bindo

Sword Fingers

I am entirely convinced of the efficacy of SFQ, but as you know, I am also a Chu Nei Kung practitioner and haven't yet taken the time to squeeze SFQ into my evening routine. My Nei Kung energy flow is awesome and my evening meditations are deeply satisfying, so I'm being pretty selfish, although it's my suspicion that our NK practice will accelerate the SFQ when the time comes.

That was great -- first new close up vid of Chunyi Lin celebrating the new publication of the Mayo Clinic qigong study. Also those visuals were actually helpful for really explaining the processes of breaking up the blockage and then pulling the blockage out and then sending the energy back in. He then describes the feeling of pulling the blockage out. Excellent job by Gary Rebstock. haha.

I saw him giving her energy from more places than from the heart... funny. That's good though. He seems like a nice guy, good yellow and white light, Earth and Water, good for healing.

I meant more than what they illumined through special effects. :lol:

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Guest artform

Thanks bindo and All for posting this.

After looking into Chunyi Lin's work and SFQ (thanks again drew) I found that many of the energy phenomena that I had been experiencing fit with what is being set forth at SFQ. I have found the specific SFQ techniques come very naturally and powerfully.

Recently, I completely healed in a few hours, a wound that the doctors felt might have require surgery and days of recovery. More recently I have had two attacks of kidney stones in two days. As soon as the stone stopped moving, or the back pressure was relieved, and the pain was stable. I could bring it from 11 out of 10 down to about 7 out of 10 with an older meditative pain control technique I have used for years, then rolled over a bit and used Sword Fingers on my kidney/bladder area from the back. As I finished the pain was down to 2 out of 10. That was the minor residual pain from the damage to the ureter, which healed quickly over then next half hour.

Energies transmission over long distances, which I have been experiencing for months, now fit in the context of SFQ and healing energies transmissions. I am very grateful for the clarity and the technique developments of Chunyi Lin and SFQ.

all the best energy generation, flow, balance and health all

artform

I am entirely convinced of the efficacy of SFQ, but as you know, I am also a Chu Nei Kung practitioner and haven't yet taken the time to squeeze SFQ into my evening routine. My Nei Kung energy flow is awesome and my evening meditations are deeply satisfying, so I'm being pretty selfish, although it's my suspicion that our NK practice will accelerate the SFQ when the time comes.

I think you're right. I did the practices back to back for a few days and the chi flow was excellent. However, that was a while ago and I can't remember which one I did first. I think it was Nei Kung followed by SFQ. Usually I do a set of dynamic breathing exercises before Nei Kung. They work well together.

neigong.net/SFQ

Great video, thanks!

Having done SFQ for about 2 months I do feel some chi movement and increased sensitivity. The healing techniques like sword fingers and giving energy I have seen explained in the SFQ book and video, but I cannot feel and directly relate to yet. I am also a bit reluctant to try something on somebody else before having had a connection to it. On a plant or animal would be fine, though. smile.gif

One question that I have repeatedly asked myself is why is there no danger in depleting one's energy when healing/giving energy to somebody else in SFQ. I remember reading that in other systems you don't want to give your own chi, but instead act as a conduit for heavenly energy. But Chunyi Lin stresses that in his system you will even receive more energy every time you give energy to someone else. Is this because of the focus on heart/love energy?

Great video, thanks!

Having done SFQ for about 2 months I do feel some chi movement and increased sensitivity. The healing techniques like sword fingers and giving energy I have seen explained in the SFQ book and video, but I cannot feel and directly relate to yet. I am also a bit reluctant to try something on somebody else before having had a connection to it. On a plant or animal would be fine, though. smile.gif

One question that I have repeatedly asked myself is why is there no danger in depleting one's energy when healing/giving energy to somebody else in SFQ. I remember reading that in other systems you don't want to give your own chi, but instead act as a conduit for heavenly energy. But Chunyi Lin stresses that in his system you will even receive more energy every time you give energy to someone else. Is this because of the focus on heart/love energy?

i'm sure Drew can elaborate, but...

first, calling upon the master's energy ensures that you're plugged into a source greater than yourself. second, sword fingers is like using a laser instead of a cannon, so you are employing a smaller volume of energy than you would with an open palm, and it's directed very specifically rather than generally. so, theoretically, you're drawing in more energy through your alignment with the master's (or masters') energy than you are expelling through the sword fingers. that's pretty much the gist of it.

i'm sure Drew can elaborate, but...

first, calling upon the master's energy ensures that you're plugged into a source greater than yourself. second, sword fingers is like using a laser instead of a cannon, so you are employing a smaller volume of energy than you would with an open palm, and it's directed very specifically rather than generally. so, theoretically, you're drawing in more energy through your alignment with the master's (or masters') energy than you are expelling through the sword fingers. that's pretty much the gist of it.

Ah, how could I have missed that! Thank you for pointing that out, Hundun.

I guess it just goes to show that I have never done a course with master Lin and only learned from the video and book. Little things that have a big impact! It may be comparable to how reciting the SFQ password did nothing for me at first, but now (also through other practices) I feel a stronger connection to the universe and it enhances the practice quite a bit.

Now I still have to figure out on who's energy I should call - being a bit eclectic, I usually get confused at this point in the guided meditations. biggrin.gif

Edited by lydian

Great video, thanks!

Yeah the sword fingers is yin energy so it breaks up blockages while the thunder palms is yang energy. You probably know that already. haha.

Anyway Chunyi Lin teaches that the more we heal others the more we heal ourselves and Chunyi Lin also teaches that illness is just "extra energy" in the body that needs to be harmonized or transformed back into the emptiness. Finally Chunyi Lin teaches that the deeper you go into the emptiness the more healing power you have.

Still the focus on the heart/love energy is the correct answer -- congratulations! haha. The heart is how the soul connects to the emptiness and also to the energy around us -- so while the energy keeps transforming, the heart is sort of like the pivot that accesses the most power. Gurdjieff calls the heart the "great accumulator" but it's a bit difficult to figure it out what Gurdjieff is referring to. haha.

drew, I know about the concept of "sick qi." Is this what he is pulling out? Also, what about protecting oneself when healing? Is this addressed at any point in the SQF system? If so, what are the recommendations?

BTW, this is my first time seeing Chunyi Lin. What a powerfully peaceful presence. :)

Yeah if you first break up the blockage with the sword finger yin energy then the energy blockage has already been "dismantled" so to speak. haha. So then when you pull out the broken up energy then you just visualize it as going back to the emptiness -- and since it's visualized as smoke that's how it easily dissipates back into the emptiness.

Also Chunyi Lin teaches that if someone is trying to take your energy and you don't want to give it to them then you just use the mudra of putting your index fingers as a ring touching the tip of your thumbs. That stops your energy from leaving the body -- and also to keep your tongue up against the roof of your mouth along with smiling. haha. So you can just fold your arms and then with your hands under your arms have your thumbs touching your index fingers.

Still Chunyi Lin told this story about how he was teaching once somewhere in Arizona and there was a couple in the room who were using their skills to take Chunyi Lin's energy. So he knew what they were doing but instead of fighting it he just let them take as much as they wanted since Chunyi Lin can then just recharge himself from the emptiness -- through his "Big Accumulator" -- the heart center. So this process is a spiritual exorcism because the people taking the energy for their own selfish reasons realize through the energy experience that there's no limit to the energy! And so as they're trying to take the energy they realize they're not really gaining power over Chunyi Lin (it's not a win-lose situation) and so then they realize that their intention to steal the energy is not getting them anywhere in terms of their original bad intention. haha. So then they realize that what they were doing was wrong and so then they went up to Chunyi Lin and apologized. haha.

So that's pretty much how it works -- when the channels are open there's a continual flowing and recharging of the energy through the emptiness. Of course the healing and recharging experience is increased through training, etc. For example Chunyi Lin also teaches to never pull the energy blockage from straight out of the top of the center of the head. I forgot he taught that and once when my energy was really strong this old lady asked me for a healing. I accidentally pulled the energy blockage up out of the center of her head and we were both very surprised at what happened. haha. Nevertheless she knew I had good intentions and when I saw her later she smiled at me but it was a powerful learning experience. Also Chunyi Lin teaches to not use the sword fingers directly at the heart chakra since the heart is also yin energy and the sword fingers are yin energy so it creates a repulsion effect.

Basically the energy flows through intention but the intention is "bidirectional" through the emptiness so if a person tries to use energy work to steal energy what happens is that their bad intention creates a rebound effect of negative energy and the rebound is twice as strong. So that way the energy automatically corrects itself. The negative energy gets transformed into positive energy but the person with bad intention perceives the positive energy as twice as bad since it's the opposite of their intention! haha. Also if a person has a good intention but then makes a mistake in their healing energy as happened with me -- then the intention used to direct the energy will realize the mistake and automatically reverse the direction of the energy. Qigong master Yan Xin states that the intention of the energy is "bidirectional" and gives a similar example of how he accidentally caused a car engine to smoke when Yan Xin pulled down energy from a power line in order to jump start the car. haha. That's how the emptiness as consciousness guides the energy in a naturally healing way -- so that if you keep focusing on the emptiness then the love energy keeps increasing.

Edited by drewhempel

Yeah the sword fingers is yin energy so it breaks up blockages while the thunder palms is yang energy. You probably know that already. haha.

I once knew, but I forgot; I haven't really practiced level 2 yet. smile.gif

Anyway Chunyi Lin teaches that the more we heal others the more we heal ourselves and Chunyi Lin also teaches that illness is just "extra energy" in the body that needs to be harmonized or transformed back into the emptiness. Finally Chunyi Lin teaches that the deeper you go into the emptiness the more healing power you have.

Still the focus on the heart/love energy is the correct answer -- congratulations! haha. The heart is how the soul connects to the emptiness and also to the energy around us -- so while the energy keeps transforming, the heart is sort of like the pivot that accesses the most power. Gurdjieff calls the heart the "great accumulator" but it's a bit difficult to figure it out what Gurdjieff is referring to. haha.

Thanks, drew, I will ponder this.

Yeah if you first break up the blockage with the sword finger yin energy then the energy blockage has already been "dismantled" so to speak. haha. So then when you pull out the broken up energy then you just visualize it as going back to the emptiness -- and since it's visualized as smoke that's how it easily dissipates back into the emptiness.

Also Chunyi Lin teaches that if someone is trying to take your energy and you don't want to give it to them then you just use the mudra of putting your index fingers as a ring touching the tip of your thumbs. That stops your energy from leaving the body -- and also to keep your tongue up against the roof of your mouth along with smiling. haha. So you can just fold your arms and then with your hands under your arms have your thumbs touching your index fingers.

Still Chunyi Lin told this story about how he was teaching once somewhere in Arizona and there was a couple in the room who were using their skills to take Chunyi Lin's energy. So he knew what they were doing but instead of fighting it he just let them take as much as they wanted since Chunyi Lin can then just recharge himself from the emptiness -- through his "Big Accumulator" -- the heart center. So this process is a spiritual exorcism because the people taking the energy for their own selfish reasons realize through the energy experience that there's no limit to the energy! And so as they're trying to take the energy they realize they're not really gaining power over Chunyi Lin (it's not a win-lose situation) and so then they realize that their intention to steal the energy is not getting them anywhere in terms of their original bad intention. haha. So then they realize that what they were doing was wrong and so then they went up to Chunyi Lin and apologized. haha.

So that's pretty much how it works -- when the channels are open there's a continual flowing and recharging of the energy through the emptiness. Of course the healing and recharging experience is increased through training, etc. For example Chunyi Lin also teaches to never pull the energy blockage from straight out of the top of the center of the head. I forgot he taught that and once when my energy was really strong this old lady asked me for a healing. I accidentally pulled the energy blockage up out of the center of her head and we were both very surprised at what happened. haha. Nevertheless she knew I had good intentions and when I saw her later she smiled at me but it was a powerful learning experience. Also Chunyi Lin teaches to not use the sword fingers directly at the heart chakra since the heart is also yin energy and the sword fingers are yin energy so it creates a repulsion effect.

Basically the energy flows through intention but the intention is "bidirectional" through the emptiness so if a person tries to use energy work to steal energy what happens is that their bad intention creates a rebound effect of negative energy and the rebound is twice as strong. So that way the energy automatically corrects itself. The negative energy gets transformed into positive energy but the person with bad intention perceives the positive energy as twice as bad since it's the opposite of their intention! haha. Also if a person has a good intention but then makes a mistake in their healing energy as happened with me -- then the intention used to direct the energy will realize the mistake and automatically reverse the direction of the energy. Qigong master Yan Xin states that the intention of the energy is "bidirectional" and gives a similar example of how he accidentally caused a car engine to smoke when Yan Xin pulled down energy from a power line in order to jump start the car. haha. That's how the emptiness as consciousness guides the energy in a naturally healing way -- so that if you keep focusing on the emptiness then the love energy keeps increasing.

You make some good points.

I would like to point out something here about your response.

You say

...So then when you pull out the broken up energy then you just visualize it as going back to the emptiness

Making it seem like such as easy thing that every beginner can do. But then you say

Of course the healing and recharging experience is increased through training, etc.

So do you think these are increased through training and the first isn't?

I do believe Chunyi Lin can transmute sick qi like this. Perhaps you can do this, I can't see whether you have said. I can do this. But I can guarantee you I have met several of his students who CAN"T do this JUST as most students of most teachers can't UNTIL they have reached a certain stage in their development through directed time&effort practice. I have met several who thought they could do this but an observer who can SEE when these folk project to someone can usually tell that they cannot and are only deluding themselves.

Also, it is my understanding that certain schools here in the US still teach to pollute the Earth with it and offer no training on transmutation.

Just wanted to point this out because quite a few energy healers get very sick because they either think there is no such thing as sick qi or they think they can transform it to "flowers" or some such nonsense. The sick qi looks like a black cloud, or if it is an early stagnation a grey cloud. Virus are totally different.

My advice to anyone who sees videos of people projecting qi to others and all of a sudden decide they want to: Get the proper training.

We have been through this before.

You make some good points.

I would like to point out something here about your response.

You say

Making it seem like such as easy thing that every beginner can do. But then you say

So do you think these are increased through training and the first isn't?

I do believe Chunyi Lin can transmute sick qi like this. Perhaps you can do this, I can't see whether you have said. I can do this. But I can guarantee you I have met several of his students who CAN"T do this JUST as most students of most teachers can't UNTIL they have reached a certain stage in their development through directed time&effort practice. I have met several who thought they could do this but an observer who can SEE when these folk project to someone can usually tell that they cannot and are only deluding themselves.

Also, it is my understanding that certain schools here in the US still teach to pollute the Earth with it and offer no training on transmutation.

Just wanted to point this out because quite a few energy healers get very sick because they either think there is no such thing as sick qi or they think they can transform it to "flowers" or some such nonsense. The sick qi looks like a black cloud, or if it is an early stagnation a grey cloud. Virus are totally different.

My advice to anyone who sees videos of people projecting qi to others and all of a sudden decide they want to: Get the proper training.

We have been through this before.

Yeah that's great advice Ya Mu. Chunyi Lin teaches how to heal deeper energy blockages in the Level 3 and Level 4 classes. I've had friends take his Level 1 or maybe the Level 2 class and then right after the class they did healing on other people with great success. I think that their energy was extra charged up right after the class and then it wore off since they didn't keep up their energy training. Still the healing they did using the sword fingers and thunder palms was of more superficial blockages like aches and pains in the muscles and headaches, etc.

Chunyi Lin also says that, while taking the classes gives the information, it doesn't mean the student is necessarily at that level of training -- so he recommends three months of training before taking Level 3 -- which is the standard 100 day gong period, and traditionally would rely on celibacy and storing up the energy, etc. Then for the Level 3 class the focus is on opening up the third eye so he transmits energy to the middle of the brain by touching the forehead -- but this is based on how much the student can handle of course. To fully open up the third eye requires a lot of training. So the last time I took the Level 3 class Chunyi Lin, instead of touching my forehead to shoot energy into the middle of my brain, he put his palm on my heart to further open up my heart chakra. haha.

Basically I trained real seriously and I got to the "Dharmakaya" stage described in the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" -- I got to the chapters 9 to 11 -- with the immortal breathing as the macrocosmic orbit and the opening of the third eye. But I went too fast since I did the week long "energy fast" (just half glass of water) before I took the Level 3 class where fasting is taught. haha. So then later Chunyi Lin said that if the energy gets that strong to call him on the phone instead of getting too afraid or over-excited, etc. That was 10 years ago though before he had his healing center.

I still took Level 4 and I took all the classes several times but my training never got to that level again -- I saw dead spirits, had telepathy, telekinesis, precognition, and did some serious healing. After that I stopped training and so my energy channels closed up a bit but I still have this permanent magnetic bliss in the center of my brain and I see light externally still when I meditate more during a day.

Mainly I'm still adjusting to the fact that I have to be on the "modified bigu" diet -- because if I eat a normal amount of food then it just goes to my head as anaerobic bacteria -- so I have to eat very pure food or else there's problems. Sugar is especially bad and it's in everything - bread, peanut butter, yogurt, etc. So that is a pretty serious deal because it requires my family, etc. to accept the fact that I have to be on a special diet or else it's an energy blockage but my family is not really into meditation to say the least. haha. Still they're learning to come to terms with my permanent psycho-physiological transformation -- even though it happened ten years ago!!

The other big issue is the external jing life force energy from other people -- Ya Mu do you consider that to be "sick qi" if you take in someone's jing energy and then you transform it into chi-shen energy that is transmitted back to that person?

For example Michael Winn talks about how one of the leaders in Yogananda's lineage had to rely on young females to recharge his jing energy when he was older. So that's the great taboo in energy healing in my opinion -- the tantra dynamics of transforming female jing or electrochemical life force energy into the chi-shen healing energy. Obviously if the jing energy is from another organ as lower emotional energy then it's a blockage that has to be harmonized into the love energy -- so liver is anger, pancreas is worry, kidney is fear, lungs is sadness, and the heart is over-excitement.

Master Nan and Bodri teach that even this taking in of jing energy and transmitting of chi energy is all a dynamic of pollution -- no different than excrement or phelgm in the body. Also they emphasize that tantra only gets a person to the first dhyana of bliss and to the lower level of the 2nd dhyana of form.

So I think that's the case for taking in the jing energy of others and then harmonizing it into love energy that is then transmitted back out of the pineal gland as chi-shen healing energy. But when practicing in an environment where there is a constant exchange of energy with people who don't practice qigong, etc. then there are always people who want and need the chi energy - who desire it -- even though they don't know what qi is! haha. I mean people will chase me down to get the chi energy! haha. Otherwise to do "real" meditation requires a special training environment -- which I'm sure you were able to achieve when you trained in China Ya Mu!! For me I just moved out to the countryside so I have a better environment for training but now I'm focused on healing my parents as they're in their mid-70s.

Yeah I still do healing but it's more on the jing level of energy blockages -- not the deeper chi or shen blockages. When I transmit the energy I do it in full lotus and it transmits through walls, ceilings etc. via the pineal gland transduction -- an electromagnetic bliss in the pineal gland. Then I can perceive the energy blockages in the people around me through my own internal organs tingling -- so if a person has a liver blockage then my liver will get real hot as I clear out their blockage or if they have a lung blockage then my lungs will tingle as I clear out the person's sadness, etc. That's what I mean by the holographic nature of the healing experience since it's as if you're inside the other person and the other person is inside you.

So any feedback and criticisms you have Ya Mu about diet, about healing, about storing up the chi, etc. would be great but that's my experience. I'm still working on refining a lot of factors. haha. I've had several situations that were dangerous -- mainly from "closeted thugs" attracted to my energy and so I just sat in full lotus and then transmitted chi into them. That's been my practice - sitting in full lotus and then the energy just transmits where it needs to go whether it's the jing energy into my body from outside or the chi-shen energy out of my body. So I just stay in full lotus until the blockages clear out -- which means unless I'm in a safe environment then I just keep in full lotus -- and rely on it even during the night if I have to counteract bad energy in my vicinity -- in the same house, etc.

Yeah that's great advice Ya Mu. Chunyi Lin teaches how to heal deeper energy blockages in the Level 3 and Level 4 classes. I've had friends take his Level 1 or maybe the Level 2 class and then right after the class they did healing on other people with great success. I think that their energy was extra charged up right after the class and then it wore off since they didn't keep up their energy training. Still the healing they did using the sword fingers and thunder palms was of more superficial blockages like aches and pains in the muscles and headaches, etc.

Chunyi Lin also says that, while taking the classes gives the information, it doesn't mean the student is necessarily at that level of training -- so he recommends three months of training before taking Level 3 -- which is the standard 100 day gong period, and traditionally would rely on celibacy and storing up the energy, etc. Then for the Level 3 class the focus is on opening up the third eye so he transmits energy to the middle of the brain by touching the forehead -- but this is based on how much the student can handle of course. To fully open up the third eye requires a lot of training. So the last time I took the Level 3 class Chunyi Lin, instead of touching my forehead to shoot energy into the middle of my brain, he put his palm on my heart to further open up my heart chakra. haha.

Basically I trained real seriously and I got to the "Dharmakaya" stage described in the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" -- I got to the chapters 9 to 11 -- with the immortal breathing as the macrocosmic orbit and the opening of the third eye. But I went too fast since I did the week long "energy fast" (just half glass of water) before I took the Level 3 class where fasting is taught. haha. So then later Chunyi Lin said that if the energy gets that strong to call him on the phone instead of getting too afraid or over-excited, etc. That was 10 years ago though before he had his healing center.

I still took Level 4 and I took all the classes several times but my training never got to that level again -- I saw dead spirits, had telepathy, telekinesis, precognition, and did some serious healing. After that I stopped training and so my energy channels closed up a bit but I still have this permanent magnetic bliss in the center of my brain and I see light externally still when I meditate more during a day.

Mainly I'm still adjusting to the fact that I have to be on the "modified bigu" diet -- because if I eat a normal amount of food then it just goes to my head as anaerobic bacteria -- so I have to eat very pure food or else there's problems. Sugar is especially bad and it's in everything - bread, peanut butter, yogurt, etc. So that is a pretty serious deal because it requires my family, etc. to accept the fact that I have to be on a special diet or else it's an energy blockage but my family is not really into meditation to say the least. haha. Still they're learning to come to terms with my permanent psycho-physiological transformation -- even though it happened ten years ago!!

The other big issue is the external jing life force energy from other people -- Ya Mu do you consider that to be "sick qi" if you take in someone's jing energy and then you transform it into chi-shen energy that is transmitted back to that person?

For example Michael Winn talks about how one of the leaders in Yogananda's lineage had to rely on young females to recharge his jing energy when he was older. So that's the great taboo in energy healing in my opinion -- the tantra dynamics of transforming female jing or electrochemical life force energy into the chi-shen healing energy. Obviously if the jing energy is from another organ as lower emotional energy then it's a blockage that has to be harmonized into the love energy -- so liver is anger, pancreas is worry, kidney is fear, lungs is sadness, and the heart is over-excitement.

Master Nan and Bodri teach that even this taking in of jing energy and transmitting of chi energy is all a dynamic of pollution -- no different than excrement or phelgm in the body. Also they emphasize that tantra only gets a person to the first dhyana of bliss and to the lower level of the 2nd dhyana of form.

So I think that's the case for taking in the jing energy of others and then harmonizing it into love energy that is then transmitted back out of the pineal gland as chi-shen healing energy. But when practicing in an environment where there is a constant exchange of energy with people who don't practice qigong, etc. then there are always people who want and need the chi energy - who desire it -- even though they don't know what qi is! haha. I mean people will chase me down to get the chi energy! haha. Otherwise to do "real" meditation requires a special training environment -- which I'm sure you were able to achieve when you trained in China Ya Mu!! For me I just moved out to the countryside so I have a better environment for training but now I'm focused on healing my parents as they're in their mid-70s.

Yeah I still do healing but it's more on the jing level of energy blockages -- not the deeper chi or shen blockages. When I transmit the energy I do it in full lotus and it transmits through walls, ceilings etc. via the pineal gland transduction -- an electromagnetic bliss in the pineal gland. Then I can perceive the energy blockages in the people around me through my own internal organs tingling -- so if a person has a liver blockage then my liver will get real hot as I clear out their blockage or if they have a lung blockage then my lungs will tingle as I clear out the person's sadness, etc. That's what I mean by the holographic nature of the healing experience since it's as if you're inside the other person and the other person is inside you.

So any feedback and criticisms you have Ya Mu about diet, about healing, about storing up the chi, etc. would be great but that's my experience. I'm still working on refining a lot of factors. haha. I've had several situations that were dangerous -- mainly from "closeted thugs" attracted to my energy and so I just sat in full lotus and then transmitted chi into them. That's been my practice - sitting in full lotus and then the energy just transmits where it needs to go whether it's the jing energy into my body from outside or the chi-shen energy out of my body. So I just stay in full lotus until the blockages clear out -- which means unless I'm in a safe environment then I just keep in full lotus -- and rely on it even during the night if I have to counteract bad energy in my vicinity -- in the same house, etc.

I can't give any advice about diet or nutrition but for some reason when I read of your need for a special diet I saw a product called "Blue Heron" from Integrative Therapeutics flash before my eyes. Can't say what that means.

Our terminology is somewhat different so it is difficult for me to communicate on a direct basis with what you have said and asked. I do find your viewpoint interesting. I do clearly understand what you are talking about with people wanting to chase you down due to your energetics. What I have found is that they are attracted to advanced practitioners glow and if we do a "cloaking procedure" then most can't tell what level we are and it will decrease having to deal with what you are describing.

We do not use the method where we have a one-to-one resonance with the person's blockages. We instead see the blockage and project into the area, break it up pretty much as you described, then pull the sick qi out. Or we jump to the Shen level above whatever we are perceiving and do the healing from that level for an as-above-so-below effect.

Also Chunyi Lin teaches to not use the sword fingers directly at the heart chakra since the heart is also yin energy and the sword fingers are yin energy so it creates a repulsion effect.

The part I have made bold.

Not so, not at all.

1. The heart is NOT yin.

2. Identical energy in this case DOES NOT have 'a repulsion effect'. We are not talking magnetism here-we are talking projecting energy into an area. You most certainly DO add energy that is THE SAME.

In Chunyi Lin's words:

1.'The vibration of the energy from the sword fingers does not agree to that of the heart. The quality of sword finger's energy is more negative while the heart's energy is more positive'. ('Spring Forest Qigong: Level 2 for Healing'. Page 47).

2.'I give energy back to the kidneys by using my sword fingers. Kidney energy belongs to Yin. Energy from sword fingers belongs to Yin too. They match up very well.' ('Spring Forest Qigong: Level 2 for Healing'. Page 50).

Once again Drew, you have made a statement that FUNDAMENTALLY DISAGREES with what Chunyi Lin has stated. Why?

I have to ask because you have expressed your opinions far and wide across the internet regarding qigong. In fact, I have seen you called a 'qigong researcher' in one interview. Some people seem to think you are some kind of reliable source of information regarding qigong in general and Spring Forest Qigong in particular.

If you give interviews, then you are setting yourself up as some kind of authority. If you widely express opinions on a particular method, (in this case Spring Forest Qigong) then you are also setting yourself up as some kind of authority on that method. This being the case, you really should be getting the basic facts correct.

It wouldn't bother me, except for the fact that some of your 'advice' is not only wrong, but it is also dangerous. I refer to the idea of talking in 'sick qi' and attempting to change it. You made this claim in another thread, yet Chunyi Lin expressly advises NOT to do this.

As a curtesy to Spring Forest Qigong, Chunyi Lin, and especially to beginners in qigong who may not know any better, I feel you have an obligation to get your facts right. If you can't remember the details, then check a reference or even better, go back to Chunyi Lin and do a refresher. Don't just make things up. This is not a game and you have a responsibility to not mislead people in such potentially dangerous practices.

From what I read in Ya Mu's book, you must make sure to protect your own Qi from letting the sick Qi into its flow. This is a very vague way of saying it, as I don't feel right attempting to fully describe anything before I actually have a class with Ya Mu.

I think that's the big missing step. If you don't do that, it's more like you're transferring the sick ki, if you even have Intent enough to manipulate anything at all.

The part I have made bold.

Not so, not at all.

1. The heart is NOT yin.

2. Identical energy in this case DOES NOT have 'a repulsion effect'. We are not talking magnetism here-we are talking projecting energy into an area. You most certainly DO add energy that is THE SAME.

In Chunyi Lin's words:

1.'The vibration of the energy from the sword fingers does not agree to that of the heart. The quality of sword finger's energy is more negative while the heart's energy is more positive'. ('Spring Forest Qigong: Level 2 for Healing'. Page 47).

2.'I give energy back to the kidneys by using my sword fingers. Kidney energy belongs to Yin. Energy from sword fingers belongs to Yin too. They match up very well.' ('Spring Forest Qigong: Level 2 for Healing'. Page 50).

Once again Drew, you have made a statement that FUNDAMENTALLY DISAGREES with what Chunyi Lin has stated. Why?

I have to ask because you have expressed your opinions far and wide across the internet regarding qigong. In fact, I have seen you called a 'qigong researcher' in one interview. Some people seem to think you are some kind of reliable source of information regarding qigong in general and Spring Forest Qigong in particular.

If you give interviews, then you are setting yourself up as some kind of authority. If you widely express opinions on a particular method, (in this case Spring Forest Qigong) then you are also setting yourself up as some kind of authority on that method. This being the case, you really should be getting the basic facts correct.

It wouldn't bother me, except for the fact that some of your 'advice' is not only wrong, but it is also dangerous. I refer to the idea of talking in 'sick qi' and attempting to change it. You made this claim in another thread, yet Chunyi Lin expressly advises NOT to do this.

As a curtesy to Spring Forest Qigong, Chunyi Lin, and especially to beginners in qigong who may not know any better, I feel you have an obligation to get your facts right. If you can't remember the details, then check a reference or even better, go back to Chunyi Lin and do a refresher. Don't just make things up. This is not a game and you have a responsibility to not mislead people in such potentially dangerous practices.

Thanks for the correction! Does it "fundamentally disagree"? haha. Chunyi Lin does say not to use the sword fingers on the heart which is what I also stated. I just got the reason for not doing it incorrect -- I got the yin and yang part turned around. MY FAULT!!!!

You ask "Why did I give wrong information?" The answer is I remembered incorrectly! haha. That's why! It's very simple. If I had remembered that I didn't remember correctly then I would have looked for some source for further clarification. haha. Thankfully you corrected it!

Yeah sometimes I get the yin and yang energies turned around -- since the yin and yang are within each other on different levels. I encourage people to provide any details to correct me -- that's exactly why I like posting online for the dialog. As for me posting widely on the internet -- that's just free speech -- and yeah it's just my opinions open for correction, of course. So I appreciate the correction!

So, for example, if the body's small universe back channel is yang and the front channel is yin and the heart is yang and the sword fingers are yin -- then what exactly "types" of yin and yang are those?

Would you care to help me out? haha.

Is it jing as yin or is it shen as yin for the swordfingers? For example there's "yin spirit" as shen energy which would be the light energy. So we can assume that the yin swordfingers are the shen light energy since that's what is being visualized. Then there's also shen "yang spirit" as shen physical energy that has turned back into jing energy (which is yin). So my guess is that if the front channel is yin this is referring to the shen energy as light energy while the heart as yang is referring to a deeper shen energy as the physical jing soul energy - the yang body.

What's your take on it? The jing is considered yin (called "negative vitality" in "Taoist Yoga") while the qi is considered yang ("positive vitality")....

On the other hand sometimes people claim I've made some error but they don't provide any evidence to back up their claim. haha. So I greatly appreciate you providing actual quotes from Chunyi Lin!! It makes sense that the heart is yang as it states in "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" that the eyes are yang and that the body's spirit is expressed through the eyes via the heart but then during sleep the spirit moves to the liver.

So then the yang energy of the heart must be referring to chi energy - "positive vitality" -- while the yin energy of the front channel is referring to jing energy (or is it shen energy?). And then the swordfingers as yin is referring to the "Yin spirit" of the shen energy since, again, it's "light" energy. That sounds pretty good but again I'd appreciate any clarification on these yang and yin differences of the back/front channels and the heart and swordfingers. The thunderpalms as yang energy would, again, be chi energy I would think.

As for me "taking in sick qi" -- that's not something I try to do. It's a more interactive phenomenon of the energy -- I would say that "opposites attract." The energy is changing all the time -- but it's the emptiness that balances the energy!! What's the emptiness? I would say it's this eternal process of the complementary opposite resonance of yin and yang itself -- which self-organizes as formless awareness.

For example my sister was visiting recently -- she was sitting on the deck, smoking outside. I had been in the garden and then I joined her. Immediately my lungs began buzzing with this tingling electrical sensation along with the strong emotion of sadness. So I could feel her sadness really strongly and I knew it was from her smoking. She's smoked since high school and got depression in high school. My dad smokes but since I'm regularly doing full lotus pineal gland healing on my dad I keep his sadness cleared out but I used to get the same lung tingling sadness activated by my dad smoking as well. He's actually cut back on his smoking (and his coffee drinking and his alcohol drinking!!)

Anyway I didn't "try" to take in my sister's "sick qi" -- NO! haha. At the same time that I felt her sadness through the tingling of my lungs, I also felt my chi energy going into her to heal her. I wasn't even in full lotus! I was just sitting about 10 feet from her. As my chi energy went into her -- via the center of my brain, again an electromagnetic bliss sensation, my body also was off-gassing my own internal jing blockages from bad diet. As I stated I have to eat a very pure diet or else the chi rejects it. So I sense that bad diet jing blockage also as a tingling sensation in my body. I think I had had a bunch of cookies and other processed food with sugar (peanut butter, bread, etc.). haha. My sister could smell this bad diet off-gassing just as I could smell her smoke! haha. So all those energy interactions were going on at the same time!!

Anyway I know from experience that people who smoke also suffer from depression. Once my coworker entered into the room where I was working. He didn't say anything to me, he "seemed" normal but I immediately was overwhelmed by the strongest emotion of sadness. Again I didn't "try" to take in his sick qi -- it's actually sick jing energy to be specific -- but it's an automatic flow and transformation of the energy. My chi goes into him and then my body sucks up his sick jing and it was the lung tingling sensation as sadness. haha.

So I just said to my coworker -- "why are you so sad?" He was shocked that I could feel his sadness but he didn't want to admit this. So then I just said to him: "if you quit smoking then your sadness will go away." He was only 24 and amazingly he quit smoking and his sadness went away!! It was very cool.

The thing is I knew he was sad because he made me sad! It's true I was probably sitting in full lotus when he entered the room but that's not necessary as I was not in full lotus when I was with my sister. Still I usually sit in full lotus at least a few hours a day -- usually in half hour or hour segments, depending on if I need to take a leak.

So these dynamics are sort of difficult to explain. Another time I was reading in full lotus in BK and ... well I'll spare you the details -- but suffice it to say my liver got really hot and then this dude who suffered from alcoholism -- a total stranger -- after I cleared out his liver blockage -- he came up to me, out of nowhere, and all he said was:

thanks.

Now before that healing took place again "automatically," his reaction to me, because of his liver blockage, was anger!! So yeah that was a dangerous situation. haha. Still that energy healing transformation only took about 5 or maybe 10 minutes.

But the reason I started sitting in full lotus in public was because I'd be reading in public places and, I kid you not, but females -- total strangers -- would practically attack me! Well I could tell tons of stories but you know what I mean. I mean even young females would be hitting on me so strong. I wasn't in full lotus I was just reading -- on a bench, or in the library, or in a restaurant, or bookstores, or in the park, etc. Of course I would try to be nice about it but they just wanted my chi energy without knowing what it was and I would have to reverse the effects of their attraction to me. So I began to sit in full lotus in public and that way I would reverse the effects without it being an issue. In other words the females could "attack" me all they wanted and it didn't matter anymore -- problem solved. Also my work office had a lot of aggressive young females. haha. Of course I have tons of stories about what I called the "O at a D" phenomenon which is the psychic mutual climax -- the internal orgasms that are mutual from my chi energy going into a female and then the female's jing energy going into me. That happened literally hundreds of times in public with females over the past four years after I first discovered this "O at a D" (orgasm at a distance) phenomenon. It was always at a distance -- through walls, ceilings, back to back in the same room, across fields. I would just be reading -- the only difference now is I sat in full lotus -- and so it was like a multi-tasking as my left brain could read while my right brain would be transmitting the chi and the perineum would take in the jing energy.

So again I claim that it is taboo to talk about this in energy healing -- because energy healing in the East comes from a tradition usually where there is suppose to be a separation from females and the females are not suppose to hit on the males based on their attraction, etc. haha. But there is the taboo tantra tradition which is more for the poor people who couldn't afford the training with the energy masters. Professor Hugh B. Urban discusses this tantra of the poor in great detail -- about tantra and class dynamics, mainly in India, -- he has an excellent article on Ramakrishna and Vivekananda and how the poor couldn't afford to study with them. On China Dr. David Palmer's book "Qigong Fever" discusses the class issues with qigong and the government - it's a fascinating topic -- how some qigong becomes officially sanctioned but then it also becomes too expensive.

So the jing energy is not necessarily "sick" jing energy -- it's life force energy as the internal reproductive energy and once that gets flowing then there's mutual climax after mutual climax from the chi energy going into the female and the female's jing energy going into the male. Then after about 10 mutual climaxes (which is actually 30 internal female climaxes) the heart chakra opens up and there's strong mutual love as chi energy between the male and the female. As Chunyi Lin says first the energy builds up in the kidneys as reproductive energy then it goes to the liver and then to the heart and then to the pineal gland.

Of course I'm just talking from my own experiences. Food obviously increases the jing energy but it's also an impure source of jing energy. Gurdjieff talks about this as well -- how sex energy is actually the best source of energy if it is transformed properly. I remember Chunyi Lin mentioning jing energy ONCE -- and that was during a guild meeting -- which are practice healing sessions for the students outside of class -- anyway he also said at that time it's crucial to not think about sex. I had my copy of "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" in my backpack at the time so I was happy to hear Chunyi Lin practically quoting from that book!! He quoted from that "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" book another time -- very specifically -- how he had reached a state of meditation that is detailed at the very end of the book which happens right before the yang spirit as a physical body emerges out. I had the book in my backpack that time as well. haha. But that was fairly early on in the classes -- around 2001 -- and then later on Chunyi Lin said he was more "Americanized" and that normally Chinese culture doesn't talk about those things, etc.

That's exactly the process that happens in terms of reversing people's jing blockages -- so basically if it's a liver (anger) or lung (sadness) or pancreas (worry) or kidney (fear) blockage then it gets reversed -- the full lotus creates the kidney will power and the liver creates the wisdom healing through lots of green energy and then the heart opens up and that's the love energy.

Now too much love as over-excitement can even be a problem -- and the reverse of this over-excitement of the love is the broken heart -- and that's very real too -- that aching broken heart sensation. But still once the heart love energy opens up then it converts to the chi energy via the pineal gland and also via the slower breathing as the lung energy creating more courage -- combined with the heart to make compassion. After that the chi energy gets real strong. That also goes along with fasting and more of the tantric energy exchanges.

That's basically tantra because it's through interactive healing with other people based on complementary opposites -- the male and female energy. Again I rely on the full lotus for this -- the energy just flows on its own. I just sit in full lotus. It's true that I also "flex my pineal gland" to transmit the chi energy but the chi energy builds up in the brain and then will transmit on its own as well. So by the continual transformation of the energy through the pineal gland transmitting and then the perineum taking in the jing energy -- then I can sit in full lotus for hours nonstop -- unless I need a bathroom break! haha. Of course this can be done with males as well but it's not quit the same since the male doesn't naturally sublimate their sexual energy as does a female -- through the parasympathetic internal climaxes.

The love is very real and strong but as I mentioned the tantra still only takes you to the 1st Dhyana level of the bliss realm and to the beginning of the realm of form. That's why for "real" meditation beyond that there needs to be a special training environment -- most importantly with the personal supervision of an energy master to guide the training. Because at that level of energy when the chi is really strong then in a normal mundane environment you're going to be doing serious spirit exorcisms of people -- again the energy just flows into people and their attracted to it, etc. Their emotional blockages will get exorcised real strong -- a lot of times it will be their liver anger blockages!! So I was at that more powerful level just briefly -- after I did my week long fast on just half a glass of water. That's when I could see dead spirits as well -- the shen energy -- the dead spirits come to get healed by Chunyi Lin.

So usually a teacher will do a closer supervision training at that advanced energy level but most teachers just have one person they train to be an energy master -- for Chunyi Lin it's Jim Nance. So Chunyi Lin told Jim Nance that he had to sit in full lotus two hours nonstop every night, without missing a night! haha. That was just to get to the real meditation of the nirvikalpa samadhi -- or emptiness -- the Dharmakaya. Chunyi Lin has trained several other "master healers" but they're not "qigong masters" like Jim Nance is. Usually at that "Master healer" level the person does healing professionally -- requiring payment, and having a special location, an office or something, to do the healing, etc. So there's now several SFQ "master healers" with websites, etc.

Just because I post online doesn't make me an expert obviously! haha. I just share what I know and welcome any criticism. There is an official online forum for questions about SFQ that I mentioned on the other thread -- but then since you're quoting one of the training manuals that's an excellent source of information. Hopefully Sean Denty will present the answers to the questions that people on Taobums asked Chunyi Lin -- that would be very fascinating.

I've had a couple online interviews -- one in Spanish! It's just because someone wants to interview me! haha. If you read the interview I'm very honest about all sorts of details which make it plain I'm not an "authority." haha. Still I have had some pretty wild experiences and I did get to take quite a few classes from Chunyi Lin which was fun. He said "Drew is a healer" but, of course, Chunyi Lin says we are all born as healers! haha. Chunyi Lin did say I had an "enlightenment experience" once soon after I had it and I shared it to him in a class he was teaching. That's when he told me to not get too afraid or over-excited when the energy gets that strong and next time to call him on the phone! haha. Chunyi Lin also told me once that my "mind was confused" and another time he said to "stop eating crap." haha.

Yeah here is the full version of my interview -- it was highly edited for the website but then in small print at the end of the website interview there is this link for all the nitty gritty details:

http://www.martialdevelopment.com/wordpress/wp-content/files/drew-hempel-spring-forest-qigong.pdf

That was just about a year ago! Since then I've been able to reread "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" as it's available online. That's how I realized I had gone through everything from chapters 9 to 11 in "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" -- all the problems AND the solutions! haha. It just takes a long time to adjust to the energy and figure things out from books, etc. I had given away all my previous qigong books, etc. -- including the manual that you're quoting from -- just because I had a lot of coworkers very interested in learning more about the energy healing but they were all too poor. haha.

Edited by drewhempel

I clearly stated 'the part I have made in bold'.

'since the heart is also yin energy and the sword fingers are yin energy so it creates a repulsion effect.'

Your forgetting the details isn't going to help someone foolish enough to try what you say. Check and be sure or don't post it. I emphasise this to YOU, because some people seem to court your opinion. Rightly or wrongly some people think you know and understand the detail in such things. Clearly from your comments that is not so.

I've never read 'Taoist Yoga' and have no intentions of doing so. I spend my time training what I've been taught, rather than reading 'theory'. When I have a question, I ask my teacher. That is the way it should be, in my opinion.

Clearly people looking for advice on Spring Forest Qigong should be looking at the manuals or asking on the official forum you mentioned earlier.

I really wish-for your sake-you'd go back to Chunyi Lin and finish the training that you started.

IMO one shouldn't take information at face value. Everything I read on this board and elsewhere on the internet I take cum granu salis. Where is the poster coming from what has he/she studied, what are his credentials, what feeling do I get from reading a collection of his posts. I appreciate discussion on issues that I have not yet had personal experience, but I try to be very cautious in applying it.

In defense of drew, he is not an official representative of SFQ and has not said so. He just shares his own experiences with this system and other methods he has practised. IMO, his posts can be a bit unfocused and theory-laden, but certainly food for thought. He does encourage people to try out SFQ, but that is ok. I would not have found it, otherwise and I thank him for that. smile.gif

On the other hand, the correction you made, mjjbecker, is valuable. Thank you for it. I don't take drew's word as gospel w.r.t. SFQ. I only really trust Master Lin himself, since I love his presence.

Since the official SFQ forum was brought up: I read through pages of posts sometime ago and was a bit disappointed by what I got out of it. It deals mostly with beginner questions and the answers are not deep. Nowhere comparable with an average level on taobums. The reason is probably to keep the alchemical jargon out of SFQ and make it accessible for regular people. I get the feeling it is a bit oversimplified in this respect, although I love the concept of simplicity of the SFQ active exercises and meditations. There is enough in there to keep oneself busy for a long time.

I feel that theory certainly can provide another level of understanding of 'stuff' that happens during practise, after the fact. But, it pales before actual experience. So, when it comes to qigong I am in favor of doing what one has been taught. I cannot deny the urge to compare SFQ with other systems, since that is what my rational mind likes to do. Ideally I would like to directly ask Chunyi Lin questions and study with him. As this is not possible for me, this board is the next best thing. I am definitely looking forward to Sean's interview with Master Lin!

Rainbow_Vein thanks for bringing up the question of "sick qi" and how one would protect oneself in healing somebody. I am sure I can't transmute sick qi and I guess this is not something one can simply learn from a book.

Since I am cautious, I would only try the sword fingers and on myself. Would that be safe from your experience, Ya Mu? If I then draw out sick qi and drop it with my hand, would that just pollute the earth, as you mentioned?

Thanks for indulging a newbie smile.gif

I feel that theory certainly can provide another level of understanding of 'stuff' that happens during practise, after the fact. But, it pales before actual experience.

Rainbow_Vein thanks for bringing up the question of "sick qi" and how one would protect oneself in healing somebody. I am sure I can't transmute sick qi and I guess this is not something one can simply learn from a book.

Since I am cautious, I would only try the sword fingers and on myself. Would that be safe from your experience, Ya Mu? If I then draw out sick qi and drop it with my hand, would that just pollute the earth, as you mentioned?

Thanks for indulging a newbie smile.gif

I put in bold something you wrote that is something which should be emphasized. Good for you!

Since you are at the same energy potential as yourself I don't think you have anything to worry about. The small amount, if any, can be neutralized by simply washing your hands or rubbing alcohol on them. I have seen only small/no results for projecting qi to oneself. Better to simply practice your qigong. One thing a valid qigong practice does is help dissipate sick qi.

...As for me "taking in sick qi" -- that's not something I try to do. ...

No one in their right mind would TRY to do this. It is not a matter of trying, it is a matter that it just happens. You may simply sit long enough to shake or burn it out of yourself OR your self-stated digestive/psychological issues MAY be a direct effect of the healing you have done Or you may have actually learned how to transmute - if so this is at the Shen level.