sifusufi

Dancing Matt Worldwide Amazing Energy!

Please view in entirety, describe if you will please.

I got choked up and wept, my chin started doing whatever it does when rushing joy takes over.

Love,

Rob

I got choked up and wept, my chin started doing whatever it does when rushing joy takes over.

Love,

Rob

Oh yeah that totally clears out the jing blockages -- I had tingling sensations throughout my body and then got teary eyed. haha.

Thanks for posting this -- I had watched it originally but had forgotten. And then when listening to my local community radio station I discovered that the vocalist for that video is from my home town! Minneapolis!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palbasha_Siddique

Yeah here's the interview with Matt Harding on the local "South Indian" music show that I always listened to in Minneapolis --

Here she is - Palbasha Siddique -- on her 18th birthday -- founding a nonprofit for Bangladesh where she is originally from:

This is great she sings the soundtrack song again in this vid - amazing.

Ah Palbasha Siddique says she got paid $1000 but that "they" are making millions of the MP3 download of her song. So I hope they are donating to her nonprofit for disabled kids in Bangladesh!!

Yeah a Minneapolis article on the background to the vid:

http://www.minnpost.com/stories/2008/06/27/2396/dancing_with_the_universe

So she got a scholarship to the SAME music school I trained at -- doing piano performance for some 12 years.

and whose family settled in Northeast Minneapolis when Palbasha Siddique was awarded a scholarship to MacPhail Center for the Arts.

Yeah here's Palbasha Siddique doing her own music video with her band in Minneapolis --

Pretty funny as I can locate about 90% of the scenes used.

Edited by drewhempel

Funny that you post this. I first watched it about a year ago, but in the last few days I've watched it 5 or 6 times.

There is a bit of an emotional impact to this video. The music is great.

Love,

Rob

I have always LOVED this video and its music and message. I have it on my ipod and listen to it whenever I needed to be reminded of how we are really one great family. Sometimes I use it in meditation or listen to it during global shaktipat times. Music is a powerful carrier of energies and can be a great added tool for practice.

yeah...i choke up too. It really opens up the heart.

love,

s

Yikes. I saw this video a year ago, and just watched it several times. I find it only very annoying. It seems like this is Matt's 'schtick' to go all over and do this dance, which he looks really stupid doing. I don't pick up any spontaneity or joy in it. Yes, it's lovely that the other kids and people join in and seem to be joyous, but seeing Matt doing that horrible awkward dance in every scene makes me cringe and the annoyance level just climbs. That he does this joyless auto-dance everywhere makes me wonder if he just came up with this great little idea, and set out to make something that was supposed to make you feel your heart open, and so it feels contrived. The fact that he got those people to join in doesn't cover up it's contrived nature. Plus, how did he get to go all those places on his own? That would have cost tens of thousands of dollars, plus the cameraperson?

I guess that's another way of seeing it. I don't feel like I'm a cynical, it just feels contrived more than it does feel authentic. Matt himself and his dancing do not have joy.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

I don't feel it :( I'm normally pretty sensitive to this kind of stuff but this just felt like a show for the camera.

Oh yeah that totally clears out the jing blockages -- I had tingling sensations throughout my body and then got teary eyed. haha.

Yeah!

............ we are really one great family.

yeah...i choke up too. It really opens up the heart.

love,

s

and .. yeah!

Wow sifusufi, thanks so much for posting that, I never saw it before!! My chin was going too and tongue vibrating and tears, fantastic video. :wub:

Great idea to copy it to iPod.

Here's more on Stride Gum's "anti-advertising advertising" strategy:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/07/youtube_dancer_matt_harding_ta.html

Here's Matt Harding giving his angle on the Stride gum deal and other criticisms of the vid that it was all a big FAKE!:

Damn same jing tingling cleansing!

Edited by drewhempel

I have to agree, I felt it was a bit too put together. There is some spontaneous joy in some of the people, but a lot of the videos seems like he's arranged with people and set up the camera and instructed them. Not that it's not a cool and sometimes joyous video nonetheless, but I have to say something like this gets me everytime instead, as it's a shift in people, from minding there own everyday business to a burst of joy and love! :D

Sorry, I guess I'm just more discerning, to my detriment, perhaps... but I found Matt annoying in each picture, but I loved all the world's people dancing with enthusiasm. I guess I'm just like that. If it were truly joyous and spontaneous (compare with the "TaoBum inThe Woods" double rainbow thread...now that feels authentic and not contrived to me).

I have to agree, I felt it was a bit too put together. There is some spontaneous joy in some of the people, but a lot of the videos seems like he's arranged with people and set up the camera and instructed them. Not that it's not a cool and sometimes joyous video nonetheless, but I have to say something like this gets me everytime instead, as it's a shift in people, from minding there own everyday business to a burst of joy and love! :D

Now i'm feeling it :wub: That was way better than the dancing clown :D

Yes! That's it...big difference between the two!!!

Yes! That's it...big difference between the two!!!

Sometimes things that are contrived turn into a wonderful spontaneity.

For some what seems like a little inconsequential step to many of us is the first opening in a tsunami of feeling never before known. Does it really matter how it starts?

s

Sometimes things that are contrived turn into a wonderful spontaneity.

For some what seems like a little inconsequential step to many of us is the first opening in a tsunami of feeling never before known. Does it really matter how it starts?

s

I agree, it doesn't matter how it starts, but it matters very much how it feels! That Matt video feels contrived, the commercial above does not.

Sorry, I guess I'm just more discerning, to my detriment, perhaps... but I found Matt annoying in each picture, but I loved all the world's people dancing with enthusiasm. I guess I'm just like that. If it were truly joyous and spontaneous (compare with the "TaoBum inThe Woods" double rainbow thread...now that feels authentic and not contrived to me).

way to put people down and boost your self up, dude.

To be concerned whether it was 'contrived' or if Matt was being 'spontaneous' enough is missing the point in my opinion, as there was a heart there, it did what it was intending to do, and it did it the way it wanted to do it. And who gives a shit if it was? It made me happy (and sad), and no doubt it affected ALOT of people that viewed it and participated in it in a positive way. Anyway, to think that anything anyone does (unless they are an avatar or something) is truly spontaneous is naive; it only sometimes seems as such. Or you can always look at it from the perspective of 'not two', so at a fundamental reality, everything is absolute spontaneity as it couldn't be anything else. Regardless, I got more out of that video than most of what I read on this forum, that is for sure.

hey maybe betwixter and I should note that we're just more discerning than TheSongs....

Setting up a comparison like that could drag this thread into a mire of crap, I mean a' robust debate', with people floundering about justifying their own position instead of respecting others.