Lanums

psychology

was wondering if anyone knows what this is called, if it is even called anything...

for instance, lets say my friend lies a lot, instead of telling them directly i ask them

my friend lies a lot, what should i do about this

is this a form of reverse psychology? im just really curious as to what this really is, if it really is anything at all

perhaps it is just the fear of confronting them directly?

thanks

sigh, that doesnt answer my question..

But your question is a very difficult one to answer. Hehehe.

I think lying has its roots in insecurity, for whatever the reason.

If we are afraid of the truth we will lie. All illusions and delusions are lies of one form or another. All unsupported beliefs are lies of one sort or another.

Lies are used to attempt to make things appear as we wish them to be, not as they really are.

From Wikipedia:

Pseudologia fantastica, mythomania, or pathological lying is one of several terms applied by psychiatrists to the behavior of habitual or compulsive lying.

It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck.

Although it is a controversial topic, one definition of pathological lying is the following: "Pathological lying is falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime."

Peace & Love!

this example is not to be taken literally

does it matter what example i give

and its not even me

i was just wondering what this is called when someone does this

i have noticed some people in my life do this

and i was just wondering what this is called

because i dont think it is reverse psychology

rofl

all i want to know is what this is called

something something whatever it is called

i guess im not making myself clear

ah forget it

was wondering if anyone knows what this is called, if it is even called anything...

for instance, lets say my friend lies a lot, instead of telling them directly i ask them

my friend lies a lot, what should i do about this

Sounds more like an attempt to minimize or avoid confrontation than reverse psychology.

Does that help?

p.s. Welcome to the 'bums :D

Good question I'd like to know what that is called too.

IMO it's not an attempt to avoid confrontation it's a fairly intelligent way to get the other person to think about their actions. Directly challenging them would probably make them defensive and into aggressive denial - and therefore less likely to be able to think about the effect of what they are doing.

Good question I'd like to know what that is called too.

IMO it's not an attempt to avoid confrontation it's a fairly intelligent way to get the other person to think about their actions. Directly challenging them would probably make them defensive and into aggressive denial - and therefore less likely to be able to think about the effect of what they are doing.

ah, finally someone who knows what im talking about

its really bugging me, all i want to know is what this is called

its not reverse psychology, it is _____________________________

its driving me nuts rofl

is that ur cat btw? sooooo cute, i want to steal him/her :P