Aetherous

Raymond Wolter's temporary suspension from posting.

Give me a I

Give me a l

Give me a l

Give me a e

Give me a g

Give me a i

Give me a t

Give me a i

Give me a m

Give me a i

Give me a n

Give me a o

Give me a n

Give me a c

Give me a a

Give me a r

Give me a b

Give me a o

Give me a r

Give me a u

Give me a n

Give me a d

Give me a u

Give me a m

What have ya got !?

(I tell ya, it was hard work writing that! I don't fancy that job.)

Actually it sounds like you don't understand people as a whole. If you can't identify idiocy in your own behavior than you might want to stop posting until you can.

If its not against the rules - stop being an idiot and telling people to stop posting. That's idiotic.

Edited by Tao99

If you can't find anything against the rules in what I write to report, maybe you better just shut up and mind your own business and your own far worse idiocy in your own behavior.

If its not against the rules - stop being an idiot and stay out of my way

So Rainbow_Vein very astutely put her finger on the dynamic at work when we fail to self moderate.

it's called

slippery slope

• Like 1

Well, seeing as how Raymond's suspension was only a week I guess he is almost back.

I have read everyone's points, and while I still don't think "cheerleader" is a sexist word, it does insinuate that the person is unconscious/unawakened.

Just so everyone knows, where I'm from (possibly throughout all of America) "cheerleader" is commonly used as a way to say that a person you're arguing against is a supporter of something that you disagree with. I've even heard of it being used in the positive sense, like "I'm a proud cheerleader of ____". In that case it doesn't mean the person is calling themselves stupid.

So at least where I'm from, it's not a big deal.

I suppose moderation is getting heavier here, and maybe that's not such a bad thing! Many of my friends don't participate on this forum due to its abrasive nature. I personally think that whenever there's more laws, then there's more criminal behavior...but everything works out regardless.

So, I suppose the only problem I really have with this case is that Raymond wasn't given a warning. Is there a policy on how people will be suspended? If some people are getting 2 warnings, and some are getting none, that is seen as unfair.

And Mal, you are the mod that has assisted me the most here, and I consider you a forum friend. So my questioning of this case is not personal! I mainly just felt bad about Raymond's confusion in all of this.

If you can't find anything against the rules to report in what I write, maybe you better just mind your own business and mind your own far worse idiocy in your own behavior.

If its not against the rules - stop being an idiot and telling people to stop posting. That's idiotic.

Now that we are beyond the age of five you can try replying to me with something other than what I just said, to you.

Well, seeing as how Raymond's suspension was only a week I guess he is almost back.

I have read everyone's points, and while I still don't think "cheerleader" is a sexist word, it does insinuate that the person is unconscious/unawakened.

Just so everyone knows, where I'm from (possibly throughout all of America) "cheerleader" is commonly used as a way to say that a person you're arguing against is a supporter of something that you disagree with. I've even heard of it being used in the positive sense, like "I'm a proud cheerleader of ____". In that case it doesn't mean the person is calling themselves stupid.

I suppose moderation is getting heavier here, and maybe that's not such a bad thing! Many of my friends don't participate on this forum due to its abrasive nature. I personally think that whenever there's more laws, then there's more criminal behavior...but everything works out regardless.

So, I suppose the only problem I really have with this case is that Raymond wasn't given a warning. Is there a policy on how people will be suspended? If some people are getting 2 warnings, and some are getting none, that is seen as unfair.

And Mal, you are the mod that has assisted me the most here, and I consider you a forum friend. So my questioning of this case is not personal! I mainly just felt bad about Raymond's confusion in all of this.

Good practical simple idea to discuss warnings.

Great idea considerably more chewy, to discuss what self moderation actually involves as it appears some people are unable to figure out what is civil and actually contributes to the forum and what is not civil and drags the forum down into

Many of my friends don't participate on this forum due to its abrasive nature.

Raymond is not I think the only person to be put on holiday without a warning. Would it be ok to label this whole fuss about it Drama King behaviour. That's an ok label, isnt it, if we are not objecting to labelling one another.

Yea, "cheerleader" is something of an inkblot test for people to Freudian project upon, lol.

Cheerleaders are "dumb girls?" Isn't this assumption in itself sexist and insulting to cheerleaders? What about all the smart cheerleaders? What about all the male cheerleaders?

Fact is, cheerleaders and jocks make easy targets because they reside at the top of our social food chain. In reality, they are essentially demigods in our society. Hence they get paid, laid & also player-hated on the most. :lol:

Edited by vortex

That's an ok label, isnt it, if we are not objecting to labelling one another.

That is another good thing to discuss...if labeling is ALWAYS considered an insult worthy of suspension.

Yea, "cheerleader" is something of an inkblot test for people to Freudian project upon, lol.

Cheerleaders are "dumb girls?" Isn't this assumption in itself sexist and insulting to cheerleaders? What about all the smart cheerleaders? What about all the male cheerleaders?

Fact is, cheerleaders and jocks make easy targets because they reside at the top of our social food chain. In reality, they are essentially demigods in our society. Hence they get paid, laid & also player-hated on the most. :lol:

So do you think RW meant he thought I am a demi - god?

Why Cheerleading Isn't As Lame As We Thought

School is back in season! Seasons are changing, work is amounting, and we all need to take a few minutes to get pumped up about, well, life. I thought this would be an appropriate time to write about the least expected topic possible: an ode to cheerleading.

The ancient art of cheerleading has culminated into a modern symbol of all things Americana. It is like patriotism, in that it evokes a strong sense of pride and support. This is for the iconoclast who thinks cheerleading is just Soffe shorts and back flips.

Cheerleading is a classic model for gender equality (and maybe even female domination). Did you know cheerleading started out for men only? It began in the late 1800's and excluded female participants. It is no coincidence that women were incorporated into cheerleading only a few years after the 19th amendment was passed. Ladies, if we can parallel our efforts in usurping other fields like we did this sport, we could take over the world!

Cheerleaders pass down spirit sticks like Chinese oracle bones. They symbolize the essence of cheer: camaraderie, helpfulness, and enthusiasm. In 1954, the National Cheerleaders Association wanted to recognize a team for its attitude, rather than technical abilities. A twig was torn off a tree, and voila, given as a representation of goodwill, reminiscent of an Olive branch in ancient Grecian customs.

Poetry is often defined as saying the most with the least amount of words. It is also described as "literature in metrical form." Cheers exemplify this to a T. When cheerleaders need to say "Hey all of you people in the crowd, pay attention, and help us support what is happening on the field! And you out there on the field, get moving so we can win this game!" they must harness their poetic aptitude to say these things fast, and with a beat. Cheers are really the most evolved and efficient form of poetry as they pack excitement quite well.

Like Captain Morgan the alcohol pirate, there is a little cheerleader in all of us. You don't need a skirt or a ponytail. Remember this next time you toast your drink, pat someone on the back, or yell at a game on your television.

spartan_cheerleader_snl2.jpg

Classic cheerleaders Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri

george-w-bush-cheerleader.jpg

Our Nation's greatest cheerleader: former President George W.

Are we interested in cheerleaders?

or how to interact on the board?

It seems stunningly easy for people to miss the point that the INTENT and the CONTEXT is the major part of communication.

Unless you are aspergers/autistic?

That is another good thing to discuss...if labeling is ALWAYS considered an insult worthy of suspension.

I agree, if people really arent able to understand the essential subtleties of communication, and

1.intent

2.context

arent understood, then those people really would have to have An Idiots Guide to Being Civil.

Unfortunately for the literal minded, life isnt black and white, there are nuances and subtleties, but if those go above the heads of people, then we are reduced to all or nothing thinking.

ie DONT LABEL PEOPLE , IT IS CURSORY AND THEREFORE DISRESPECTFUL.

• Like 1

pansy wansy kissy prissy civility is the death of any good robust open public debate forum. Then its all cheerleading wall posts like facebook. yuk. There is nothing wrong amongst non-idiotic, non five year old, non pope playin adults having a robust open public forum debate as is (was?) the function of TTB. That's 1/2 the fun of it. But tryin to sell or promote products on a robust open forum you don't own will by their very nature not get the all positive, all hugs and kisses responses you might be hoping for. For these kind of school cheerleading forums, you really need to open one on your own website where you can set the rules for cheerleaders only.

MY CONCLUSION: Raymond should not have been banned for a week. Just given a warning of appearance and chance to explain himself or make it more clear ..for the idiots.

arent understood, then those people really would have to have An Idiots Guide to Being Civil.

ie DONT LABEL PEOPLE , IT IS CURSORY AND THEREFORE DISRESPECTFUL.

If you can't follow ur own advice, who should bother?

Edited by Tao99

Tao99, the fact is a lot of people are beautifully civil, dont engage in bickering or labelling or denigrating others.

Those that do clearly deter civil and potentially interesting people from posting.

Robust discussion is great and petty bickering , haranguing etc need have no part in it.

• Like 1

If you can't follow ur own advice, who should bother? Clearly you need further work.

Tao99 you are unable to understand that I am illustrating the dynamic of slippery slope.

you better start self moderating then,because your getting more petty and haranguing by the minute...

:)

I really feel I've made my point and y'all can make of it what you will. I have the best of intentions for the quality of the taobums board and the level of communication we can create together, which will make all potential members want to come here and join in, in a happy and relaxed way.

I'm off to have some tea now..off slope..

:)

I did. Pay attention. Don't just knee-jerk react.

I said if its not against stated forum rules then you should get off your high horse and stop telling people to stop posting because you don't like it, even though ITS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES.

We already have a mod squad applying the stated rules. We don't need a pope to complain about things not in the rules and tell the "offender" of some non-rule made up offense they should stop posting and are an idiot. Get it now? That will quickly ruin any open debate function this site has left.

I think you've missed the point of self-moderation and politeness, but bless your little heart you just don't seem to understand :)

Edited by Mokona
  • Like 1

As Cat once said --

"... I consider your name calling of me as [ignorant] to be bullying and disrespectful, an attempt to diminish and demean me and suggest my [state] of mind is compromised. It is an attempt to belittle me."

Edited by Tao99

This is clearly a backhanded, demeaning insult of my intelligence - 'too ignorant to understand'. I am personally insulted that you have attempted to belittle, bully, and diminish me in this way by calling me ignorant. That is a personal insult which is against rules. Report filed.

As Cat once said --

"... I consider your name calling of me as [ignorant] to be bullying and disrespectful, an attempt to diminish and demean me and suggest my [state] of mind is compromised. It is an attempt to belittle me."

Self quote:

I think you've missed the point of self-moderation and politeness, but bless your little heart you just don't seem to understand

As you once said: "Oh the horror"

Funny to think that you could care less about offending others but jump to such a defensive stance when you feel that I've infringed upon your toes. :P

Its actually very hypocritical and easy to see, and you understand that if it is something other than the very act of being hypocritical than as logic dictates you must be either

'too ignorant to understand'
or even that I would think to say something that would indicate your
[state] of mind is compromised.

Which could easily fall under common sense (not so common :lol: )

as an outcome of your writings. That in itself would just be a conclusion drawn from your own posts, and not a direct attack of any kind. Its like pointing a #2 pencil and saying: "Made of wood!" Please excuse me if you don't enjoy my vernacular, I toned it down for you. :P

But then again maybe something is melting down, perhaps your stressed out because

I understand this place less and less everyday.
That must be a bummer!