mwight

Would anyone living or staying in China be willing to help a fellow bum?

Hi everyone. I have a close friend who will be traveling to China making a trip to see a few high level masters.

I know one master is near Beijing. He is also traveling to Lung Fu Shan in Jiangxi Province.

Also he may be seeing another master but I am unsure where he is located, so as I get more info I'll post it.

Money is tight and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help him.

If you are in china and would be willing to accommodate him he is a high level student, kind and sincere.

If you live or rent in china and would be willing to help please let me know.

I believe he will be leaving in around or before Christmas I believe.

Hi everyone. I have a close friend who will be traveling to China making a trip to see a few high level masters.

I know one master is near Beijing. He is also traveling to Lung Fu Shan in Jiangxi Province.

Also he may be seeing another master but I am unsure where he is located, so as I get more info I'll post it.

If you are in china and would be willing to accommodate him he is a high level student, kind and sincere.

What kind of masters is he visiting? Martial arts? Taoist? ??

What kind of masters is he visiting? Martial arts? Taoist? ??

Taoist neigong masters.

China is a big place dude. I can advise you can always find a $10 cheap hotel if you know how to look.
Yea, he should not have any problem finding cheap lodging (or food) in China. Everything there is hella cheap (although slowly rising). When I stayed in a dorm there, I think it was about $9 USD/day. Of course, hotels might be more...but not $60-$100/night like here. You can also check online in the cities you plan to visit just to get some ballpark numbers.

I would just make sure you stay in at least 3-star hotels. Ones under 3 stars generally won't even advertise how many stars they have - as it would only make them look bad. :P I stayed in a 2-star one once and there were tiny roaches crawling around everywhere! So, I would avoid those. But anything 3-star and up was fine..

Edited by vortex

Ever heard of Couchsurfing? I think this is the ideal community that your buddy ought to hook up with.

http://www.couchsurfing.org/about.html

All the best. :)

Here are some of the hotel prices in Yingtan, Jiangxi, for example...

Generally, it appears that prices usually start from $10-$15 USD on the low end...and on up...

So, I'm guessing you can probably get a decent hotel for around $30 USD.

There's also probably many local hotels that aren't even on the internet too..

Here's another idea, save more money!! Pick up a second job or work at night or whatever. Go with cash and have fun.

Listen, he's going to China. Why restrict yourself to a shoe string budget when visiting a place like China?

Is this is first visit? Does he know what he's getting himself into?

Does he speak Chinese mandarin? If not he's going to get taken advantage of, probably, one way or the other.