Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Dr Shyam Singha

I was fortunate to have been a patient/student of Dr Singha. By student I don't mean in a formal sense. But by listening and learning from his advice. There is a book assembled from his lectures titled "The Secrets of Natural Health" . This book is now out of print but still available. One procedure that I do that is listed in the book is the grilled orange diet for detoxification. Put grilled oranges, Dr Singha and humanuniversity into a search engine and there are a couple of sites with the information.

Dr Singha was also the personal physian, before being excommunicated, for Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. He was one of the people responsible for bringing him to the west. Dr James Gordon was first a patient of Dr Singhas then a direct student. He wrote a book about Rajneesh titled "The Golden Guru". This is a recommended read.

Dr Singha was also the personal physian, before being excommunicated, for Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. He was one of the people responsible for bringing him to the west. Dr James Gordon was first a patient of Dr Singhas then a direct student. He wrote a book about Rajneesh titled "The Golden Guru". This is a recommended read.

Rick,"The Golden Guru" isnt just a recommended read,its an EXCELLENT read :lol: It fascinated me.Its been a while since I read it though.Why was Dr Singha excommunicated?I got the impression that Rajneesh was scared of physical discomfort and preferred quick-fix approaches.Was he impatient with Dr Singhas methods?Or didnt Singha feed Rajneesh's ego enough ?Its intruiging how an individual can go through dramatic spiritual experiences,& then use those experiences to reinforce their ego-strategies ( In Baghwans case,the attempt to gain immunity for interpersonal need & loss).

Shyam Singha wore custom tailored clothing not orange jumpsuits. Besides, the person I knew was too powerful a figure to be placed in any subservient role to this man. When Rajneeshs health declined Dr Singha reached out and offered him help. But only as friend to friend. That was something Rajneesh could not accept. He declined. And died. That being said, Dr Singha recognized the brilliant,perceptive mind that Rajneesh possessed. But I thought there was more. I got the impression that Rajneesh was a conduit for something greater. This was touched on ,in part, in Dr Gordon's book.

Shyam Singha wore custom tailored clothing not orange jumpsuits. Besides, the person I knew was too powerful a figure to be placed in any subservient role to this man. When Rajneeshs health declined Dr Singha reached out and offered him help. But only as friend to friend. That was something Rajneesh could not accept. He declined. And died. That being said, Dr Singha recognized the brilliant,perceptive mind that Rajneesh possessed. But I thought there was more. I got the impression that Rajneesh was a conduit for something greater. This was touched on ,in part, in Dr Gordon's book.

Anyone with a "guru-complex" is threatened by the intimacy of freindship (see Anthony Storr's FEET OF CLAY),so Rajneeshs refusal is saddingly unsurprising,especially if Singha had no inclination to submit in the first place.Well,its to Singhas credit for having the kindness to make the offer,& R's loss for refusing :) Regards,Cloud.

Sign in to follow this