Raymond Wolter

Ancient Songs of the TAO

Ancient Songs of the TAO

As part of my training as a Taoist priest in China, I learned 3,000 ancient liturgies that create vibrations for changing the energetic frequencies in human beings. I use these powerfully effective chants to help my students relax their tension, energetic blockages, emotions & churning thoughts. After decades of being asked to record them, I finally feel the time has come to share them with you. - Bruce Frantzis

For the past 20 years, Bruce's students have asked him to record the Taoist chants he uses in his meditation workshops and retreats. Listen to Bruce chant ancient liturgies for the purpose of weaving the physical, energetic, mental, and emotional energy bodies. This music of the spheres can be played while performing tai chi, chi gung/qigong or any moving practice as well as during your meditation practice. Each song builds on the next, helping you reestablish natural rhythms to bring more love, compassion, and joy into your life. This unique 3-CD set + 2 bonus CD's provides you with vibrational practice tools to:

* Boost your ability to breathe from your belly, kidneys, back and spine.

* Ensure your chi flows by aligning all parts of your body.

* Move from your head to heart-relaxing into the Heart-Mind.

* Transform fear, rejection, and anger into positive emotions.

* Become present.

Anyone has a review to share on this product? I am considering buying this one but was not too sure on what the usage of this is. Are these supposed to be like mantras which open up energy channels? Also, does Bruce explain the translation of these songs? Any info is appreciated.

Guest paul walter

Ancient Songs of the TAO

Anyone has a review to share on this product? I am considering buying this one but was not too sure on what the usage of this is. Are these supposed to be like mantras which open up energy channels? Also, does Bruce explain the translation of these songs? Any info is appreciated.

No, there are no translations but he does give a 'talk' before each one to explain its intent, which in itself (like much of his writing) is very healing/grounding. For rarity value alone they are worth getting if you are that much into the culture. The 'songs' (really half-way between songs and mantras) are designed to clear things-energies, through resonance. You can listen to them simply as they stand or when doing particular meditations/excercises that correspond with the clearing or strengthening of that particular emotion/state that the individual songs are designed for. His singing voice is clear and resonant, no doubt due to his large lung/diaphragm capacity though I imagine a Chinese taoist would sing them rather differently, perhaps with a little more subtlety? Again, since I have nothing to compare them to these remarks are my feelings on the discs. There are three discs though the third one is simply an uninterrupted play of the songs on the previous two. Paul

Edited by paul walter

Ancient Songs of the TAO

Hey Raymond

I have the CD set, it's pretty good I use it during qi gong mostly. Sometimes I will use it during meditation but not to often. From what I remember he does not give the translation for the liturgies. The first three discs are guided by Bruce and the last two are just him performing the liturgies without any instruction. I was really excited to get these because his sales copy really makes it seem like your going to open up all these channels faster by listening to it. Well I can't say that happened for me but I do enjoy them. I guess what I'm trying to say is they are good and I would recommend them, but their not great. Maybe if I use them more I would notice more. I do have to say some of the liturgies can be quite agitating but that probably just means I have more crap to dissolve. :)

Hey Raymond

I have the CD set, it's pretty good I use it during qi gong mostly. Sometimes I will use it during meditation but not to often. From what I remember he does not give the translation for the liturgies. The first three discs are guided by Bruce and the last two are just him performing the liturgies without any instruction. I was really excited to get these because his sales copy really makes it seem like your going to open up all these channels faster by listening to it. Well I can't say that happened for me but I do enjoy them. I guess what I'm trying to say is they are good and I would recommend them, but their not great. Maybe if I use them more I would notice more. I do have to say some of the liturgies can be quite agitating but that probably just means I have more crap to dissolve. :)

I have them too. Am luke warm about them. They're pretty peculiar sounds, and I found them extraordinarily distracting the first couple of times: quite a few of them have often startling crescendos, and many of them have strange (for western ears) tonal shifts. I've had moments when it's felt like something -- a sort of real detachment -- has occurred in my mind. They do seem to have some discernible physiological impact too. But certainly don't expect miracles, and for his credit Frantzis (unlike those binaural beats guys) doesn't make wild claims.

Thank you for posting this site with the trial sound.

Listened to it twice, it immediately hit my wrists and my ankles and the overtones with sound like "blades make wind"

expanded me, vocal sinking halftones grounded, and the music alltogether pulled the left

and right together in a state of harmony.

I dont know much about these things but it was lovely.

Interesting. Didn't know some Taoist chants have overtones. Pardon my "ignorance". Felt energy shifts from sample.