mjjbecker

Stillness Movement Neigong and Michael Lomax's 'Light Warrior's Guide' Book

Michael,

Is there an opening that corresponds to the closing? I've been wondering this since I began your system.

Now that you say 'it is OK IF you do the closing', I feel like doing the good old 'head-to-wall' bash. There was a period where I thought I wasn't getting anywhere, and that I was still trapped in my head and was only kidding myself. This was after a time when I felt a huge difference in my life after starting your method.

I realize now, that while what was happening during my meditation had been trickling out into the rest of my life, AFTER I stopped doing the closing that stopped.

Michael,

Is there an opening that corresponds to the closing? I've been wondering this since I began your system.

Now that you say 'it is OK IF you do the closing', I feel like doing the good old 'head-to-wall' bash. There was a period where I thought I wasn't getting anywhere, and that I was still trapped in my head and was only kidding myself. This was after a time when I felt a huge difference in my life after starting your method.

I realize now, that while what was happening during my meditation had been trickling out into the rest of my life, AFTER I stopped doing the closing that stopped.

Yes, the "opening" is listed.

You know, I have never really liked the term "closing" as it implies, to me, a certain distancing or separation of a technique. Stillness-Movement is a system that contains many components. The "closing" is just as important component as any other component, so it never should be separated. The only time it could be separated is, if someone chose to do it as it's own qigong. This "closing" procedure that we do is powerful and could indeed be utilized as a qigong method in itself. But then it would be a body oriented qigong and not Stillness-Movement. The Stillness-Movement system itself includes sitting, standing, walking, sleeping, running, dreamtime, tree and wai qi liao fa.

• Like 1

^_^ I am coming the first, two days (I am lazy to go the bank) as for the third day I am not sure since:

"If you have prior training in

medical qigong or Asian bodywork therapy you can go ahead and register. If you

have no medical training, nor training in medical qigong, but have been practicing

qigong for a period of time you must first introduce yourself to Michael"

I am still on the Self Healing Form of my Main Practise. I know that I have practise enough to start the medical Wai Qi Liao Fa levels next year with my teacher( And I am pretty a "natural" slowpoke in joining Seminars. I am stayed 4 Years in the Self Healing Form and finished "learning" it this year (Takes one year regular Seminars for learning and finsihing.... :blink:), I hope I not take so much time for the rest 3 Levels.

The most interesting of my teachers programm is the later abillity to recycle Sick Qi

and the unlimited digestet and concentrated flow resulting that healing one is like exercise itself instead of depleting the own resource. Exercise become less to 20 mins per day for the other levels there is a time and repetition limit (except you are a Super-Sayajin :D )

The reason why I have the interest in your System is : Vibration and Light the Fire

(Also I like to make my teacher asking the question : "What else Qigong do you make?"

He can see when people practise other things and may harm themself by mixing different Energy Work....thus he had not said anything since I experiment so much ^_^,

I want him see pulling a face when I have higher Vibration and the things you may transfer. Also when he says nothing... a good sign that something happens but nothing conflicting so he may just think : "Oh he cultivates well-strange the form I teached him until now can not give him so much boost but he should learn either French or Mandarin his progress is zero" :lol: .

Regards,

Q

My suggestion is to be honest with your teacher and ask him, as he knows you. The "Lighting the Fire" is contingent on your continued practice of Stillness-Movement. I actually think you already have this. But attending would certainly give you a bump up.

The 3rd day I am asking for folks to have studied anatomy and physiology IF they wish to do the Taoist Medicine part. I am allowing folks who have previously practiced qigong to take the 3rd day and do the wai chi liao fa part, but OBSERVE only on the Taoist Medicine part if they have not formally studied anatomy and physiology.

• Like 1

Ok, i give in. I bought your book Ya Mu :lol:

Bless you!

and

YEAH! Now I can FINALLY take down my ads, quit posting, and take a trip to the Bahamas - can taste those goombay smashes and conch fritters already!

Conch fritters are tasty! :)

I received my copy of your DVD yesterday, BTW...

So is cracked conch and conch salad. I was a resident of the Bahamas at one point in my life. ALL things conch, fresh fish, English ales, & pirates.

Enjoy the DVD - Learn then do outside in those amazingly powerful and beautiful mountains.

Lets see.... when I had a visit with my teacher :closedeyes:.

So you tell me to "observe" the Taoist Medicine... :glare: does this "observersation" also count when I am a test subject?

A clear sight would be a success.

So I am curious if you can tell a bit of the Wai Chi Liao Fa?

Q

One must have studied anatomy and physiology in order to perform the Taoist medicine. Observe means exactly that - watch what is done. But yes, I do think you can do, and if you take the class you WILL do, wai chi liao fa.

• Like 1

Best I can put it is one hr = good, 2 hrs = better, 3 hrs=better than 2. Do I think a person can progress doing only one hr of Stillness-Movement per day. Of course. It depends on on's goals. A healer has to have MUCH OOMPH, so I tell students who wish to be healers to practice 4-5 hrs per day. Now if they were only seeing one patient per day they could get by with a good bit less. But if they are seeing really sick patients all day long they BETTER practice a lot; healers absorb sick qi - Stillness-Movement shakes it out.

So I just have a few questions. So Ya Mu, when you say a healer should do 4-5 hrs per day of concentrated stillness movement; do you mean 4-5 hrs straight in one sitting, or can it be say 5 one hour practices spread out throughout the day? Also just curious, you say that you do stillness movement 24/7, however how much time do you devote to "concentrated" stillness movement practice per day?

So I just have a few questions. So Ya Mu, when you say a healer should do 4-5 hrs per day of concentrated stillness movement; do you mean 4-5 hrs straight in one sitting, or can it be say 5 one hour practices spread out throughout the day? Also just curious, you say that you do stillness movement 24/7, however how much time do you devote to "concentrated" stillness movement practice per day?

It can be divided up, but at least an hour per session. But again I caution you to just start out with an hour.

What I do as a long term practitioner has no meaning for what you should do as a beginner to this system.

• Like 1

Well personally, I am not even at that beginner phrase where I can practice for an hour a day, having never gone to a workshop :lol: . For now, once my finals and over, I will just slowly build up a practice of Gift of the Tao and then hopefully this summer I can actually attend one of your famous workshops. And once I do learn stillness movement, I will take that slowly as well, I am not a believer in rushing things; I have my whole life to get this right, why risk rushing and injuring yourself. I was just wondering for curiosities sake as to the details of your own practice.

Do you think the practice would be more effective if done in one sitting, than spread out into 5 different times throughout the day?

Well personally, I am not even at that beginner phrase where I can practice for an hour a day, having never gone to a workshop :lol: . For now, once my finals and over, I will just slowly build up a practice of Gift of the Tao and then hopefully this summer I can actually attend one of your famous workshops. And once I do learn stillness movement, I will take that slowly as well, I am not a believer in rushing things; I have my whole life to get this right, why risk rushing and injuring yourself. I was just wondering for curiosities sake as to the details of your own practice.

Do you think the practice would be more effective if done in one sitting, than spread out into 5 different times throughout the day?

I have not been to one of Michael's workshops yet either but I have been doing one-hour sessions of stillness-movement at least once and sometimes twice a day (with a few missed days during that time) for six or eight weeks, and I have been working on learning GotT for the last couple of weeks. I view this time pre-workshop (which may be several more months) as valuable practice time, learning to ignore and quiet my inner dialog, to focus my intent on my dan tien, to sit for an hour :) and to gather energy through GotT.

FWIW...

All this becomes obvious with the practice itself. Some days better longer sessions - some days better shorter sessions. Read in the book about "Listening".

• Like 1

I have not been to one of Michael's workshops yet either but I have been doing one-hour sessions of stillness-movement at least once and sometimes twice a day (with a few missed days during that time) for six or eight weeks, and I have been working on learning GotT for the last couple of weeks. I view this time pre-workshop (which may be several more months) as valuable practice time, learning to ignore and quiet my inner dialog, to focus my intent on my dan tien, to sit for an hour :) and to gather energy through GotT.

FWIW...

You are doing well, I can tell a difference already. Hopefully you can too!

• Like 1

You are doing well, I can tell a difference already. Hopefully you can too!

Indeed I can, sir! Indeed I can...

:)

Rainbow vein,

So is this the first time you have taken up a steady practice of qigong? Also have you been to any workshops yet, or have just been practicing based on the guidelines from the book?

Ya Mu, I read the book and it's great. I just can't fathom the why of the first part about the other dimension. I know it's written something along the lines of the dilemma of putting that stuff in there but given I have the opportunity to do so on here, can I ask "Why did you put the first part in there?"

Thanks!

Kate

Well, I got the book from Amazon four or so months ago and it sat unopened for a week or two. Then the decision, I decided to open it instead of returning it. I looked through it a bit but didn't read much. It was sort of what I expected. :) It's the kind of thing I've thought of putting out there, telling about some interesting things that have happened, implying things could happen to you too (which is correct) and that you can do (like it shows energy healing techniques) but not too much about how to cultivate the ability to use those techniques.

So, it's mainly an advertisement, and a pretty expensive one too.

I decided not to go that route (book for advertising).

You know, too many dragons in the closet.

Edited by Starjumper7
  • Like 1

Ya Mu, I read the book and it's great. I just can't fathom the why of the first part about the other dimension. I know it's written something along the lines of the dilemma of putting that stuff in there but given I have the opportunity to do so on here, can I ask "Why did you put the first part in there?"

Thanks!

Kate

Do you mean the "Prologue"?

It was put there because I wanted folks to think about where all this really comes from. Most think of it as a 100 year old or two hundred year old or 5000 year old system. I don't see it that way. How about from a time before time?

• Like 1

Do you mean the "Prologue"?

It was put there because I wanted folks to think about where all this really comes from. Most think of it as a 100 year old or two hundred year old or 5000 year old system. I don't see it that way. How about from a time before time?

Thanks for the answer Ya Mu! It is a little belated, which caused me to wonder if my question caused you some discomfort? I wondered why a perfectly good practice book would come with that weird beginning. IMO it would put some people off (almost me, but then I read the rest) when the practices themselves are very good - plus all the clinical results you have.

I'm at that strange point where I know that time doesn't exist but it does, both at the same time. :lol: So I guess I don't mind whatever story you come up with, but I also wonder why the culture in that story looks to me to be very similar to our own "contemporary" North American "culture". Were people before time really like that? I actually hope not. I guess I was hoping for something less, well, superficial and "action movie-ish". But then I know there's a whole tradition of "action-movie" style in Asia...

"Where" these practices come from seems partially documented - until you get to the point where no documentation exists. Is that your point? :ninja:

OR, are you attempting to say these practices come from elsewhere than the earth? Something else?

If it's from outer space, I won't be happy.

Thanks for the answer Ya Mu! It is a little belated, which caused me to wonder if my question caused you some discomfort? I wondered why a perfectly good practice book would come with that weird beginning. IMO it would put some people off (almost me, but then I read the rest) when the practices themselves are very good - plus all the clinical results you have.

I'm at that strange point where I know that time doesn't exist but it does, both at the same time. :lol: So I guess I don't mind whatever story you come up with, but I also wonder why the culture in that story looks to me to be very similar to our own "contemporary" North American "culture". Were people before time really like that? I actually hope not. I guess I was hoping for something less, well, superficial and "action movie-ish". But then I know there's a whole tradition of "action-movie" style in Asia...

"Where" these practices come from seems partially documented - until you get to the point where no documentation exists. Is that your point? :ninja:

OR, are you attempting to say these practices come from elsewhere than the earth? Something else?

If it's from outer space, I won't be happy.

Belated - been really busy; didn't actually know you asked.

It wasn't meant to have so much read into it - just a simple tale about a long-term soul struggle. These practices have a very long-term history of use.

Outer space? HA! How about inner space?

Let's explore the inner before we worry about the outer. Could be the outer is located/to be found in the inner.

• Like 1