h.uriahr

First food experience

I was walking around, enjoying the people, the site and the smells when my stomach started to argue with me about my slacking on the tao of stomach fullness. I decided to walk up to "Jungle George's" and see what was on the menu. Believe it or not:

Alligator on a stick and burgers

Llama burger

Ostrich burger

Dried Scorpions

Lion Burger

I was toying with the idea of a Lion burger, arguing agaisnt eating such a magnificant creature but then the "well if I dont eat it someone eles will" arguement came up so I decided to get a Lion burger and a scorpion. As I was sinking my teeth into the burger I had a wave of guilt but decided that it was best if I consumed it because I'm atleast sharing an intimate experience with this no extinct animal.

Now up to this point, I've never actually paid any attention to what I was eating, as to the feeling. After biting, chewing and swallowing the first bite, I could feel chi slowly follow the food down my throat, into my stomach, but then settling lower in my dantien. I stopped in amazement and then took my next bite. Same thing. I soon forgot the sites, the people and the smells because I could feel the chi from the Lion burger, which leads me to believe that it was put to rest not too long ago.

Now on to strange happening number 2. I had been toying with the idea of when I should eat the scorpion and decided that since my stomach had digested the Lion and was feeling quite well, although rather light, that now was the time to sample bizarre eats number 2. I pulled the scorpion out after a few lengthy minutes of admiring how well put together a scorpion is and just held it. After just a second of holding the scorption I felt an electrical chi net blanket my palm. Spark after spark of chi tingle. Again, I was quite stunned. I've my share of great experiences but hadnt ever had a food induced one. I let the scorpion sit there for a few moments before thanking it for the nurishment and consuming. I did the same thing for the Lion as well. I dont care to eat meat much but when I do, I give thanks.

In case youre wondering, the Lion had a very distinct, sweet and gamey taste. Somewhat similar to deer but much sweeter and yet different. The scorpion had a stale peanut taste.

edit: added scorpion experience

Edited by TaiChiAddict

Lion Burger...

Freaking stupid. What's next? Gorilla burger or maybe Chinese orphan soup?

Humans can reach a higher level than Gods but instead keep on focusing on blinding themselves with more dust.

Btw, why not love and hugs burgers?

Humans certainly need more of that.

I can give some for free. :)

I was toying with the idea of a Lion burger, arguing agaisnt eating such a magnificant creature but then the "well if I dont eat it someone eles will" arguement came up

This thought totally ignores basic market economics. Supply and demand. In this case, the demand is the relevant factor, for the amount of supply and whether it is limited is not known to the consumer.

But I think the thought that because it is uncommon is must be rare came up.

Now up to this point, I've never actually paid any attention to what I was eating, as to the feeling. After biting, chewing and swallowing the first bite, I could feel chi slowly follow the food down my throat, into my stomach, but then settling lower in my dantien. I stopped in amazement and then took my next bite. Same thing. I soon forgot the sites, the people and the smells because I could feel the chi from the Lion burger, which leads me to believe that it was put to rest not too long ago.

I think you confused outer and inner cause. You say that you really paid attention to the experience for the first time. So this is the difference to other food experiences, and not that that kind of meat is somehow special just because it's a lion. Do you know the saying?: Where attention goes, energy flows. Maybe the chi you felt was your own. ;)

In case youre wondering, the Lion had a very distinct, sweet and gamey taste. Somewhat similar to deer but much sweeter and yet different. The scorpion had a stale peanut taste.

Do you know they didn't add any spices or other kinds of flavorings?

Btw, why not love and hugs burgers?

I guess someone being hugges from two opposite sides can be called a loveburger or a burger hug. :D Or is that already called a sandwich?

Edited by Hardyg

Do humans taste like chicken to a lion?

- Only those who tried to run away.

Jesus says: "Blessed is the lion which a man eats so that the lion becomes a man. But cursed is the man whom a lion eats so that the man becomes a lion!"

-Gospel of Thomas 7

:P

Sick on many levels.

(Or useless without clarification.)

Edited by Hardyg

...ok?

To clarify: I don't have a problem with people eating a little lion. Is that any worse than people eating beef/chicken/fish/deer/etc? It's such a common thing, and I do eat those. It's good for us.

Animals eat us, we eat them...hopefully we're being sensible about it and not killing them all off.

The quote from Gospel of Thomas popped into my head when I saw "lion burger". It is an interesting thing to consider, that what you eat becomes part of you...especially if you can feel it is so, as the original poster did. Some spiritual traditions believe that the human is the highest form of life because of its potential for awakening.

Just something to consider. Being the fool that I am, I don't really believe either/or.

Edited by Scotty

"I was toying with the idea of a Lion burger, arguing agaisnt eating such a magnificant creature but then the "well if I dont eat it someone eles will" arguement came up"

I mean yeah, everyone's gonna end up dying anyway so you may as well just kill people as you please ;p

So many thoughtful and colorful responses :)

It's difficult not to hold a lion higher up than a cow or a chicken although to do so isn't fair to any of them.

With that said I don't allow much meat in my diet. I like to follow Dr. Furhman's dietary recommendations but every now and again I have a bit of meat.

People often forget the intimacy involved with eating. You're taking something and uniting it within your body. That's a very intimate experience and I don't understand why people just share that with anything and everything. I did have a bit of guilt, as I do when I eat any kinds of meat but I follow the internal flow of my body. Now just to kind of clarify, I don't give my body what it wants but what it needs.

Anyhow, I appreciate the responses and hope they keep flowing.

People often forget the intimacy involved with eating. You're taking something and uniting it within your body.

I did have a bit of guilt, as I do when I eat any kinds of meat but I follow the internal flow of my body.

I wouldn't call it uniting. You take it in, it is being broken down to its various substances, they are chemically converted, and then some of them are used for further chemical reactions, others are just dumped.

Why do you feel guilt when eating meat, and why not when eating plants?

I wouldn't call it uniting. You take it in, it is being broken down to its various substances, they are chemically converted, and then some of them are used for further chemical reactions, others are just dumped.

Why do you feel guilt when eating meat, and why not when eating plants?

And I would call it a unification until defication :)

The guilt is and has always been associated with not personally killuing the animal myself, IOW, I don't know how it was put down and I also don't know if it was free range or not. In case you're wondering I have done some hunting. I've been fishing and also deer hunting. Missing a fatal shot due to an amature error led me to "bleeding out" my first deer. That was a very intense experience for me. Again, very intimate. I developed a deeper appreciation for animals in general but especially during consumption.

I've also reached a point in training where I'm a conduit for emotions. That could be the reason for elevated guilt with bouts of bliss. It definitely made going to the fair very interesting. Fighting back tears while walking through the animal nursery and then purging a lot of nervous energy wading through the crowds...interesting times.