ralis

Third Eye

I would like some feedback on awakening the third eye.

ralis

Why?

If you think you are asleep with two, what makes you then think that an additional one would 'awaken' you? :lol:

Why?

If you think you are asleep with two, what makes you then think that an additional one would 'awaken' you? :lol:

I mean if you really want it... just meditate daily focusing all your attention on your brow area. I mean... really focusing, just letting all the habit patterns fall away while your energy remains focused on your traditionally known place for the Anja chakra. The way I did it was to just spend hours and hours focusing on my breath and I believed that my lineage and awakened masters would help through my intensity of focus, what was to happen naturally would happen. As when I started meditating, I just wanted what was best, knowing that I didn't know what was best, I just focused on my breath in order to calm all habit patterns and thoughts. I went through all sorts of trials this way. Starting with just wanting to pee but knowing I didn't really need to. It get's way deeper than this... the blockages that arise to 3rd eye awakening are personal, and innumerable.

• Like 1

ralis

There's different levels of opening up the third eye. The main test is whether you can see light externally or not. Seeing light while you meditate -- but internally -- is a sign that the third eye is starting to open but it's not open yet. When you see light around other people then you can read their energy. In my experience more light from a person means they're more healthy -- that they're transmitting light. It's actually studied in Western science as "biophotons" -- mainly in plants now but also in humans. Biophotons have verified the Chinese meridian systems of acupuncture as well. So when a plant is healing it gives off light. When it's healthy it stores light. So the light depends on the context.

Anyway when the third eye opens it's a permanent transformation. So I always feel a magnetic bliss in the center of my brain as the pineal gland and also in the pituitary gland. The magnetic bliss is stronger at the peak times for the sun energy -- 11 am to 1 pm and 11 pm to 1 am. If there's a full moon then three days before and three days after the magnetic bliss is very strong -- ten times stronger. Also if I do any fasting then the magnetic bliss gets much stronger but if I eat food then it shifts the energy to the stomach. If I transmit the energy out of my brain then I can also cycle jing energy back into my lower body -- that's how the healing energy recycles itself.

The jing energy is the emotional as electrochemical energy -- so normally the brain's electromagnetic energy as chi gets used up, inefficiently, as lower emotional energy of the different organs. So the brain's chi energy gets transduced or down-shifted to the organs and this is normally done subconsciously. So for proper building up of the jing energy you need an environment where you can focus and concentrate the brain but more importantly a peaceful environment where you can relax the brain and body.

When the emotions are relaxed then the normal life force energy is stored up and the kidneys get hot and then the liver is cleaned out and the thymus gland gets hot as the heart energy opens up and then finally with continued practice the brain channels start to open up. So this is best done through the "small universe" or microcosmic orbit practice -- I recommend using the SFQ small universe c.d. -- I used their Level 1 c.d. which is $11 for the half hour practice but there's also a c.d. just for "small universe." The key function of the small universe is that it sublimates the life force energy but then it also purified or ionizes the life force energy through the brain-heart connection going down the front channel.

Mantak Chia's book "Awaken the Healing Energy through the tao" readable on scribd -- states that it's best to not have any reproductive emissions for 3 months for this microcosmic orbit training -- small universe. The book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" gives more details on why conserving and purifying the jing energy is so crucial. So the mind's focus is on the emptiness or pure consciousness -- it's the eternal source that creates the energy as light, shen, then chi, electromagnetic force, then jing or electrochemical.

If you can find a teacher that can transmit the chi or shen energy then that will increase your own energy greatly -- so Chunyi Lin in the Level 3 class touches everyone's foreheads to open up the center of the brain. If you've done the proper 3 month training their your own built up chi combines with his shen laser transmission and then the center of the brain is permanently magnetized with bliss.

To fully open up the third eye requires further training -- because the shen is more intense or more harmonized -- as laser energy it's based on frequency resonance so it's very subtle but also more powerful. That's what Gurdjieff calls a "Number 5 person" -- that is an energy master -- a Number 5 person has their third eye fully opened so they can do long distance healing very effectively, and can also make sure their own bodies are healed - they can also see inside peoples' bodies.

After that you can continue building up the shen energy as a spirit body for then transmitting multiple shen yin bodies. So, for example at the Level 3 healing retreat I had fasted for a week beforehand on just half a glass of water and I had been practicing qigong continually -- so my channels were really open with lots of chi energy. I could see spirit bodies -- Chunyi Lin had multiple yin spirit bodies. He would sit in full lotus and then you could see these yellow bodies build up out of his head -- shaped like a human body -- and they would form and then break off his head and the float out into the meditation room and then another yellow shen yin spirit body would form out of his head and float out to heal someone else. So I didn't say anything about what I saw this and I wondered what it was but Chunyi Lin explained that if people did see this it was just his yin spirit bodies going out to heal people. Then I saw yin spirit bodies float into the meditation room -- from outside of the room! And they floated towards Chunyi Lin and hovered around him. Again I didn't say anything about this but later Chunyi Lin said someone had seen these yin spirit bodies and so he explained that those were dead spirits that needed his help to go back into the emptiness. Chunyi Lin said when he gives these chi-emitting healing meditations then it is a regular occurrence that the dead spirits also get healing from him.

And so if you store up the shen yin spirit energy enough then it gets more intense and can create another shen yang spirit -- another physical body. Chunyi Lin said he knows people in the mountains of China who have golden auras and indeed are doing this -- creating another physical body. I asked him if he had done this and he said once other people had seen his physical body outside his house when he was inside meditating in China.

But basically when Chunyi Lin said he did his first long distance healing was when he was training at Shaolin -- and they did the thunderpalm standing exercise training for two hours straight everyday for 3 months -- no moving at all -- with the thighs fully bent, arms extending, visualizing light shooting out of the thunderpalms. After that the teacher, Master Yao, said that their third eyes were fully open so then they could do long distance healing and Chunyi Lin healed his uncle of a stomach condition.

Jim Nance did long distance healing on me once -- after a class -- and that was an early experience for him - that was in 2005 or so. I had biked home about 10 miles from him and was in full lotus in meditation and suddenly the middle of my brain was just burning up! It was super hot and intense and first I wondered if there was a full moon. There wasn't and this was just as strong as when I had been at the Level 3 retreat and Chunyi Lin had left the room and suddenly the middle of my brain starting burning up. So anyway I had to stop meditating because it was too intense. So to fully open the third eye is a very powerful experience but it is greatly helped along by the teacher's transmission of energy.

I would say my third eye is half open. haha. I can see light externally but only if I have spent the day fasting and just sitting in full lotus building up my energy -- harmonizing the energy. I had stopped practicing when the energy was so intense and everyone around me was freaking out from my strong chi energy. So then my channels had closed up quite a bit but luckily Chunyi Lin touched my forehead and opened up the center of my brain. That was in 2000. After that it was permanent magnetic bliss in the center of my brain -- I even completely stopped practicing for a couple months just to see if it would go away. Nope. That initial training only took 6 months but I also did a "no salt" diet and relied on "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" for the training.

Edited by drewhempel

A friend of mine can see spiritual beings with open eyes and see inside people. Anyway, I think he uses his crown centeer more often than his third eye. He is fairly unhealthy in appearance and doesn't excersise much or use a special diet, so I suppose everyone is different.

A friend of mine can see spiritual beings with open eyes and see inside people. Anyway, I think he uses his crown centeer more often than his third eye. He is fairly unhealthy in appearance and doesn't excersise much or use a special diet, so I suppose everyone is different.

I use the upper four and sometimes the lower 3 but through channeling the upper 4 into the lower 3.

Any moving one-pointedness meditation will do the trick.

Even sitting still but focused meditation will do the trick as well. It just must be prolonged is all. I find even reading a text from a great teacher with one pointed focus will manifest the effect of the meaning of what is written as well. This is what happened with me when I read Play of Consciousness. I experienced all these openings, heart chakra, 3rd eye and crown.

EDIT: Link to Play of Consciousness on Amazon.

It might be that anyone with an overly physical experience of logic might just read this and brush it off as a tall tail. But if one could just stretch one's idea of experience into self transcendence and believe for a moment that these experiences actually happened with Muktananda, one might have an awakening. Or if one was open in questioning enough, one might have an experience through his display of experience?

This book too which came later in my life... was just... whaaaaaooooww!!

Crystal and the Way of Light

Edited by Vajrahridaya

If the third eye is open then you can sit in full lotus as long as you want. This is my "you can't fake the full lotus" article:

http://www.mind-energy.net/archives/162-You-Cant-Fake-The-Full-lotus!-Testimony-of-a-qigong-practitioner-in-the-context-of-parapsychology.html

That's why I emphasize the full lotus -- because talk is cheap. In fact talk is left-brain dominance which is the opposite of opening the third eye. The problem in the West is that people get stuck in the "conceptual" or psychological level -- which is the level of words. Master Ni, Hua-ching writes about this problem with Western students of qigong stuck in the "self-help" word level. On a conceptual level people tend to say a lot but in fact they're energy level is the opposite of what they say.

That's why I sit in full lotus at the computer as much as possible -- more often than not. That way I can immediately read the energy behind the words and also reverse the energy -- so that if the energy is from someone's lower chakras then the full lotus harmonizes it and shoots it back out via the third eye.

Master Nan, Huai-chin emphasizes this problem with "mind yoga" -- just focusing the mind -- on its own the mind is weak which is why the body has to be transformed. The small universe will transform the body so that the mind can be opened up -- but the full lotus is the most efficient means to keep the channels open.

Chunyi Lin says if you want to see if someone is a real master just see how long they can sit in full lotus.

Edited by drewhempel

That's why I sit in full lotus at the computer as much as possible -- more often than not.

Sitting in front of the computer with an erect spine helps channel the negative ions into positive experience.

ralis

Since you've exemplified yourself in this forum as someone who values reason and skepticism, I'll just leave you with this. I've pretty much hunkered down in the eco-psychology/Paticca Samupadda/Santiago Theory of Cognition camp and feel like I could spend the rest of my life opening up to the ecological realities before any heavy spiritual stuff kicked in.

http://combusem.com/CAPRA4.HTM

Yeah, okay. I saw Avatar too.

I think "beating the jade drum" is really helpful.

Agree. It does the trick as well. It's kind of a maintenance exercise but one must have practiced something prior to that.

If the third eye is open then you can sit in full lotus as long as you want...

Well, let me disagree here. I have my open and can't even sit half-lotus properly :lol: Anyway, living amongst the unawakened makes it extremely difficult to have the third eye open all the time. IMO it operates like a valve, when the conditions are conducive then it opens otherwise it remains closed or half open (depending on the situation and the individual practitioner).

Unfortunately, it is not something you can control at will, or we all would be all walking Buddhas on Earth. Long ago, I read on a random Chinese Buddhist site that one of the psychic powers of a Buddha is the ability to see all the astral planes at once, like a boom! thing. :o

Agree. It does the trick as well. It's kind of a maintenance exercise but one must have practiced something prior to that.

Well, let me disagree here. I have my open and can't even sit half-lotus properly :lol: Anyway, living amongst the unawakened makes it extremely difficult to have the third eye open all the time. IMO it operates like a valve, when the conditions are conducive then it opens otherwise it remains closed or half open (depending on the situation and the individual practitioner).

Unfortunately, it is not something you can control at will, or we all would be all walking Buddhas on Earth. Long ago, I read on a random Chinese Buddhist site that one of the psychic powers of a Buddha is the ability to see all the astral planes at once, like a boom! thing. :o

Yeah there's almost always one perv on taobums pretending to be enlightened but in fact just sucking off people's energy so they can have more male ejaculations. haha. It's pretty sad since most people can't read the energy online. Last time I outed a perv on taobums I got banned for a week so I'm not going to do it anymore. But let's just say it's a GLARING problem in my "eye" at least. haha. For one perv attack it takes about an hour of full lotus to reverse the damage done. The perv has their electromagnetic energy stuck in their lower chakra and so they have their intention as the OPPOSITE of someone transmitting third eye energy. So the perv goes ON and ON about how spiritual they are -- going WAY out of their way to fixate on theoretical b.s. -- all the time they are SUCKING off the energy on taobums so they can have more male ejaculations!! haha. That's the nature of evil though -- it hides and lies and most people are too innocent to know any better.

I read on a random Chinese Buddhist site that one of the psychic powers of a Buddha is the ability to see all the astral planes at once, like a boom! thing. :o

I experienced that the first retreat I had with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche... and this experience gave me the direct insight into the Buddhas understanding of the 8 jhanas, 31 planes of the 6 realms and all elaborations of the Buddhas teachings instantaneously. I definitely felt as if a Buddha for a while there, but it faded away a number of days after the retreat through being on the streets of NYC pedicabbing. I bet if that experience happened long ago during some time and in some place of less distraction... that experience would have lasted!! Though... the impressions of that experience still hold true.

So the perv goes ON and ON about how spiritual they are -- going WAY out of their way to fixate on theoretical b.s. -- all the time they are SUCKING off the energy on taobums so they can have more male ejaculations!! haha. That's the nature of evil though --

Ah... so you think evil is inherent and without causation? Like a paradox of light vs. darkness?

Yeah there's almost always one perv on taobums pretending to be enlightened but in fact just sucking off people's energy so they can have more male ejaculations...

Duh!? Please explain this more in detail and what has got to do with our topic of discussion.

Anyway...look at children, sometimes I feel they are all enlightened. :) Problem is that when karma really starts to kick in (adolescence) their third eyes will shut off completely; and the MIND takes over for good.

Duh!? Please explain this more in detail and what has got to do with our topic of discussion.

Anyway...look at children, sometimes I feel they are all enlightened. :) Problem is that when karma really starts to kick in (adolescence) their third eyes will shut off completely; and the MIND takes over for good.

Yes, the karmas of their mind-stream has not manifested as of yet in this lifetime. Which is why one enlightened being said that enlightenment is merely being as if a child but with knowledge of responsibility.

• Like 1

Since you've exemplified yourself in this forum as someone who values reason and skepticism, I'll just leave you with this. I've pretty much hunkered down in the eco-psychology/Paticca Samupadda/Santiago Theory of Cognition camp and feel like I could spend the rest of my life opening up to the ecological realities before any heavy spiritual stuff kicked in.

http://combusem.com/CAPRA4.HTM

Yeah, okay. I saw Avatar too.

Very interesting...

Very interesting...

Yeah.. Blasto is pretty darn cool! Makes me want to meet him in Berkley! My old stomping grounds... well literally San Francisco. But, I've been to Berkley and lived near it plenty of times.

Hey

Don't even bother. It is a trojan.

The valid thing is the nine eyes.

I got weakened eyesight in my left eye by

people installing that shit when I was a kid

or body switching. I saw how it gave validity

to the Odin legend and no it is not

pre-Vedic.

The nine eyes is what happens when somebody

tries to get off the Vedas, Talmud, Bible, and the

Quran.

ralis

Hi!

I believe there is no shortcut to having a high-level third eye. Either you have very good inborn quality and can do it by using just about any method out there or by yourself.

In case you do not have that inborn quality you will have a very hard time without a comprehensive theory.

I recommend Falun Gong to anyone who wants to progress fast from their current level. With Falun Gong you can quickly compensate for lacking inborn quality and open your third eye at a high level by improving your xinxing level and purifying your body.

Read more here: http://www.falundafa.org/eng/books.html - Zhuan Falun is the true cultivation book.

• Like 1