rodgerj

What would you do? I-Ching

Dear friends,

I have recently separated from my wife whom I still love. We have four children, a nice house we home-school our kids and apart from arguments and fights everything was great. It's not the first time we have separated, but I think it's the last for sure. She wants a divorce.

I have been thinking the last few day about what I'm going to do. We will loose the house for sure eventually, there is no equity in it. We also have lots of debt that I will not be able to pay when the child support kicks in. So it seems, it's going to go bad to worse.

This week I have had to take off work (because my wife is with a friend). I have had the kids full time and obviously it's been hard work. I have a new found respect for my wife and all women. Of course I've had them on my own before but perhaps the circumstances made me actually realize what she did for my kids every day.

I do several sets of chins every day and over 200 push-ups every other. I do internal work too of course. But after a week of full time four kids my back hurts!! What dawned on me today is although it's hard, I love it. I love spending all day looking after my kids. I love working hard to make them happy. For the first time in my life I think I have found a job that I love!

Right now I work in IT and I hate it. I have always stuck it out just to provide for the family. All it has provided is years of stress. So I'm thinking I want to be the primary caregiver and be a stay at home dad! I have a feeling my wife will be ok with this. She has been doing it for years so if I did it would give her some freedom. I love her, but I have to set her free. It really hurts.

I know that we will still loose everything, become bankrupt and I will end up in a crap hole in a bad part of town, but if I'm with my kids and we are together it doesn't matter.

Anyway... This is a big decision and it could be the wrong one. In my heart it feels right. I wondered if anyone here could do an I-Ching reading for me. I would not base my decision entirely on that but some guidance from the Tao may be helpful!

Hey rodgerj, I'm really sorry to hear about your upheaval. It would be great to see what the IChing would say and if you wanted it to be here on the forum we could all learn a bit more about the I Ching, whilst supporting you..

Stigweard is our expert. Let's get it rolling..

Hi Rogerj,

I have nothing to offer at the moment except my wishes for the best, whatever that might be. I will keep an eye on the thread in the event I might have something of value to add.

Peace & Love!

I Ching will give you a holographic pattern of the energy of the moment. Same pattern you'll find in little things as well as in big scheme on longterm, so here's one method of finding the actual moment pattern:

You take three coins and make an arbitrary convention in your mind like this: head is 3 points, tails is 2 points.

You put a single question in your mind and you throw the coins in the air an let them fall and roll 6 times.

Each time you make the arithmetic sum of the points, you can obtain

2+2+2 =6 this will count as a changing yin to yang

2+2+3 =7 this will count as a stable yang

2+3+3 =8 this will count as a stable yin

3+3+3 =9 this will count as a changing yang to yin

After you obtain the 6 lines, you can have an interpretation of the hexagram from someone else but you have to obtain the hexagram by yourself because it is about your energy and your environment. And you cannot do it twice, the answer given by I Ching is unique and final and it refers only to you and your question in your mind.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/iching/introduction.php

Thanks for your thoughts guys. So I just did the coin method and it came up with the following;

If anyone who knows how to interpret that could help it would be much appreciated! In the mean time I will check out that website.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your thoughts guys. So I just did the coin method and it came up with the following;

If anyone who knows how to interpret that could help it would be much appreciated! In the mean time I will check out that website.

Thanks again.

The throw reads favorable for you now...

I threw one on it, like thinking through it sometimes; got #12 (Wilhelm) sounded good too - you want to do it?

Hexagram

Main moving line

Transform hex

I think this is right - but done online with no books so someone say if I've made a mistake please!!!

Basically I would say your situation is brought about by necessity and maybe not the basis for creative change e.g. deciding what to do with your life. You are acting honorably/well but you need to keep thinking what would happen if things don't work out i.e. with regard to the kids - they are necessarily the main focus of course.

Don't make big plans yet ... hold fire and wait to see how things develop before that.

Anyway... This is a big decision and it could be the wrong one. In my heart it feels right. I wondered if anyone here could do an I-Ching reading for me. I would not base my decision entirely on that but some guidance from the Tao may be helpful!

I have responded to you via email rodgerj ;)