Sign in to follow this  
Franklin

Tai Chi Workout DVD

Hi -

Every so often a Tai Chi topic comes up here so I thought this might be on interest.

My DVD is now available on Amazon.com (see the links below)

I have been teaching for about 17 years now- and I find that most people are very happy with just learning Tai Chi exercises instead of committing to learn the long form- the exercises give them everything they are looking for and are simple to preform. I developed this "exercise" set so that it is not just beginner material (so that I could get some benefit and practice in while I lead the class though the exercises)-

it covers-

some very effective exercises for opening the body- including the kua, spine, and shoulders

standing meditation

Tai Chi Walking

and single posture practice (some done stationary like cloud hands and some done walking)

so far everyone has enjoyed these classes (including myself- I can still work on things that I need to develop after close to 20 years of practice while still "leading beginners")

I think this DVD would be a great introduction to Tai Chi practice

and I would hope people find it different from "popular" tai chi exercise videos that are available- (the ones that are more "fluff" then actual Tai Chi)

the details are below

Franklin

41%2BRmf%2BMdjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Tai Chi Workout DVD

The Tai Chi Workout is designed so that you can experience the benefits of practicing Tai Chi without having to learn a long and complicated form. The exercises are easy to learn and gentle on the body while building skills and attributes that are necessary to explore the depth of Tai Chi Practice.

Having taught Tai Chi and related disciples for over 15 years, it is my experience many beginners take up Tai Chi because of the health benefits, but can get overwhelmed or frustrated when confronted with having to learn a long and complicated Tai Chi Form. This workout is designed so that a new student on their first day will be able to follow along and practice all the exercises.

The workout includes exercises that loosen and relax the joints, a standing meditation (Zhan Zhuang) which builds energy and connection in the body, Tai Chi walking exercises, and Tai Chi movement exercises. This is a low impact workout that will help you relax and get rid of stress, become more aware and in control of your body, and benefit circulation. To go through this workout should take between 20 to 40 minutes.

This DVD includes an introduction to the workout, a section on the Tai Chi Principles that must be adhered to while practicing, detailed instruction in each of the 13 exercises that make up the workout, and a set of closing exercises to end your practice.

This workout builds and refines skills that are necessary for Tai Chi Practice. Your commitment to practice determines the depth of your training and development.

Format: NTSC

Region: All Regions

Studio: Shen Long Publishing

DVD Release Date: July 26, 2010

Run Time: 93 minutes

The Tai Chi Workout DVD

here is a video preview with one of the 13 exercises in the workout

this exercise is good for relaxing the hips and lower back, and opening the kua area

Franklin

Sign in to follow this