20091020luguang06.jpg

20091020luguang07.jpg

20091020luguang08.jpg

20091020luguang09.jpg

20091020luguang10.jpg

20091020luguang11.jpg

20091020luguang14.jpg

Guest paul walter

One of the defining traits of animals is that they don't pollute their own immediate environment--seems only civilization causes that--pigeons, dogs, humans...

Also, one of the markers for serious mental illness is the inability to look after your own health/environment.

See the film/book "The Corporation" (Joel Backan) for a run down on the pathology of this sort of thing.

High on the sacred mountain
Up the seven thousand stairs
In the golden light of autumn
There was magic in the air

The clouds surrounded the summit
The wind blew strong and cold
Among the silent temples
And the writing carved in gold

Somewhere in my instincts
The primitive took hold.

I stood at the top of the mountain
And China sang to me
In the peaceful haze of harvest time
A song of eternity

If you raise your hands to heaven
You will live a hundred years
I stood there like a mystic
Lost in the atmosphere

The clouds were suddenly parted
For a moment I could see
The patterns of the landscape
Reaching to the eastern sea

I looked upon a presence
Spanning forty centuries.

I stood at the top of the mountain
And China sang to me
In the peaceful haze of harvest time
A song of eternity

I thought of time and distance
The hardships of history
I heard the hope and the hunger
When China sang to me...
When China sang to me.

Horrible. Thanks for bringing this to light. May everyone on earth become motivated to change, and to value the connection of all things.

YMW. Thanks for your interest, guys. I know, I feel really sorry for what's currently happening to once the greatest spiritual culture on Earth. Still China has got a lot to offer but is in pretty bad shape.

This is horrible, but this is also carefully selected to create a certain impression -- China has it bad, we have it good. We don't have it good, we cover our polluting tracks better. E.g., we have Corexit. It is more toxic than pollution itself, but it will photoshop pollution and make it invisible. Also we arrest journalists who try to take pictures like the ones from China.

I returned from a month and a half in China just a month ago, and I still can't get over how unhealthy everybody here looks compared to the Chinese crowd. Even in the best areas of Southern California where everybody is health-conscious. Body shapes, postures, complexions -- everything out of whack. And children! Either deep-fried in the sun or pale, pale children you don't see in China, many have cheeks colored beautiful healthy-blood hues of raspberry, and quite a few people retain the color into their 30's, 40's and occasionally 70s. I've seen people in the streets talk on the phone while running (not jogging, just in a hurry) in 104 degrees heat without breaking a sweat. I've seen countless cab drivers with their glass jar of freshly brewed tea nestling beside them, never a soda can. I've seen, day in and day out, the crowd of patients at a popular doctor's office. The crowd looks healthier than the one I see go in and out of a trendy gym in my neighborhood here in So Cal.

We are mushrooms. We are kept in the dark and fed shit.

We do sell our pollution to China, by the way (using the whole country as our dumpster, among other things), so if everything goes the way it currently goes, it's only a matter of time till they become as DNA-molested as Westerners. But not yet.