Nina

Qi Gong when there is no mobility

Hello to every one.

I found this forum searching for healing and practices to heal. I am Nina, brought up as a Catholic with very less exposure to eastern energy arts or healing modalities. A few months ago, my husband met with an accident and has lost most of his mobility. He is restricted to bed and it kills me and my son to see him suffer, the physical pain and the helplessness we see day after day.

I learned Reiki to be able to help him out. I keep doing Reiki on him but I am not really sure if it has helped him. It could just be that I am not a good healer. I also got the Spring Forest Qigong course, practiced myself and tried the healing on him, again, nothing happens. I feel better myself and can see good effects but I don't see myself doing any successful healing so far. Though the teacher of this Qigong says we can heal people from day 1, I would think it requires a good deal of practice before one can heal?

We sent his picture of John of God several times and got the healing herbs, but it did not help. Tried a lot of distance healing from different healers and nothing seemed to help except for a little relief from a person named Michael Mohoric. We no longer have much trust left on distance healing or for that matter any energy healing. The only thing that still keeps me hopeful is the fact that I feel so much better, peaceful and healthy after practicing Spring Forest qigong, so there must be something to all this.

There is not much my husband can do himself. He has been listening to the Small Universe tape and doing that. We were also told to play Living in the Heart meditation by Drunvalo and Twin Heart meditation by Pranic Healing teacher and he has also been listening to them.

I appeal to members of this forum to help me out with information on other energy healing practices he can do while in a supine position. He cannot move his legs much but can move hands. What would really help are a. Healing music b. Healing meditation practices, guided meditation c. Breathing Qigong d. Visualization qigong etc.

Thanks to all who took time to read this.

Edited by Nina

I'm sorry, you're in such a hard situation. I find when I don't have space for a chi gong form, if I imagine doing it, I can still feel the energetics of it. Ofcourse thats having done the form physically for a while, sometimes with a teacher. Still, if a form clicks with your husband I think there are benefits to doing them 'just' mentally.

'Clicking' is important. Finding what your husband feels connected too may be the key. It may not be exotic energy arts or distant healers. There may be a practice, connection or religion in his past that will make him better.

Yours

Michael

Nina, can you be a little more specific about his loss of mobility? Is his nervous system injured so that he is paralyzed? Or is it a musculoskeletal problem? Descibing his current injuries and limitations is helpful for those of us who would like to help.

This book is a fantastic resource, and also indicates how people who are ill and/or bed bound can still do the zhan zhuang energy practices the book describes.

The Way of Energy

My heart truly goes out to your husband and you and your family. Please don't lose hope that things will improve, sometimes in ways you may not expect. It's great that you are a member of taobums now, you are very smart to enlist the help of the people here. There is a lot of valuable knowledge and experience here.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Hello Nina,

It is totally possible to do energy work without the use of the legs, while supine. That's actually how I prefer to most of my practices!

Small universe seems like a great idea.

Another thing he can do is smiling. It can seem hard to do at times, but it's really easy to fake a smile, and it has the same effect for lightening the energy and getting energy to flow. In the beginning it's good to smile really huge, and maybe laugh a bit.

Some say that if you don't smile while doing your energy work, then it's 10x less effective...

Edited by Scotty

Hello to every one.

I found this forum searching for healing and practices to heal. I am Nina, brought up as a Catholic with very less exposure to eastern energy arts or healing modalities. A few months ago, my husband met with an accident and has lost most of his mobility. He is restricted to bed and it kills me and my son to see him suffer, the physical pain and the helplessness we see day after day.

I learned Reiki to be able to help him out. I keep doing Reiki on him but I am not really sure if it has helped him. It could just be that I am not a good healer. I also got the Spring Forest Qigong course, practiced myself and tried the healing on him, again, nothing happens. I feel better myself and can see good effects but I don't see myself doing any successful healing so far. Though the teacher of this Qigong says we can heal people from day 1, I would think it requires a good deal of practice before one can heal?

We sent his picture of John of God several times and got the healing herbs, but it did not help. Tried a lot of distance healing from different healers and nothing seemed to help except for a little relief from a person named Michael Mohoric. We no longer have much trust left on distance healing or for that matter any energy healing. The only thing that still keeps me hopeful is the fact that I feel so much better, peaceful and healthy after practicing Spring Forest qigong, so there must be something to all this.

There is not much my husband can do himself. He has been listening to the Small Universe tape and doing that. We were also told to play Living in the Heart meditation by Drunvalo and Twin Heart meditation by Pranic Healing teacher and he has also been listening to them.

I appeal to members of this forum to help me out with information on other energy healing practices he can do while in a supine position. He cannot move his legs much but can move hands. What would really help are a. Healing music b. Healing meditation practices, guided meditation c. Breathing Qigong d. Visualization qigong etc.

Thanks to all who took time to read this.

if you want send me a picture of him and his full name i will send him healing energy and make prayers for his well being.

best wishes

santiago dobles

Hello Nina!

Sending all healing energy to your husband. From experience, the body has great capacity to restore itself. It does that stuff all the time. I'd go read up some of the crazy recovery stories.

All the things that we can do to support it while it does so are valid IMO. Taking stress away (especially if one is under pressure to heal) is a very good idea. The more "pro-active" approaches use the "healing" emotions and energies of smile, warmth, love, laughter to work their magic (and it is!)

Santi is a sunny guy with juice. If he's sending then you can bet it's there to pick up :)

The TCM people can tell you which channels and organs to support with what foods etc. I'd rent some funny movies and make sure the person knows I appreciate them. I think men get more upset when immobile (they also make awful patients ;) )

Nina,

My Heart also goes out to you and your family, it sounds like a very unpleasant situation. I have had similar issues watching my father loose his mobility, due to increasing knee pain. A few years ago he tried to learn Tai Chi, but IMHO he was unable to practice consistently by himself. Currently he is unable to stand up for more than 5 min and is having both knees replaced this Xmas.

But don't be disheartened.

It could just be that I am not a good healer.

Doesn't seem like it to me, you have learnt Reki, Spring Forrest, and you have you husband practicing as well. That is great work! I'm sure you husband is benefiting from your love and devotion. Sometimes progress is instantaneous but often it's little step by little step. Beleive in yourself and have no place for doubt in your mind ;)

Great suggestions by others above (and there will probably be more to follow below)

I would suggest using some of the approaches in Robert Bruce's NEW Energy Ways. I work with a patient who has very little mobility in the arms due to nerve degeneration, and try to teach this to her. His approach uses mostly Western terminology too, so it makes it easier to understand for the uninitiated.

I am afraid that the best possible solution is to travel outside of your area in order to find the best chinese medical doctor you can find. I would start sending out emails because by word of mouth will probably be your best bet, as the best around might not have a website.

Sending all healing energy to your husband.

Nina,

Theoretical advice:

I'm not sure I should say this, but you need ALOT of practice BEFORE you start to perform healing on others. The reason is, your body needs your own energy to function properly. Unless you have practiced for hours daily and gather a huge supply of energy, don't attempt 'sending all healing energy to your husband'. Even if they tell you that you only channel 'universal energy'.

These energetic therapies have their own laws. Please respect them for your own safety. Many that started this way ended up with total burnout, and not even a master can help them. You still have your own life to live, and to take care of your children.

Another thing, don't cling to false hopes. A false hope is just a future dissapointment. Most of the alternative therapies out there cannot help you at this stage. But a high level practicioner, a good therapist, well, they may make a difference.

Practical advice:

Sending only love will not help. He may need other emotions to 'feed' his own soul.

Most important is for him to learn to meditate on The Inner Smile. If you search it on the internet, you will find alot of info, and alot of instructors. This will help him to be in good spirits, and encouraged. He needs to deal personally with all the sadness and anger that he may feel.

Another thing that he can don: whole body breathing. He can do it lying down, feeling every pore of his body breathing in yellow-white light, and breathing out, in the distance, the grey-dark energy. He can perform it while he sleeps also. I'm sure he'll enjoy great benefit from it.

I think you should try your best to help your husband.

At the same time, you should be wary about all things that this involves.

Good luck

L1

Edited by Little1

hello, Nina.

i would be willing to see what i can do for your husband, but i would need a lot more information if you're willing to share it. i DO have experience in reviving dead nerves and regenerating mobility in some cases. it can actually be a painful process, but i have done it.

i can't make any promises regarding what i can do for your husband, but if you're interested i would like for you to message me privately and share with me every scrap of information that you feel might be relevant. some things i can do well from a distance, but some things really require proximity to really be potent and effective.

i would want to know the nature of the accident, general health habits and spiritual/political beliefs of your husband, specifics about the damage to his body, history of prior traumas, and anything else that you might be willing to share. as a general rule, i find that it is better to share too much than not enough. i want to feel as if i know your husband, or at least know the type of person. it helps. everything counts.

also, i would like to know the city and state you are in.

just let me know.

BTW, Vajrasattva is a good guy and has been doing healing work for a good long while just as i have. i don't know the specifics of his methods, but you can certainly trust the sincerity of his efforts.

Take Care.

Edited by Hundun

Taking stress away (especially if one is under pressure to heal) is a very good idea. The more "pro-active" approaches use the "healing" emotions and energies of smile, warmth, love, laughter to work their magic (and it is!)

I'd rent some funny movies and make sure the person knows I appreciate them...

these points are extremely important, in my experience, and they deserve highlighting.

warmth, laughter, love, and also Trust and Surrender, because in the end, what will be, will be. THESE are the emotional qualities that best facilitate major healing.

Check out mindfulness based stress reduction and the research that has been done on it. It is a form of breath and mindfulness based meditation technique that has consistently showed a reduction in pain of arround 40% or so in only a couple of mnths time in CHRONIC pain patients. You mentioned your husband being in pain and if this is physical pain then this hsould help a lot.

Also I am guessing that you are both worried about your sex life as he is now imobile. That need not be a concern actually. In tantric/karezza syle lovemkaing movement s largely obsolete and often discouraged. Still it leads to the most blissfull and bonding orgasms you can imagine. Not sure how that works if he actually can`T feel anything but at least as long as he can feel not being able to move should not create big problems for this type of lovemaking. CHeck out reuniting.info. It is a site about karezza sex. It is sort of a simple western tantra. They keep talking about not having orgasms but actualy mean avoiding conventional peak orgasms and having "valley orgasms" instead as you can see here:

http://www.reuniting.info/wisdom/neotaoism_and_karezza

http://www.reuniting.info/testimonials/men_share_experience_with_sex_without_orgasm

I`ll get back to this thread in a few days time to give you some ideas I have about how best to progress with qigong and meditation for him to possibly create results in terms of mobility and at least increase quality of life and happiness a lot.