Sign in to follow this  
Rick

My introduction to Taoist studies was directly from Mantak Chia. This was in the early 1980's. At the time he was teaching weekend workshops on the Bowery in lower Manhattan. This was pre audio and video cassette days. The only work he had available was his original book. I arrived early and helped Maneewan set up the room. They gave each attendee a printed handout. What was interesting was the material on how to use herbs to help deal with symptoms that might occur. I have never seen this in any of his other work. Others at the workshop told me he has taught people how to do self acupuncture. He also passed energy to each person there. The result was that when I first started practicing on my own, the moment I placed tongue to palate I felt like I was being electrocuted. A lot has happened since then.

Great to have old timers, been there at the beginning, people like you here. So many of the problems faced by newbies is that we learn by book, tape, DVD. There are so much subltites that can't be taught that way. With no feedback from a live teacher our growth is slowed or stunted.

Since the heady days and personalities of the original 1980's group, what have you been practicing?

Michael

Sign in to follow this