Sign in to follow this  
Taiji Bum

Taoist Alchemy Q&A Video #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1ylMsDBpVU

I was sent this email so I made a video answer:

Thank you for posting your experiences on-line. Surely you have great fortune and merit to have encountered and experienced these things. I have a question regarding the 100 days, if you would be so kind to answer. You talked of "firing" the qi to transform it into shen... Is this firing the same thing as the Kan and Li talked about in Mantak Chia's system (I don't follow his teachings or exercises, but do use them as a sort of reference for research)? Does it happen in the central channel (thrusting channel in the Chinese system, I believe), or does the qi move up the spine? The Tibetan Buddhist and Taoist inner alchemy seem very similar, but I'm just getting to the point now where I feel ready to fire and transform the energy. Thank you for your time and inspiration.

Also, when you talk about the 100 days, you said you moved the qi up the spine to the forehead and stopped there without bringing the energy back down to the tan tien. Is that right? Did the energy pool in the 3rd eye area?

Any instructions or insights you could share will be greatly appreciated.

Cool stuff man, i enjoyed your videos. It's nice to know that their are so many masters and great teachers within Tao Bums. :)

Edited by Tao Apprentice

Great stuff.

Not talking too fast (I re watched your 1st video to check) but perhaps just spoke what you were reading and your responses a bit too close together.

i.e. I wasn't sure if it was you posters off the cuff comments (in brackets on the written version) were still his comments, they sounded a bit more like yours.

p.s. love that t shirt slogan :B

Enjoy your vids.

I don't want to contradict Mal but I did think you were talking a bit fast - not too bad cos I could follow it but maybe slow it down a little if you do another. Also liked the t shirt.

Thanks guys (aka: Shameless Bump) The shirt is one I got for a powerlifting group I am in. They also have ones that say, "Shut The F... Up And Train".

Sign in to follow this