions:

Subjects with chronic pain who received external Qigong experienced reduction in pain intensity following each Qigong treatment. This is especially impressive given the long duration of pain in the majority of subjects.

* The External Qigong Chronic Pain Study by doctors at the Mayo Clinic will be published in the American Journal of Chinese Medicine, Vol. 38, No. 4, August 2010 issue, which will be released in late August. Once the report has been published by AJCM online they will send us a PDF of the full report and we have permission to place it on the SFQ website. Please check back at the end of August for the full study.

thanks, Drew. :)

be sure to remind us here when it actually gets released.

i have to say, though, it bothers me that they are only going high-profile on pain reduction. i KNOW they've done conclusive studies on cancer cells and other diseases. :angry:

thanks, Drew. :)

be sure to remind us here when it actually gets released.

i have to say, though, it bothers me that they are only going high-profile on pain reduction. i KNOW they've done conclusive studies on cancer cells and other diseases. :angry:

Yeah the skeptics will always be in denial as medical studies rely on correlation and not causation. Still at least there's all the video testimonies of people healed of late-term cancer, M.S., the rare lung disease of a Mayo Clinic patient, Parkinsons, etc. http://www.springforestqigong.com/testimonials.htm

Interesting.

As an aside, I don't think the Mayo Clinic is what they once were, though.

Was thinkin' about applying at the Scottsdale campus.

Know any good outfits in your neck of the woods?

Spent 2yrs at Del Webb in Sun City West. They are Banner now.

Sure do miss Alice Cooper land!

Interesting.

As an aside, I don't think the Mayo Clinic is what they once were, though.

Yeah Mayo Clinic is ranked #1 in only three specialties - but is ranked #2 as best overall hospital:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/feature-articles/honor-roll-2010.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayo_Clinic

In 2010, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, was ranked as the #2 overall hospital in the United States by U.S. News & World Report. A total of 4,852 hospitals were considered and ranked in 16 specialties from cancer and heart disease to respiratory disorders and urology; 152, or about 3 percent of the total, were ranked in even one of the 16 specialties. Of the 152 hospitals that are ranked in one or more specialties, 14 qualified for the Honor Roll by earning high scores in at least six specialties. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, was ranked in the top 11 in all 16 specialties, in the top 5 in 13 specialties, and was the #1 ranked hospital in three specialties.[7]

U.S. News & World Report - Mayo Clinic, Rochester, 2010 Rankings by Medical Specialty